HOw is a capeflick made in 2000 so much more kino than literally all the superhero crap made nowadays?

HOw is a capeflick made in 2000 so much more kino than literally all the superhero crap made nowadays?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Heart put into it and based Raimi

fuck off pol

Good director who knows how to find a middle between grimdark and quipfest

Less political correctness. I mean, if you were a white dude with a mask on so no one could ID you, and you were able to shoot web and get away from anyone with ease, wouldn't you go around calling every criminal in New York a nigger just like Tobey Maguire does?

Because you're a fucking nazi and deserve to be punched.

IMPRESSIVE

Because you were ten and nostalgia is powerful

There is hope my friend

Logan has potential to put a new stake on it. Deadpool is a little snarky but it would be put to the test after a decade. MCU meanwhile has more films looking to age badly just as DCEU continues to make bad films.

go web go

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug

>Don't tell Harry about the 6 million
>It was all a lie

Because capeshit has become more formulaic. It wasn't like that back in the day.

Because Snyder Can't direct all of them.

>Fix the damn door you shekel grubbing
>blood libel doing, child molesting piece of vermin
>KIKE!

Phew, couldn't get away wit that these days

Because it wasn't an annoyingly self-aware post-modern quipfest like current ones are. Even fucking Doctor Strange was doing it and the character is supposed to be at least somewhat serious. Movies don't have genuine heart anymore.

HOw is a capeflick made in 1999 so much more kino than literally all the superhero crap made nowadays?

>Perry telling Clark the black man is massuh now, chop-chop boy go shine my shoes
Well I guess?

What is this image trying to convey?

When Bruce is in the darkness and light represents his ascend to heroism.

As a kid, Bruce said that the bats carried him to the light. Which was the first spiritual awakening towards him becoming Batman.
The Bat signal is there because of after becoming Batman and how the city accepted him.
Superman in the light represents what will make him a hero again after losing his way.

CGI

This 'cinematic universe' shit ruins everything.

People think a connection to another movie, via a character making a cameo or a line of dialogue reference, makes something a good or better movie. And studios like Warner Bros. think that's what makes these kinds of movies successful, so when they just cram a bunch of that shit in their movies and it doesn't work, they're left scrambling.

Spider-Man 1 and 2 are great stories, as they were focused on the characters involved. In Spider-Man 2, especially, all of the major characters have goals and they all are at odds or interacting with each other.

The Dark Knight is the only movie since Spider-Man 2 that even comes close to being as good. How many Marvel movies come close? Iron Man would be a hell of a stretch, and that's probably their best one.

Over-saturation. Plus desensitisation. Imagine how fucking mind blowing seeing Deadpool would've been in 2000. I mean sure it's huge now but it would've been even huger back then and 10 year old me would've loved it a million times more. Maybe take a break from movies and come back to 'em and they'll be better. Like jerking off or whatever.

>BACK TO FORMULA he screams as he shoves the Zyklon-B canister into the jewish doctor's mouth
how did he even get funding?

FOR A TWINK FAGGOT

>the villain is some guy that survives literally getting gassed
fucking hell Rami didn't even try to hide it

The studio's suits minmaxing in movie making scene

>Maybe the Holocaust never happened, but the kikes will wish it did once they get a load of the Harrycaust!

Man, I know he was the bad guy but did Raimi take it too far?

No, the movie was objectively better than new capeshit.

>Dresses like a spider he looks kinda dumb
>but I'd love to see him filled with nigger cum
>look out (woo!) here comes the Spider-man!

How did Raimi get away with this?

>Uncle Ben: All the things you've been thinking about Peter, make me sad.
>Peter: Can’t you understand? I’m racially tolerant.
>Uncle Ben': Peter all the times we talked about white pride, cultural marxism, racial purity...all those times I counted on you to have the courage to take a stand against liberal brainwashing...
>Peter: I can’t live your dreams anymore. I want a life of my own.
>Uncle Ben: You’ve been given a gift, Peter. With white power comes great responsibility. Raise your hand to the Iron Eagle, son.
>Peter: No Uncle Ben. I’m just Peter Parker. I’m a White Supremacist no more. No more.

