youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
youtube.com/watch?v=8kpHK4YIwY4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The jebis light swords pleb

Felicity

Much more attractive main character than The Force Awakens

cute if you're into animals

The right answer

the laser beam fights pew pew. darth vader. comitting to an ending that's not conventional.

BUN BUN

i.yuki.la/wsg/1482022417974.webm
this piece of pure, unadulterated kino

EDDIE REDMAYNE WITH BANGS

EDDIE REDMAYNE WITH

B A N G S
A
N
G
S

Not even that it ended, because it just made me wish it didn't exist at all.

Realizing the Empire were the good guys.

It dared to be slow.

It dared to expand the universe without retreading an older film.

It dared to let everyone die in the end instead of going the full disney route.

It's comfy as fuck.

There needs to be more star wars films without the central focus being the Jedi.

any good rips available yet?

>It's comfy as fuck.
wat.

isn't the golden rule about rips that they always appear like 3 months after the movie's premier

yeah bunny!

It was better than TFA. That's about it.

The Return of the Jedi battle at the end and darth vader. Other than that, I can't remember anything that great or any of the character names. The action itself was well done, but the film was void of feeling or interest until the final act. It's okay flick, but it will be pretty forgettable in the shadow of the sequel trilogy. I'm sure the Han Solo anthology will do better since it's a character we care to know about. you see, in prequel films you need to care about the story more than stand alone films because you already know where the story ends up in prequels. You really need characters and story you love to make the journey worth while. Overall, I'm against any of the star war story films being connected at all to the main saga. It takes away from the ambiguity of the trilogies.

Most of the main cast was more interesting than TFA's cast

RIP quipbot

The RLM reviews.

finally a tragedy Star Wars movie. Sure there are a lot of retarded parts but as a whole I would prefer somewhat "original" plots through stand-alone-movies over a basic shitty story arch with predictable narration.

It was better than the rehashed dogshit that was TFA. Everyone rates this high because they now realize they were fooled by TFA but can't admit that.

how did the whole TFA hate thing start anyway
did some reviewers start bashing it or did people finally wake up and realize it was just a rehash of ANH

Is clumsy and has pacing problems but had courage and novelty.
I hated TFA but I kinda enjoyed this one.
This coming from one that thinks that there are 2 and 1/2 good SW movies and we needed only those.

Basically fans who:
A) were mad about the EU change
B) were mad that said EU didn't become episode 7
C) were mad that it was less like the PT
D) were mad that it was too much like the OT
E) were mad that it had similar plot beats and therefore called it a carbon copy
F) were mad that everyone hated their childhood prequels so they decided to get back at everyone by hating the sequel
G) were mad about the diverse cast
H) were mad that the proganoist was a girl
I) were mad because they hate Disney for being a large corporation
J) were mad because they hate JJ abrams
K) all of the above

All united together and decide to hate the movie at once. They decided to read and write millennial articles, videos, and theories. The vocal hate on youtube and forums went crazy and people starting to join the group think. Basically, a bunch of manchild fans with high expectations are mad.

they did kind of go overboard with pandering to the dominant mindset of "PREQUELS BAD ORIGINALS GOOD", though

Scarif, playing battlefront and seeing it makes it by far the most beautiful planet ive seen

But regardless of whether you enjoyed the prequels or not, they were not done well from a film making perspective and so they did it like the originals which were.

i know but like I said, Disney kind of purely emphasized on listening to the crowd that was blasting the prequels without listening to the people that liked some of the stuff in the prequels
this meant EMOTIONAL LIGHTSABER FIGHTS (no choreography allowed apparently), cramming in as many references to the OT as they could, basically reincorporating all of the themes found in the OT, etc

Best space battle in SW. A whole shittone of EU references. Bunnyfu.

There is choreography though. They are going back to realism in fighting... not frivolous jumping, flipping, and spinning. People are tired of the ultra non-believable crouching tiger, hidden dragon crap. People like more realism in stage combat. Not more video games.

