Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jRkqlpZeGq8
strawpoll.me/12380614
twitter.com/DWPageOFFICIAL/status/833730621797257216
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not posting the cube version

Say goodbye.

youtu.be/jRkqlpZeGq8

Why did I buy this? Completely fallen apart.

best version coming through

Say hello.

To Gareth.

>series 9 is best series
>series 9 is great series
With respect, this meme seriously needs to stop. If Capaldi didnt exist this series would be "show-cancelling" tier.

vote!
strawpoll.me/12380614
strawpoll.me/12380614
strawpoll.me/12380614
strawpoll.me/12380614

>best version
>not this

I like this one. Wish they released it again with 1-9 just without the horrendous bluray upscales.

/who/ is always retarded about the most recent series. pic related

>series 8 are higher than series 1
>series 3 is in bottom 4

Just no.

>Mummy is the 6th best episode of all time
lol

I could say something lewd here but I'm not gonna.

People were so desperate for a good episode in Capaldi's run than they forced actually the only good one to the pantheon of the GOATs.

>series 9 is worst series
>series 9 is bad series
With respect, this meme seriously needs to stop. If Tennant was in it you'd be licking its balls.

Listen was better though.

Series 9 isn't worst. Series 7 exists, Series 6b exists.
And I believe Capaldi is a better actor than Tennant.

>this series would be "show-cancelling" tier.
gr8 b8

>the complete first series
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>that cheeky glint in her eyes.
>you just know

my favourite episode isn't in the top 10 and my second favourite isn't in the top 20 wtf

whats your favorite?

>Eruditorum Press is shitposting general
>Vox Day's PR firm burned down the server
>Doctor Who is on indefinite hiatus
>Peter Capaldi to be replaced by another straight cis white man
>Phil Sandifer photographed exchanging money with Michael Grade
>James Murphy's on-podcast breakdown jeopardizing production
>Pex Lives studios have been empty for months
>BBC Books no longer accepting submissions
>Sandifer confirmed that Titan Comics "wasn't interested" in his pitch for a Susan Foreman comic
>Jane Campbell has been in the hospital for two months, no contact with the media
>Josh Marsfelder currently under investigation following Garfield overanalysis
>Kit Power cut from the guest post roster
>Mark Gatiss and Eliezer Yudkowsky have "exciting announcement" for November
>Sandifer and Jill Buratto currently undergoing "trial separation"
>Jack Graham 14-minute Marxist tirade recorded in a Tescos checkout line
>Rumors swirling about Josh Marsfelder's "transition"
>Steven Moffat retirement announcement imminent
>Kevin Burns silently suffering from cancer of the larynx
>Anna Wiggins "hasn't come out of the basement in months" according to family members
>"TARDIS Eruditorum was a mistake. It's nothing but trash," says Sandifer on a Christmas Shabcast
>Holly Boson plagiarism accusations made by Chameleon Circuit
>Gareth Roberts recently hired by BBC to "political adviser" position
>Shana Wolstein has "critical sexual health announcement" to make
>Urn containing John Hurt's ashes has gone missing
>Daniel Harper releases 15 minute video about women's rights
>Jack Graham signs non-compete with Labour Party, will not write for Eruditorum Press for 5 years
>Larry Miles admitted for three-day "psychiatric observation" after being detained outside Phil Sandifer's home with "a motley collection of bone implements"
>Ex-wife tell-all in the works, "Phil Sandifer qlippothed and used me!"
>Peter Harness suffering from late-stage thorax cancer

It's over, Eruditorum Press, we're finished.

A simple "bump" would have sufficed.

>>Sandifer confirmed that Titan Comics "wasn't interested" in his pitch for a Susan Foreman comic
This one is actually true kek

Maybe we'll get to hear the S9 soundtrack someday... just maybe...

>/who/ is kill
>Eruditorum Press is kill
Hold me bros

Beeb is winding down the merch and marketing for Doctor Who. It wont last more than a couple more series. The 50th fucked them over hardcore.

>the 50th

I think you mean the 8th anniversary special.

How much longer can it be?

twitter.com/DWPageOFFICIAL/status/833730621797257216

Literally the WORST name for a villain ever. Worse than 'spoonhead'.

Why didn't they just call them the motobots, or the motodroids?

It's not bad in my opinion.

>It's real

REMINDING YOU EVERY THREAD

It's a good name, fuck off.

THE ERA OF MOMMY WHO

I mean, it literally describes what they are. But in general I feel like it's a year too late to parody/horror-ify emoji anyway.

Look at them. Take a deep, long look.

Probably one of the last time you'll ever see them ;_;

>year too late to parody/horror-ify emoji
what?

literally crying rn
bring back moffat

I just want to fuck Eva Green for 24/7, is that too much to ask? Just tell me.

She wants you to use your screwingdriver in her datacore

I always assumed the picture of the emojibot with an emoji face was shooped, is that real as well?

Absolutely kekkery.

no its obviously shopped
pretty good one though i'll admit

JUST

>tfw you have a GOAT series about to air and you know everyone is going to miss you when you leave and the show is going to get cancelled because chibnall is a lazy fuck who can't do his job and bbc will beg you to come back and save the show but you tell them to fuck off and deal with it yourselves while you work on your next tintin film

Christel from the Fan Show ate me out in a nightclub in Cardiff two weeks ago

Ask me anything

Lies unless you're a woman.

How does a man get eaten out?

His ass.

Obviously not.

It was.

