The virgin "emperor"

>The virgin "emperor"
>THE CHAD CHANCELLOR

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Prussian_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just look at their fucking uniforms dammit, napoleon looks ridiculous compared to bismarck

Nonsense, Napoleon III was also a chad.

He was an utter failure as an emperor, he was the Wilhelm II of his time

Bismarck unified germany wich is far worse than anything nappy 3 did

maybe it was bad for France, but it was good for Germans

why did it take so long for you guys t unite

>the /his/ thread
>THE /INT SHITPOST

Willy gets a bad rap, man just wanted to play with his boats

we needed an outside threat to unite.
Thanks for that, by the way

>"Isn't it true that we weren't cowards at Sedan"?

>post first empire france
>a threat
lol??

>aristocrats didn't want it because the'd lose power
>other European powers didn't want it because they'd have a bigass country right at their doorstep
>Nationalism was correlated to democracy at the time and the 1848 revolution failed
only a big war like the one of 1870 could finally get the German princes of their asses

german nationalism was only born after the experience of beeing conquered by napoleon

they still declared war on the german states like a bunch of retards lel

>1870
>a big war
you wiped everything in less than a year

Shoulda done that in his bathtub then

name me a bigger war on the continent in the second half of the 19th century

I always thought the late unification happened thanks to the France and the Austro-Hungarian Empire influences. Plus the lack of a strongman like Bismarck.

crimean war

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_War

Bismarck wasn't really a strongman, just a really good diplomat. Also, nobody really liked him before 1870, only after that did the hero worship of him begin

Well, we were sorta "united" within the HRE. But by the 18th century, it became a complete joke, and napoleon finally killed it. So all the little German countries were defenseless and needed some new sort of union.
The experience of beeing forcefully conquered by French opressors gave Germans the idea that they need to unite in order to be able to defend themselves

this desu, he didn't even want to annex Alsace-Lorraine because it would gain Germany the emnity of France

okay, second biggest then

all other wars were pretty small, including the franco-prussian war

Discrediting the enemy by self hate. That's a new low

nearly a million on each side fought each other, I wouldn't call that small

Thanks.

I used to imagine Prussia as something too powerful to be conquered by Austria and vice-verse.
I also used to think the Austro-Hungarian Empire was meddling with the small germanic states like the Habsburg Austria of the William Tell's story while buying some of their princes.

well i'm not gonna lie.
see the casualties
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Prussian_War

HRE was a bit like NATO. The strongest country became the leader (Emperor) and in return defended the smaller countries in case of a foreign invasion.
And Prussia and Austria didn't really have the moral justification to conquer each other. German unification was more of an voluntary thingy

Nah, that's Prussian propaganda. Austria was at the helm of the German federation and Prussia was always the outsider, only when the Austrians got their shit pushed in in 1866 did it reverse to the complete opposite.

I agree

>le ebin working german

The chancellor to set things right.

He fucked everything up though