This movie was great! Thanks for another great recommendation, Sup Forums!

This movie was great! Thanks for another great recommendation, Sup Forums!

>lousy shilling

fuk you shil kuk

Yes, I'm shilling for a 2008 movie.

Well not that great, but it still gave me the creeps in some moments.
It was a very regular Korean flick. I still liked it though.

The Yellow Sea

>soon to be remade by the team that brought you 'x'
RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I believe to be as good as Memories of a Murder.

If you want something similar, watch The Vanishing (Spoorloos).

Not korean, but even more frightening in terms of it's execution, highly recommend it.

Funny I just watched it over the weekend too.
Man, them Korean directors dont pull any punches.

>>soon to be remade
>>GOOK CRAP

kys shil kuk

Well you're wrong about that, since MoM is kino whereas The Chaser is a genre flick at best.

It's a pretty damn good genre flick though.

me too tbqh

DiCaprio bought the rights to remake it but has been doing nothing with them for years.

I Saw the Devil is better

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll sure watch 'em this week.

Why the female cop let the killer enter the store and murder both clerk store and the prostitute? Wasn't she following him?

She was probably on facebook

Because she was incompetent like the rest of the police force. I actually googled korean police incompetence after this movie and there was a similar case not long ago where some woman got killed despite calling the police way before shit got out of hand

Whatever you do don't watch this shit. It becomes a shitty action flick in the second half and I nearly fell asleep.

*ayy shibah intensifies*

Its in your question. Because she is a woman.

I just want a detective film with Song Kang Ho and Choi Min Sik. It should've been Choi in Memories of Murder instead of that other fuck

Yes, I also watched "Nameless Gangster" and Korea seems very corrupt with an incompetent police force.

>that other fuck

The detective from Seoul? or the kicking man?

New World.

Mother is also great.

The Seoul detective. Those 2 guys are the best actors Korea has to offer in my opinion, yet they've only been in 1 film together back in the 90s I believe.

Park Chan-Wook directing. Choi and Song leads. Would be pretty good.

I feel that the Seoul detective was well cast. He was clearly smarter than the others, but not old enough or experienced enough to assert dominance. So he kinda just sits in the background doing his own thing. To me that doesn't suit Choi Min Sik that much, as he has a much more commanding presence.

Because she was following him, but didn't want to get his attention. So she waited outside. He didn't go in the store to kill, she knew that so she didn't follow him there. The only reason he killed the clerk and the prostitute was because of the coincidence that the prostitute was there. Then he escaped from the window which is broken open. He probably had noticed that someone was following him, but he up until that point he didn't care much to escape

>we should give police more power!
>police are incompetent!

what did the director mean by this

He spent a lot of time inside the shop and even closed the door before murdering the clerk. She was right behind him behind the post and didn't find it suspicious that this killer locked himself with someone inside?

I might be wrong, but from her angle she couldn't she the door or him closing it.

lol

your a fucking pleb
go watch oldboy

It was kinda lame though.

>30 minutes passes. He's taking quite long to leave this store. If he doesn't leave in 30 more minutes I'm going to wait more.

Everyone has seen Oldboy, as well as I Saw the Devil. Only reason I want more Choi Min-Sik.

Choi Min Sik is the most overrated korean actor and nowhere near Song Kang Ho's level.

Aren't you making assumptions here for how much time passed? She did get in eventually. I don't think they mention how much time she wasted before she got in.
Have you or anyone here seen The Age of Shadows? Seems pretty cool.

I look it up every few days but still can't find a dvd release date. Only ToBeAnnounced

this

thats my point
choi min sik and park chan wook get way too much attention becuase oldboy is the first south korean movie everyone sees

HDRip is out

The Man From Nowhere
I Saw The Devil
Memories of Murder

Those two were great too.

I liked this.