All ships in Pirates of the Caribbean has special abilities

All ships in Pirates of the Caribbean has special abilities..

Davy Jones can travel under water, has the triple guns and can summon the kraken

Blackbeards can be controlled down to every part of it with the magic sword, and has flamethrowers at the bow

Javier Bardems ship can rear up and "chop" other ships with its bow

But what can the black Pearl do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6USZPokwEME
youtube.com/watch?v=io2WxewZtwA
youtube.com/watch?v=LEfuZj8TjSE
youtube.com/watch?v=p9C6DxagIcI
xbox.com/en-US/games/sea-of-thieves
youtube.com/watch?v=iRja4HUsRu0
youtube.com/watch?v=0J7Q-9zGnPI
youtube.com/watch?v=6TUXbS5meZw
youtube.com/watch?v=Cnh-f2_eU3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Plot armor

it's slightly faster than normal ships

Pearl couldn't be outrun or something.

Isn't it the fastest in existence and can't be sunk or something?

Pearl is faster than any other ship so it can run away
It's literally Jack Sparrow: The ship

fastest ship, unbreakable.

Yeah, Pearl is the fastest ship with a good wind. Only the Dutchman comes close as it can actually gain speed with a bad wind going against it.

It's a big ship
youtube.com/watch?v=6USZPokwEME

>cant be suck
But then why did the kraken bother?

>DFW we will never get a Black Flag style PotC game with all the assasin creed shit cut out so its just you managing a ship and going out to sea to battle legendary ships, or just do general pirate shit while your crew sings sea shanties

How about the literal Pirates of the Caribbean game from 2003
youtube.com/watch?v=io2WxewZtwA

It took it to the locker / the spirit world / hell/ death...what ever , it didnt sink it.

We almost had a Pirates action RPG called Armada of the Damned but it got cancelled because Disney was fucking retarded when it came to vidya development.

youtube.com/watch?v=LEfuZj8TjSE

youtube.com/watch?v=p9C6DxagIcI

Queen Anne's revenge > Black pearl > Flying Dutchman

She's fast!

This is more strategic (controls wise) the great thing about blackflag´s ship combat was that you didnt control the whole ship, you steered it and called out orders but could just as well climb up your sails , jump to the other ship while your crew kept attacking, kill the captain and take control of that ship.

this was way closer, specially with the supernatural elements it has...but yeah, disney and videogames dont mix well at all, they even fuck over games that are making them money.

And yet none of these ships can stand up to Her Majesty's finest, whose special ability is raining down a storm of iron on you.

> HMS anything being relevant in this seriea

S-she'll probably appear in the next movie when everyone has already lost interest after Jack's extended trip down memory lane.

In a world with out the mouse, we might have been pirates!

Endevour was pretty much like that and it got shredded, senpai

This game was the shit back in the day. You could explore caves and fight skellies, etc.

Anyone else play Sid Meier's Pirates? That shit was fucking good

What about the Dauntless and Interceptor? They were pretty relevant to the first film.

It had such a good preamble to all the zombie pirate shit. You had your flashback, then a bunch of comfy scenes before the Pearl sailed into town. Jack bantering with the guards about ships was great.

Endeavour wasn't the ship of anybody important.

There is one pirate game that looks promising.

xbox.com/en-US/games/sea-of-thieves

its a kraken they dont have brains you moran

>Xbone exclusive
>win10 store exclusive

noooope, yeah looks fun but fuck that.

pearl is fast and housed the living dead for sometime and gained a horror story reputation amongst non pirates.

>mmo
it's shit by default, there is no way around it

>LET NO JOYFUL VOICE BE HEARD
>LET NO MAN LOOK UP AT THE SKY WITH HOPE
>AND LET THIS DAY BE CURSED BY WE WHO READY TO WAKE...
>THE KRAKEN ! ! !

Fuck, I'm not even a fan, but this scene always sends shivers down my spine, the music/visuals combo is orgasmic. Davy Jones is the best blockbuster villain of the century. Prove me wrong.

>the black pearl is black because it was originally the wicked wench (from the park ride) that got burned and sunk but was brought back by davy jones after making a deal with jack

No shit, I just though it was a cool black ship.