>And the Lord said, "Let there be light..."And voila! There is light. Forty soft, glowing watts of it.
>Good boy. Der Fuhrher will be thrilled. Just don't fall on your ass.
>I'm already on my ass, May. When the plant's senior electrician is laid off after 35 years in favor of a spic who will do the job for pennies on the dollar...what would you call it? I am on my ass. Affirmative action is downsizing the people...and upsizing the amount of spics and niggers stealing work from honest white men.
>Oh, Ben, you'll get another job somewhere.
>Why bother? So I can work for some nigger?

>"You know, Peter, with great power comes great responsibility. Rudyard Kipling called it "White Man's Burden." Myself, I just call it as I see it: the responsibility of the master to discipline the servant."
>Ben looks directly at the camera.
>"The niggers, the spics, the chinks...on The Day of the Rope they shall all swing from the elm. We will have all niggers dead or in chains in the next ten years, and if I'm wrong may God have me shot by a carjacker this very night. God bless the American Nazi Party."

Powerful, powerful stuff.

>Peter Parker: I'm responsible.
>May Parker: For what?
>Peter Parker: For what happened to Uncle Ben.
>May Parker: But, you were at the rally. You were inducting the Grand Dragon...
>Peter Parker: He drove me to the rally, but I never went in.
>May Parker: What do you mean?
>Peter Parker: I went someplace else, someplace where I thought I could learn about other cultures, to be tolerant of others, because I wanted to impress Mary Jane. It happened so fast... I won the respect of my peers, but they were liberal, then they said I was becoming more accepting... then a nigger was running towards me... I could have lynched him, but I wanted...social justice. I let him go, I let him get away. He wanted a crack pipe, probably, he tried to take Uncle Ben's wallet, one can only assume. Uncle Ben said no... and then he stood his ground. Uncle Ben's character was killed that night by the liberal media for being the only one who did the right thing. I held his hand when he died. I've tried to tell you so many times...
>[May gets up and leaves the table, leaving Peter to sit alone]

I heard this was inspired by dialogue between Raimi and his own mother.

>The stories aren't true? Who gives a fuck what you think, Parker? Let me give you a history lesson:
>De Nang, 1968. I was a cub reporter for the Stars and Stripes, and goddamn if I didn't have a dick hard for seeing some charbroiled gooks.
>problem was that we were in a so called "safe zone." So what I do, I snoop around a bit, find out the CO is a raging fucking hophead. I feed him some bullshit intel about the slope village up the hill being a VC trading post. Eager to keep the brass off his back, fucknuts calls a napalm strike right in the middle of a fucking Red Cross inoculation event.
>Kid, the next two hours earned me my pulitzer. I interviewed gook after babbling gook, liberal after crying liberal, and 40 years later I'm running the biggest fucking paper in Jew York City.
>The stories aren't true? Fuck you, you twinkletoed cocksucker, I'll MAKE them true!
>THIS FUCKING CITY DESERVED 9/11, GAS ALL THE KIKES NOW

>Ben looks directly at the camera.
Every time. Literally pure raw Kino

>Did Edison sleep before he turned on the light? Did Marconi sleep before he turned on the radio? Did Beethoven sleep before he wrote the 5th?

>Did Himmler sleep before he turned on the gas chambers?

>Ah Rosie, I love this boy!

jesus raimi

I have basically the entire script for this but does anyone have the one that's like

Ben: Peter, after all these years it's a white man who shoots me down
Peter: Uncle Ben...h-he looked Italian to me.
Ben: (with tears in his eyes) Oh Peter, Thank you!

