Expect low grade, dumb but fun, B-movie Arnold action movie

>Expect low grade, dumb but fun, B-movie Arnold action movie
>Get one of the smartest most thrilling actionfest films ever made

How did this happen?

>How did this happen?
Because your a special snowflake millenial hipster fuck tard. Back to plebbit with you.

It was smart in the sense that it is probably the only action movie where you can 100% suspend your disbelief

It's aged badly though. Why the fuck is Arnie so red/orange

Verhoeven was no dummy

Explain to me how Total Recall is smarter than any other half decent sci fi action flick.

It's based on the work of Phillip K. Dick

Arnie never left the chair. Everything that happens in the movie is part of the secret agent program. The aliens, the chick he meets, and even the doctor who tries to get him take the pill says word for word exactly what happens later in the film. Notice after he says "the walls of reality will come crashing down" and then the walls of the hotel room literally crash down. This is never made specific and most people never picked up on it. Its never flat out explained to the audience, but when you pay attention there can be no other explanation

You were born in the 90s to old people who should have had their children 10-15 years earlier so as a result you got a bunch of genetic disorders resulting in assburgers and lipshits. SAD.

>smartest

Are you a fucking retard? Have you not watched inception, interstellar

this

Because it's not a cartoon made for Chinese people

Reminder that Quaid never left Recall and the entire Mars terraforming thing only happened as part of the plot of his vacation adventure.

>le my mum was a teen mother

Lol degenerate bastard.

How did he have a dream of her before going to Rekall though? The few questions they asked him couldn't have created an exact duplicate of the woman he saw in his dream

It's a shame Verhoeven left Hollywood after Hollow Man flopped. I'd watch some Verhoeven capekino.

>Have you not watched inception

It hasn't aged at all. It was great then, and still is now. Fuck you.

Hmmmm interesting I will have to rewatch, it's been a while, but that would kinda fuck up my theory. I genuinely thought the movie made more sense that way especially when it arrives at Mars and everything goes way over the top.

>Lipshits

thanks for the kek user

jej

>dude it was all a dream lmao

Shittest tier fan theory

Fuck is up with arnold in that pic?

Becaue your standards have dropped

>It was a dream
>Character X is really on a coma
>Another timeline/future vision

All shit.
I mean, future vision is ok on Final Destionation ONE.

Padding

>It's aged badly though
I hate it when people say this stupid fucking shit. The only thing that has actually aged about cinema in a way that makes it hard to watch is audio quality in movies before the 60's. Anything else is just stylistic time period attributes that you may or may not like for some shitty reason, not including shitty CGI, but Total Recall didn't have shitty CGI in it.

Verhoeven happened to be around at the time.

Sup Forums is the definition of special snowflake aka hipster, so he belong here not reddit

Underrated

You got it backwards broddit

>We're never explicitly told if it was all a dream or not
>this makes it 'smart'
Okay buddy