What was the last film to make you cry or nearly make you cry? Feel free to list them off if you wish

What was the last film to make you cry or nearly make you cry? Feel free to list them off if you wish.

And an alternative question: has a film ever made you cry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D2NvoYKf7S0
youtube.com/watch?v=ImJ9i0TC_Jg
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5SHl7QVN_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Philadelphia

I think Dear Zachary is the only film to make me break out in sobs. It's a heartbreaking film, but on top of that, I was feeling immensely sick at the time which usually makes me feel more sentimental about things.

Ikiru usually trips me up too. When that old man sings in the bar and then later sings in the playground he had organised the building of without receiving any of the credit, that's usually when the film gets to me.

Parasite Eve. Its a drama sci fi horror romance. Most people only know the game, both were based on a japanese nobel.
The ending made me cry a lot.I recomend the movie.

Crying over a film? How long have yuo been transitioning?

> finds it difficult to empathize with the struggle of others

No offence dude all due respect my main man but that movie is fucking dreadful holy shit what the fuck

Pugs are a dog breed that shouldn't exist. They're an abomination, unfit to be called dogs, and too defective live on any further. They should be culled.

Theyre adorable though

This. If anything makes me cry it's the retarded humans who breed inherently unhealthy dogs forced to live a life of suffering and insane health defects purely because they think they look cute.

True story:

When I was a kid my neighbor had a pug who tripped going down a flight of stars, and smashed its face on the bottom step. Both of its eyes popped out of its skull because pug's eyesockets are literally too small to properly contain their eyes and they couldn't afford the surgery to remove the damaged eyes so they had to put it down.

still better than cats tho

youtube.com/watch?v=D2NvoYKf7S0
Most of the theater was crying too.

> Dear Zachary

Can't even watch this film with others, it fucking ruined my day.

this

But i don't think i cried because of it, i cried to it. It got me thinking about a lot of stuff going on in my life and i broke down a couple of times while watching it.

Recently:

Cried during "Up"
Almost cried during "Moana"
Cried at the end of "Eddie the Eagle"

The last 20 minutes of Wall-E the other day
I tried my best but fucking Pixar just gets me there

fuck you im on so much anti-depressants i dont feel anything

Hacksaw Ridge, wasn't even that sad, just tears of joy when they realised he wasn't a coward.

Lord of the Rings

Synecdoche New York
Dear Zachary
The Straight Story
Elephant Man

The downfall
So many feels for the fuhrer

Her.

>those autustism feels

I started watching Spiderman the other day on the television.

When it got to the part where Uncle Ben dies I teared up a bit.

Also pic related worked at me a little

My man.

I know where you are.

Try this on for size and maybe you might feel a feel, I certainly did as it pierced through the many layers of anti-depressants like a sniper's bullet.

Your Name and The Anchorman.

The Anchorman because crying of laughing tho

Good choice, user, completely forgot about this. I haven't seen this yet without crying at the ending.

Yeah, I can get that.

Synechdoche packs some real power behind it. One of my favourite films no doubt. Nice choice.

Manchester by the Sea obviously.

soft cunts

I feel like that film would have been a lot better with a less recognisable AI voice.

no argument

Must have been years, maybe as far back as the early 2000's. That's not because I'm such a super macho or turbo autist, but because that's not really the kind of movie I seek out to watch.

Not that user but:

> that one long shot of the two children going through the years in school
> that scene of the children running in the snow with their mother as they change into their true form
> adorable moments of the children as baby pups

Love that film.

soft? i could fuck your father and not give a shit

That animation by the japanese dude with Muse playing. Fucking heartbreaking.

Also the advert with the deaf korean guy and his daughter.

Films don't really get me.

Jesus Christ user, you just HAD to remind me. Cried first time I watched it and then cried again when I showed it to my girlfriend

>tfw never cried in a film or book, not even when I was a toddler
>tfw yearn for emotional release but can never reach it

if you only knew...

>Samantha Morton was originally the voice of Samantha. She was present on the set with Joaquin Phoenix every day. After the filming wrapped and Spike Jonze started editing the movie, he felt like something was not right. With Morton's blessing, he decided to recast the role and Scarlett Johansson was brought and replaced Morton, re-recording all the dialogue.

Meanwhile I was just here contemplating suicide during the garbage bag scene.

Eddie the Eagle is criminally underrated. Such a fucking good film.

eyes got a little moist on that one.
which is weird because I thought it was a dumb premise, and the movie was pretty much what one would expect based on the description.

That ending.

The movie is horrifyingly sad tho.

>literally gives up her whole life for her kids
>her son runs off inspite of her feeling like an abject failure in front of him, begging that she be told what she did wrong
>daughter abandons her to go live at a private school and talks about her mother in the third person, as if she wasn't really all that important

Killed me, absolutely killed me. And all she was fucking left with was a dream and a dead guys license.

Not the guy you're responding to, but agreed. Wouldn't say it was cry-worthy or anything but man it is so much fun.

>I love you son

When Dumbo goes to see his locked up mother and cries while she sings to him.

Welling up just thinking about it.

John Wick kek.

When John wakes up and the puppy has dragged a blood trail to check on him before she died beside him.

I teared up a little then and in opening credits for JW2 thinking about it.

I have 12 week old pup myself I'm blaming that.

It's not really the story that makes me cry. But it's the combination of the art and soundtrack that gets me all teary eyed

The premise did almost lose me, but man, when they punch you in the stomach with the death scene it utterly staggered my ass.

Whats the film called my man? Seems to be getting a lot of love.

