Would you rather have an elite safety or an elite corner?

Would you rather have an elite safety or an elite corner?

Has there been a shift in influence over the past decade from the safety position to the CB position, or are there just no safeties like Reed or Polumalu?

>Earl Thomas
>Eric Berry
But you're right, CBs are more popular nowadays. The best safeties in college often transition to corners in the NFL (e.g. Jalen Ramsey). What with the league becoming so much more about WRs and the passing game, teams have shifted their focus to guys who can have a more immediate impact on that facet of the game. A true #1 corner like Patrick Peterson or Ramsey is more useful than any safety except those on the generational level like Reed or Thomas.

Elite saftey will give both their cbs more flexibility.

It's a passing league. An elite, chain moving WR is an offense's most threatening weapon. The best way to neutralize him is a true lockdown corner. CB all day.

H-hi

>Alan Wats
pop therapy garbage

I'd rather have a cute qf who was loyale to me

Corners

safeties just don't influence the game that much as other positions and there's a much bigger drop off from good corners to bad corners than there is good safeties to bad safeties

>Safeties don't influence the game
Legion of boom because the legion of bitches every time ET3 doesn't play

+1

Good safeties allow the corners to take more risks on getting picks. Like wise good corners allow safeties to put 8 in the box.

corner by far

the saints have had decent safeties but we got killed on terrible corner play

The first year. The very FIRST year we get an elite corner in lattimore we are completely shutting down passing teams.

It's amazing

this girl seems a bit young...

It's okay. Look at Joseph and Mary.

That book is no light reading

An elite safety is more versatile than an elite corner desu
A good safety can shut down the deep passing game, can shut down the short passing game through shutting down a te, and can help shut down the run game.

it's hippie bullshit

A safety is far more versatile than a corner. This has been proven time and time again.

A #1 corner is and has always been more important than either safety position. The safety position has definitely become more important and more versatile in recent years though. Teams with good safety play generate more turnovers.

Eagles fan here, as someone that suffered through Sean Considine after a past his prime Dawkins, you're wrong

>Would you rather have an elite safety or an elite corner?

The experience of the 2015-2017 Chiefs would indicate that the loss of Eric Berry (S) this year was huge for the defense. They were fine without a shutdown corner before Marcus Peters was drafted but without Berry the passing defense has fallen apart.

It seems like the Safeties were giving a lot of help to the non-Peters side of the ball and now that EB is out for the year that guy is getting victimized.

this
it happened when my steelers played vs jacksonville, fucking ramsey was all over the place shutting down AB

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....
BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF
Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....
BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT
Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes…

anyone got the vocaroo?