Davy´s whole arc was pretty cool, and had some great momments.
also he did nothing wrong, fuck Calypso and her
>im the sea, ever shifting and changing
bullshit, bitch you had a deal with the guy and you fucked him over, you have no right to be pissed with he sells you out.

I would have to agree. Plus the CGI is amazing, just look at this shit

>fall in love with something unpredictable because its unpredictable

>get angry when it isn't predictable

>not HEARD-AH
>not KRAKEN-AH
wasted opportunity

His thick accent is amazing
>Do ye fear Death-ah?

Oh no thats dumb on his part as well, but she some how feels heartbroken when they tell her that the one who sold her out was Davy Jones, like some how it surprised and shocked her that the guy would come back after 10 years thinking he was finally going to get some of that salty pussy only to find a note going
>lol i changed my mind
would not turn around and go
>yeah well, fuck you too.

Is Pirates of the Caribbean a good series?

The man has an amazing voice, and can be threatening even in comedy roles like in Shaun of the dead, or hotfuzz.

>You got killer in your eyes, son? I don't see it...

That game had a dope soundtrack.

I have the soundtrack on my pc

the kraken and davy jones themes are dank as fuck

74 cannons were the shit.

The HMS Victory was way to big and slow.

Brits couldn't craft good ships so they learn to steal the French one.

If you guys wanna explore vast skies instead of oceans , have epic pirate ship fights and meet anime qts this is the game 4 u.

Rango worth watching?

So, Sid Meier's Pirates?

That's love

Yes

Definitively, looks amazing and has the fun atmosphere of the first PotC movies

Yes.

what game genre is this?
inb4 animu

>But what can the black Pearl do?

Black Pearl dindu nuffin.

Turn based JRPG.

I remember liking the first movie a lot but I never got around to watching the others. Are any of those worth checking out?

This game was SO fucking good

1 is a fun adventure romp.
2 is the best in the series, keeps a lot of the romp, while adding more "epic" moments and some lore to the series.
3 is a generic blockbuster with no real heart, no adventure anymore, only epic set pieces, it's basically Avengers with pirates.
4 everyone hates but I thought it was pretty fun, better than 3 at any rate.

In PotC you have the option of boarding enemy ships and fighting sword-to-sword so you can capture the ship rather than sinking it, the video doesn't show it. Similarly you have a choice between the floating cam outside the ship, like in the video, or a first=person perspective as yourself running around your ship giving orders.

>But what can the black Pearl do?
go sanic fast

be spooky

comes back no matter how often it's sunk

>2 is the best in the series
This user is completely wrong. The first one is the best. A near perfect standalone film. The rest of them suffer from trying to turn them into some epic fantasy series and making Jack the center of everything.

Did you know that's it's not even a "proper" POTC game?

It's just a re-skinned Russian game originally called Sea Dogs 2.

>Style:
Queen Anne's Revenge> Black Pearl> Flying Dutchman

>capabilities
Flying Dutchman> Queen Anne's Revenge> Black Pearl

>theme music
Flying Dutchman> Black Pearl> Queen Anne's Revenge

>Captained by Captain Jack Sparrow
Black Pearl>>>>>>>>>>>All others

I can understand that line of criticism. But I think they still managed to keep the sense of adventure that made the first game so fun, while adding new elements on top of it.

It sort of has everything the first movie does but more.

Based Bill Nighy can really chew the scenery but I think he has less versatility than Captain Swearingen.

The East India Trading Company did nothing wrong. Enslaving the supernatural for man's own gain is the only way forward. They were doing what Jones did, just for reasons other than spite.

It's just good business.

The Kraken couldn't even destroy it. It had to be dragged down with Sparrow to Davy Jone's Locker.

Rattlesnake Jake by itself makes the movie worth watching. Shitty plot but everything else is perfect.

>3 is a generic blockbuster with no real heart, no adventure anymore, only epic set pieces, it's basically Avengers with pirates.
It's still worth a watch and decent fun, but it's a flick and not KINO.

>4 everyone hates
They do? It's fantastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=iRja4HUsRu0
So good.