I have the same reaction with Spirited Away.

The scene isnt sad or anything, but it's a culmination of buildup of scenes and emotions that gets a climax in that scene. I just cry because it's so damn beautiful.

>the bit at the end at the airport where Eddie's dad reveals his "I'm Eddie's Dad" shirt

That fucked me up a bit. First time I've ever cried tears of joy at a film

The Wolf Children.

Brace yourself though, it is going to be a little weird in the beginning but remember that Animism was a big thing in Japan and still kinda is, so it's Japanese forest spirit stuff.

>"We've lost yet again."
>mournful rendition of theme plays as camera pans up to the graves

Is this the thread about dogge kino?

Little Man Tate.

Not a film, and I know it's getting memed to death, but the last few episodes of The Young Pope absolutely destroyed me

This whole fucking film
>Ride of the Rohirrim
>Here at the end of all things
>You bow to no man.
>The Fellowship Reunited
>The Grey Havens

The last 45 minutes is just a cryathon

i teared up while watching a 'Little House on thr Praire' episode.

It was the episode in which the wife wanted some fine crockery but the husband couldn't afford it. So he lied to her about his job and went to work on the house of a woman for her crockey. the wife though he was cheating on her and when she wanted to talk to him about the "cheating", he surprised her with thr fine crockery he worked for. she cried, i cried.
I just want a beautiful family like that one.

Top comfy show, great characters and a lot of family values lessons.

This one got me hard.

YOU JUST TOOK ONE HELL OF A HIT!

Right in the feels. You had to me remind me of that one, didnt you?

field of dreams

Rogue One

My man, that film is so tragic. I knew very little about Seven Samurai before watching it other than what took me so long to see it since i love Kurosawa. I expected rather naively to have my heart warmed when the samurai saved the village, but it's not. It's almost like the village just couldn't give two shits for all their efforts. Makes you realise how unappreciated some people are.

Haven't been online much while this was airing. Why is it being memed? I thought it was great.

All dogs are better than cats

Agreed. I had a friend that went through three pugs in less than a decade, not because he was an awful owner, but because the pugs suffered from numerous genetic defects and health problems due to breeding and either died early or had to be put down. I honestly don't know why pugs are still being legally bred, it's just a walking disaster heading towards a early grave.

Snowtown fucked me up real good, but didn't make me cry.

I just mean I'm "on the bandwagon" at this point, there have already been many discussions here about how strong those last episodes were

That miracle scene had an especially weird effect on me though - my first reaction was to think it was kind of corny, so I started laughing a little bit, but instead of laughing, tears just came out instead. Caught me completely off guard

Wait I thought they dumped it next to him like that

you idiot

This tbdesu, because he died so young

>I can't beat it.

Lord of the Rings
It's A Wonderful Life

>ending of hacksaw ridge with the real people interviews
I will never have a movie experience as perfect as that. I purposefully avoided every single trailer because I wanted nothing spoiled. I knew nothing about the movie going in besides Mel Gibson, Andrew, and WWII. We were a few minutes late and missed the "based on a true story" at the beginning so when that washed over me that Desmond Doss was a real human bean and probably the bravest person of all time I got so choked up and emotional. God bless that dude so much. The part where he tells how he washed the blood off the dudes eyes and he said "I thought I was blind" and Doss says something along the lines of "if all I took home from the war was that boys smile then I was rewarded well" made me so happy and sad at the same time. Doss is such a hero and I feel so sorry for anyone who can't see that.
The scene in the movie where he's lowering the dudes and his hands are raw, bloody, and shaking uncontrollably and he keeps saying "please Lord... just one more" gets me teary eyed just writing.

Oh shit that moment made me cry too.
>Time to die

Last time I cried was when the Kansas City Royals lost game 7 of the world series. I don't cry at movies because i'm not a pussy

Manchester by the sea is the most recent.

Not a film but the tv show Rectify. Whenever they showed flashbacks of Daniel's friendship with Kerwin on death row I filled up with man tears

> being so autistic that you can't express empathy for another's misfortune

but user crying makes you weak and an emotional piece of beta shit

Even Achilles cried.
so sad

The Legend of 1900
Fitzcarraldo
The Wrestler
And probably 100x movies like that

The Plague Dogs

And as a dogposter, it will probably work on you too.

Feel bad shows are the apex.
Louie, Bojack Horseman, Better Call Saul, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=ImJ9i0TC_Jg

As this board's dedicated 127 hours poster this is my answer.

When the helicopter shows up and the music swells I cry every time.

Agreed, user. Plague Dogs has me bawling every time. Watership Down's outlook on death is powerful too, albeit more comforting.

Manchester by the sea got me teary eyed

Up. Fucking opening montage.

I had that effect too when seeing real people talk. Happened too with Band of Brothers and Sully.

>What about me?
>What about you?

shes standing there with another mans child to add peppered salt to the wound... fug this world is cruel even in fiction.

A real man cries, fedora tipping fags don't

Movies that have made me cry:
>Forrest Gump (the scene were he meet's his son for the first time)
>Gladiator (dat ending)
>Saving Private Ryan (Earn this.)
>Braveheart (FREEDOM!)
>Nanking (The scene were a real rape of Nanking survivor talks about his mother getting killed by the Japanese)
>Stepmom (If you are a mamma's boy this film will fucking kill you.)
>Stalingrad (the ending)
>Tae Guk Gi (this fucking scene kills me every fucking time.)

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5SHl7QVN_8

Last film to make me cry. Train to Busan.

Sully