The ending scene with Vader.

The visuals
That last scene with Vader
Some of the action

That's it, pretty much.

It didn't try to be a Star Wars film - TFA tried and fucking failed.
Rogue One stands by itself as a good film - one I would love to watch again - it just happens to be set in the Star Wars universe.

TFA tried desperately to be a Star Wars epic and it just wasn't - was it an enjoyable movie? Sure, but did it feel like a Star Wars movie? No.
If someone told me I could never watch TFA ever again, I wouldn't care - I've watched it once and that was enough.

*shy bunny noises*

Hopefully next film we get to see "Fear and dead men".

>There is choreography though
right
go watch rey vs kylo and tell me all about the stunning """""""choreography""""""""
even if PT's choreography was a bit too extravagant at times, it still didn't mean they had to completely cut down on it and go back to the hold-stick-to-stick method of fighting a la OT

Oh come of it - they missed the tone entirely with TFA, it was bland and unoriginal - which is pretty fucking hard to pull off in a universe with the source material of fucking Star Wars.

>It dared to expand the universe without retreading an older film.

Barely. Mostly what it introduced got destroyed.

It also ruined the opening of ANH with Leia's ship being at the fight as her interaction with Vader stupid and pointless. She knows that he knows so there's no point to even bluff her way out by saying "We are on galactic mission of peace to Alderaan." And when Vader says he knows this ship received several transmissions that's stupid too as he already knows the plans are on this ship as he saw the guy with them get onto her ship. There was no transmission. The only one that got transmission his ship disabled at the battle. Leia should just now say "You'll never find them" when brought before Vader because they and the audience know the rebels had the plans on the ship. Originally the scene was to show how evil the Empire is. They would willingly attack a simple transport vessel with a senator on it because of circumstantial evidence they got some transmissions sent to them. And then when they can't find what they're looking for but "know" they're involved with the rebels and the theft of the plans, will torture and destroy a planet with people on it to get Leia to confess something to them whether it was the location of the plans or the rebel base. By having the Empire know they have the plans, it shows the they had justification in attacking Leia's ship because she had been part of a deliberate attack, committed an act of treason in aiding the rebels and that they have stolen property of theirs.

It's amazing how a such a simple thing as placing Leia's ship at the battle can fucked up so much.

>E) were mad that it had similar plot beats and therefore called it a carbon copy
>similar plot beats
>exact same progression
>exact same weapon to destroy

best part of the movie.

The chromatography is the best of all 7 films in my opinion. Not only from a stage fighting perspective, but from a HEMA perspective as well. They have good posture, good guards, they swing their lightsabers like there is actually some weight to them giving them real sword like mass. The choreography is more accurate and true to the original inspiration for Kendo. The chromatography works better with all historical context of sword fighting, whether eastern or western.

Force awakens cinematography is fucking shit tier mate

INDIE FILM CUTIE

>what was good about this film
SW movie focused on grunts not Jedis, grim ending, Vader.
Good enough for me - 7/10, seen it in cinema, will watch again when decent rip leaks.

please someone post that retarded fb post where a son took his dad to see the diverse cast of rouge one and his dad couldnt believe his eyes

i agree that making it so that lightsaber attacks have some weight behind them is something that would have been nice to have throughout all of the movies, though
>The choreography is more accurate and true to the original inspiration for Kendo
why the fuck would I want to see magic space wizards with laser swords mimic some nip sword-fighting style when I can just get that out of, you know, a fucking movie dedicated to fleshing something like that out
i sure as hell don't march into a star wars screening with the expectation of seeing a recreation of obi wan vs darth vader, at least not after RotS' choreography/the multitude of game trailers created thereafter (such as the SW:ToR ones)

Yup, murdering own R&D team seems like a great idea.