The entire series really struck gold when it comes to the baddies.

Man I bet Davy Jones ended up feeling really stupid or making an immortal ghost ship and giving it to someone else.

Fuck you Sup Forums. Now I gotta re-watch it again.

The first is the best. The second was great. The third was literal fucking dog shit. The fourth was my favorite because of the Mermaids, Barbosa, and the Spanish.

>"We need all the captains standing on a small spit of land to talk to eachother"
>"but, Jones isn't allowed to set foot on land"

Fuck yes it is. One of the most underrated western animated films this century.

His ship is stronger and just as durable, the pearl is just faster.
also with the curse, its not like jack could actually run away unless he stayed in land.

I still listen to the rendition of Darling Sailor Bold by the Mermaids.

>because of the Mermaids
Was it Kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=0J7Q-9zGnPI

Am I the only one who was severely disappointed that PotC brought in magic and supernatural fantasy crap?

I was hoping for just the standard Pirate hi jinx adventure with comedy mixed in (like the Disneyland ride depicted).

The film fails because it's basically "The Mummy" series on boats.

Pic related (Cutthroat Island) did that... though it flopped, I enjoyed it more than any of the PoTC films... with better writing it would have been solid.

Genius desu

>The film fails because it's basically "The Mummy" series on boats.

Now I know why I love it so much.

>based stephen graham

I came buckets when the first mermaid got jacked in the face by an oar.

>degenerate has a peep hole to spy on his friend getting dressed

vyse is /ourguy/

at least we have a pirate show for adults too, not this disney shit fairy tale

Shame it's so shit. Not even worth watching for the nudity.

>game

>tfw no real pirate movie with all that gangrene and diseases and raping that actually happened

>mfw I just realized they patched all the spooky holes in the sails after pirates 1

>There are people that prefer 3 over 4

Why? 3 is just a mess, they travel across the literal world like it's nothing, asian pandering, Davy Jones is reduced to a whiny bitch and the kraken is killed for no good reason

Meanwhile 4 feels alot more like the first movies, has Cruz preggo tits, based spaniards, ALOT of good bantz between Jack and Barbossa and is a blast

Oh dead. Was still stuck in the same thoughts as when I wrote

Not to mention based Al fucking Swearengen.

If Davy Jones resurrected and and joined the cast it would have been the greatest collection of villains ever put on film.

>Gentlemen.
>I be placed in bewilderment. There I were in my cabin...resting, and upon a sudden I hear an ungodly row up on deck...
>Sailors...abandoning their posts...without orders, without leave.
>Men before the mast, taking the ship for themselves...
>What be that, first mate?

>Mutiny.

>Again?

>Mutiny!

>Aye...mutiny. And what fate befalls mutineers? Now we know the answer to that, don't we.
>Mutineers HANG!

>spanish

The spanish theme music was fucking incredible.

youtube.com/watch?v=6TUXbS5meZw

"ONLY GOD CAN GRANT ETERNAL LIFE. NOT THESE PAGAN WATERS. MEN, DESTROY THIS PROFANE TEMPLE"

About time someone acted against the degeneracy this film series has been hustling.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Cnh-f2_eU3g

"Someone make a note of that man's bravery."

I'll be honest, for the life of me I can't keep straight the motivations of all of the various Royal Navy commanders, East Indies Company officials, miscellaneous spoopy ghost pirates, and the 5 different factions of "good guys"

PotC is 2deep4me

>Barbossa going back to being a pirate again at the end of 4 after he gets his revenge on Blackbeard is a big deal

>in the trailer for 5 he's decked out in Admiral gear again

Blackbeard was an admiral and dressed in an admiral's coat.

>tfw no mermaid gf

I don't get this

I remember it getting blown to shit a bunch of times, but I don't remember any moment where they overtly stated or depicted it having some ability to never be sunk, or to be sunk and come back

And where did it get this power?

Still holds up where the Hobbit looks like a fucking cartoon.

the pearl outruns every ship it comes across

it's not a special power (though it may be exceedingly lucky because it's with Jack) but it's a smaller ship than the beasts like the the Dutchman and the galleons from East India