>Raimi later admitted that roughly 50 hours of footage was filmed of Dafoe's performance as Norman Osborn, with barely 1% of this making the final cut.'We just had reels and reels of it,' the director said, 'I would say cut, but he would just keep going deeper and darker, bringing all of these ideas into it that weren't in the script. For example, a sub plot of Norman's father being an SS officer, or the idea that the Goblin transformation represented Nietzsche's Ubermensch. So after I while, I stopped saying 'cut'.' Other actors recalled Dafoe's usage of multiple props to aid his performance that he brought himself, presumably from his own home. 'He had this large green dildo he loved to wave about,' Tobey Maguire remembers, 'sometimes he would bring it out of nowhere and slap me across the face with it. During fight scenes when we were grappling on the ground he would tease it around my 'beautiful asshole', as he called it.' James Franco also recalled him having 'this large, antique bullwhip... we asked where he got it from, and he would only say that it was a family heirloom. Some prop guys on set said it must have been from at least the 1800s. ON a few occasions when I fucked up my lines, he would threaten me with it, telling me to give him an excuse 'to pay out like old Buck Dafoe did to the little negro boys'. Another actor from the film, who requested she remained private, said Dafoe always had a copy of the Quran lying around on set, and some PAs caught him 'pouring over it repeatedly' in his trailer.

Why can't there be movies actually made like this?

source?

>oh, you're sad because a girl at your tosche station doesn't like you back? Luke, when I was your age, I left jedi academy to bullseye droids from a LAAT in the middle of some god forsaken star system. Don't tell me you have it hard because you're a pathetic kissless virgin. You can act sad when you have to leave behind the wookie-boy you fell in love with and made passionate steamy love to in a collapsing wroshyr shack, just like I did. You think I felt good about firebombing his mutt village and watching our fuck-hut burn to the ground? We were going to build our lives together there, Luke! You know what? Fuck you. Get the fuck out of my speeder.
fucking hell lucas

Wish I knew, maybe Lana Rain? Not sure, maybe someone else here knows.

Lana Rain

no...no there is not you fuck.

>on The Day of the Rope they shall all swing from the elm
This is wrong.

D A R I N G S Y N T H E S I S

would you fuck off from every thread

In what sense?

Good quads, also there's nothing wrong with it

That's not how the original post goes. There is an ultimatum in there somewhere. Nice quads.

oh kek I remember this

Robertson was flying a private Beechcraft Baron over New York City on the morning of September 11, 2001. He was directly above the World Trade Center climbing through 7,500 feet when the first Boeing 767 struck. He was instructed by air traffic control to land immediately at the nearest airport after a nationwide order to ground all civilian and commercial aircraft following the attacks.[26]

>mfw when it's real

They were some of very few superhero films that actually feel like the director was putting his own spin on them, along with Burton's Batman films (and Nolan's, probably, at the opposite end of the spectrum). There are so many great little things in them that feel completely Raimi, like the hospital massacre in 2 or the final fight in 1, which was shockingly violent for a kid's superhero film. I can't imagine any other director pulling off the wrestling scene that well. The MCU has gone for consistency and it's meant less interesting diversity in tone.

You can't fuck off the truth.

>"I had to beat an old Nigger with a Whip to get these cranberries"

>final fight in spider-man
>bloody hand to hand combat in an abandoned building, being fought for personal reasons

>final fights now
>quickly! close the blue portal over the city!

Lana del Rain

Rewatching the fight, there was barely even music in it. It added so much to the tension and Kamen Goblin was truly menacing.

>MJ AND I ARE GONNA HAVE A HELL OF A TIME

nostalgia, internet memes and seeing it posted on this board every fucking day

That latter one's for Spider-Man 2 too.

>and if I'm wrong may God have me shot by a carjacker this very night

I remember there was a bit of controversy over the "Now that you've really pissed me off" line

Here's one without political

All those Uncle Ben monologues and THAT'S what caused controversy?

Even then it's rare to see a villain redeem and then sacrifice themselves in capeshit, Peter defeats Doc Ock by appealing to his good nature and talking him out of it

Watching the (((theatrical))) cut like a good goy

Spider Man 3 is the best one senpai

Picture applies to both.

amazing

Because Raimi. The personality of Spider-Man is way off but it doesn't matter, because the rest of the film more than makes up for the lighthearted goofiness. Modern capekino takes itself too seriously (DC obviously being the worst), Raimi knew how to make it feel like you were actually watching a comic book come to life.