Choreography*****

i can't think of a more forgettable cast of characters in a big budget movie in a long time

>it dared to be slow

the promo trailer of Star Wars, the original, was something like "a story of a boy, and a girl, and a galaxy"; then the trilogy rushed things to a conclusion

>it dared to expand the universe

by the second movie, the universe got intensely small, and incestuous -- it wasn't two nobodies raging against a machine that spanned a galaxy -- it was a family struggle, and how could it be any more FUCKING boring -- we're back to the we wuz kangs bullshit

>without the central focus being the Jedi

im personally sick of the mystical magical bullshit of the jedi and their well planned catastrophies -- Rogue One was people from all over the galaxy struggling against this shit empire that crushes everything not in order out of existence -- it was the kind of people that Luke was, originally, and i also want to see them return to something more gritty and realistic within the sci-fi framework, and less of this "watch my magic user skills" jedi bullshit

Because Kendo was Lucas' inspiration ( I don't even like nip shit, I prefer western)

Because gritty, realistic fighting and realism is coming back to stage fighting and is popular right now.

Because Star wars, being a homage to classic cinema, had classic sword fighting like the classic movies.

Because most adults don't care for the prequel fighting and video game fantasy shit.

Because the prequel fighting was aboslute trash.
youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

i want her buck teeth to clamp tightly onto one of my nipples

Set pieces and CGI effects except for Tarkin and Leia.

>Because gritty, realistic fighting and realism is coming back to stage fighting and is popular right now.
it never left, it's always been present in other movies that aren't star wars
>Because Star wars, being a homage to classic cinema, had classic sword fighting like the classic movies.
which as a result was fucking boring
youtube.com/watch?v=8kpHK4YIwY4
try watching this without falling asleep-- the dialogue between james earl jones and alec guinness barely saves it
>Because most adults don't care for the prequel fighting and video game fantasy shit.
i wonder how that is when most of the lightsaber fights from the prequels (before they were removed by Disney and re-uploaded, that is) had mountains upon mountains more views than that of the original trilogy's, with the audience who enjoyed watching those fights being adults today
>Because the prequel fighting was aboslute trash.
>proceeds to link the most entertaining and grandiose fight of the entire PT
you could have at least linked a genuinely bad fight like anakin vs dooku

the good
>gritty war film vibe
>Plot not focused on Skywalker storyline
>expansion of the universe in interesting ways
>space battle on par with ROTJ
>Krennic
>visually stunning in parts
>not a re-hash
>Vader slaughter scene
>compliments A New Hope
>rebellion not portrayed as out and out good guys, adds depth to the war not seen before
>K2-SO dry humor
>ballsy ending

the bad
>Saw Guerra portrayal very stilted and forgettable, dies for no real reason
>besides Krennic or K2-SO most the other characters while likeable are not nearly as memorable as say Han, Luke, Vader, Rey, Boba etc

Obi-Wan vs Vader duel was better in every way.Go play your video games faggot, you don't know what you're talking about. Majority of people watching those videos are underage faggots on youtube. The video shows how bad your phantom menace fight is.

>obi wan vs anakin fight would be nearing 30m views with darth maul vs obi wan and qui gon would be following suit
>even the most lambasted scene in the entirety of RotS with Darth Vader going "nooooo" is nearing 26m views
while I can't convince you that having a little bit of splendor in your choreography in a universe fucking dedicated to magical space monks using laser swords is a good thing, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that people enjoyed a lot of the fights (and aspects incorporated into the fighting) in the prequels far more than those in the original trilogy, especially taking into consideration the general reception of the lightsaber fights in TFA and how they essentially regressed

>obi wan vs anakin fight would be nearing 30m views with darth maul vs obi wan and qui gon would be following suit
this is accounting for the fact that they were copyright-removed a couple of years back, I forgot to mention

>I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that people enjoyed a lot of the fights (and aspects incorporated into the fighting) in the prequels far more than those in the original trilogy

No you can't

Youtube video views is not an argument for anything. Not everyone watches youtube for movie clips. Youtube is young. OT has been played on home video for 30 years.

>gritty

kek