Perfect Aunt May too.

>early 00's
>nobody takes capshit seriously
>Raimi makes Spiderman
>puts a lot of heart into it
>respect audience's intelligence
>rake in boatloads of cash

THIS. I can't think of another superhero movie where the hero stops the villain by just talking to him. That's fucking crazy.

>ASM comes
>No one is too hyped for it, some were even against it during production months
>It comes out
>mellow reception
>No one too hyped for ASM2 because they spoiled most of it on TV spots and trailers
>Cancelled almost immediately due to Sony's mishandling.

youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM

Modern capeshit fights are embarrassing. It's either Captain America bourne bullshit or bvs nonesense. Every camera movement in this fight is motivated, accentuating the action. And the villain's monologue is actually well-done, a balance between being meaningful and insane. I love all the Evil Dead-like moments in this fight, all the daring camerawork that is absent in recent capeshit. And all in 1.85:1? Fucking ballsy, Raimi.

The dust, the darkness and the sweat

Then the music comes up at 1:50 and it synergies so well with the comeback. Makes me wonder how Raimi would've done a final battle if he did The Dark Knight

It'd be way better than what we got. I can barely remember TDK's end fight. There was some dogs I think? And the Joker kicked Batman or something? I remember the dumb line about scars but that's it.

"I have a father, his name is Ben Parker."

Batman gets fucked by dogs and Joker locks him down near the edge. End game was him launching his bracer blades at his face and then catching Joker with the grapple gun, to which he doesn't suffer whiplash from.

GODSPEED SPIDER-MAN

>SIEG HEIL SPIDER-MAN
>oh
>AGGHHH
>Peter, Don't tell Harry...his mother was Irish!

I'm surprised Tobey never went full hollywood after SM3. He starred in a couple but never pushed himself to be in a lot of movies. Same with Kirsten Dunst.

>Avenge me.
>D-Dad!
>AVENGE ME

>NAAYY

I found it.
>The niggers, the spics, the chinks... it's our responsibility to civilize them. And if we can't? Then they shall dangle from the elm tree. The Day of the Rope is near, Pete. We'll have every nigger in this country dead or in chains in 10 years, and may God have me shot in a carjacking this very night if I'm wrong.

He started a production company that hasn't done too well. They made that Pawn Sacrifice film starring him and then that 5th Wave movie with refrigerator. I remember reading about he acts like a dick but the examples cited didn't seem bad, if anything he seems to have a good sense of humor that thin-skinned people in hollywood sperg out about.

HOw is a capeflick from 1978 so much more kino than literally all the superhero crap made nowadays

The 70's were wild, man. It was before people starting seeing films as investments rather than art/pure entertainment. In the 80's people began creating formulas to rake in cash with blockbusters and oscar bait. The daring free spirit of the 70's was buried.

Sucks for him. At least he's best friends with DiCaprio.

HOw is a found footage made in 1999 so much more kino than literally all the jumpscare crap made nowadays?

>HOw is a capeflick made in 2000 so much more kino than literally all the superhero crap made nowadays?
it really isn't that good

i rewatched it recently and barely anything happens, most of the time it's two characters talking in a room

70s allowed more creativity because the league of decency was dead by 1973.
Add the "blockbuster forumla" of Star Wars and we get the 1980s BlockbusterKino

The steam started to run out by the 90s and now we just get kids cartoons marketed for Chinese illiterates

The first to do something is often times the best because hollywood thinks copying what the first did is how to get the same success, when the first was successful because it was new.

Jesus Christ. Is someone going to compile all of these into a single script one day?

>actual drama in a film, IM OUT!

I'd say things were staying afloat until 1980. The failure of Heaven's Gate is when people stopped writing checks to filmmakers.

The hyper-consumerism of the 80's is what transformed the film industry into a shallow business, imo.