So did the War Doctor actually....fight? You know, like blow shit up and destroy Daleks? I remember it being said a long time ago that the Doctor led the Time Lords into battle, but then in Heaven Sent they say he was always unarmed.

Any details?

my headcanon for as much as it matters is that the young War Doctor, or "Warrior", did fight in the war rather viciously. All the horrible things he does, leading people into battle, the oncoming storm etc. but hardened as the war kept going and going and going.

The War Doctor we see in the 50th seems very weary. I doubt he was like that the entire time.

Seems like that got retconned.

He doesn't even fight in the Big Finish audios.

you can fight without weapons
that makes him scarier imo
the fact that he didn't need to use them means he probably had even worse ways of doing things.

but what the fuck would that even be

He would just frown at a Dalek and they would die of fright

>I remember it being said a long time ago that the Doctor led the Time Lords into battle,

It was also said that the end of the Time War was incomphrensible and the Time Lords had become just as warlike and horrific as the Daleks. Yet in the 50th we see them pew pewing at eachother and lots of time lord kiddies running around in market squares with very reasonable and well measured commanders.

Moffat neutered the Time War.

Define fighting.
I cant imagine whatever you are talking about. How did he fight? With his intelligence? Isn't he fighting all the time then?

>Moffat neutered the Time War.

Not even a Moffat hater, but there is much truth in this post. Maybe the Time War was just way better in my imagination.

If it's just a nickname Bill makes up for them then it'll be fine

I loved the stuff in the first series 1 episode with Clive and the internet conspiracy around the Doctor. Worked perfectly after the hiatus - really sold the Doctor's mysterious and spooky side for new viewers.

>Moffat neutered the Time War
It was been established that it was a different faction of Time Lords.

Explain

There's actually an interview with Moffat during like Series 5 when he says he thinks if they show The Time War on TV it would be disappointing like The Clones War. Not sure why he changed his mind. I guess he wanted the thing with the painting. It was kind of cool in the theater I guess.

I agree.
For a decade we knew next to nothing about the Time War. We'd hear vague statements from the Doctor — that he burned Gallifrey, that he faced names that invoked a sense of horror, a sense of mystery, and a sense of Machiavellian, Lovecraftian terror (Nightmare Child, Could've Been King, Meanwhiles and Neverweres and the Skaro Degradations).

And in our heads, in a cloud of mystery, it was so much better. But then the 50th comes along, and Moffat has only so much to play with, so of course he's gonna pick the Time War, and he can't get Chris back, so he creates a man who actually fought in the War, and he centers the episode around it. But it's like losing your virginity. Sex is great, but it's never as good as you thought it was gonna be as a horny teenager jacking off three times a day. What it was in your mind was way better.

And do you know what the most ironic thing of all is? Moffat's era is the Fairy Tale era, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but the man who wrote fairy tales told a story about one of the most mystical, most unequivocal facts of the Whoniverse, and he made it corporeal, real, and solid.

I wish, we'll never get rid of Gatiss.

>Sex is great, but it's never as good as you thought it was gonna be
I never understand why people say this. Agreed with everything else though.

Maybe your libido was lower than mine. At least you get the comparison

War saved Gallifrey, then regenerated.

10 saved Gallifrey, then went to his regeneration story.

11 saved Gallifrey, then went to his regeneration story.

Prediction: Series 10 episode 12 will end with Capaldi's eye shot from the 50th

Run like hell because you always need to
Laugh at everything, because it's always funny

>Moffat neutered the Time War.
As with so much else, he was just ripping off the EDAs.

In Alien Bodies, physical battles are irrelevant, because the war has shifted to conceptual grounds, and it's all about establishing one version of the other of the Web of Time as the cultural process of history for the universe's inhabitants.

In Interference and Dead Romance, the War involves force-regenerating soldiers to turn them into unkillable spiky monsters to win battles. Kinda cool, but not at all what we were promised.

In The Ancestor Cell, the War is basically The Invasion of Time, except the Doctor can't actually stop it this time, he's just got a big button that he can use to destroy the planet and wipe out all three factions.

The War Doctor was a mistake.

Of course RTD's initial vision of the Time War wasn't as cool as Miles' initial vision, and Moffat's final version wasn't even as cool as Cole & Anghelides' final version.

He could have at least shown us that the Dalek assault on Gallifrey's present opened the door for them to assault Gallifrey's history by having the founders of the Time Lords vanish from memory one by one, changing the Panopticon geometry as they do so, so it's still worthy of being called a "time" war.

That's why he's dead.

All mistakes need to be erased

>Tennant so low
btfo Tennfags

I used to spend a lot of time here a couple of years ago. I left around halfway through S9. Good to see that this place is still up and running. Have I missed any major events in /who/ history?

Nah, he wasn't.

I've never watched a Troughton story. What do you guys recommend?

Frank Offerino made an appearance in DWM.

Start with Power of the Daleks (any recon other than the shitty sub-newgrounds tier animation)
I recommend the Audio version narrated by Tom Baker as the Curator.

And then watch/read every episode until the War Games.

Cats got BTFO by Adam
/who/ got noticed by Gareth Roberts
Cloister got a new trip
Immigrant hates gay people
We made new a fanfic
Hayley Atwell is the new Doctor

The End of Time would have been a lot better if the mystery woman was Susan.

Story behind Gareth Roberts noticing /who/?

>Jon Pertwee will never be your Granddad

The End of Time would have been a lot better without the flying cgi skeleton man

I need some help guys..

What are the most essential must-own Classic Who dvds? Just bought Power of the Daleks the other day, loved it. I also own City of Death. Other than that, all i have is NuWho sets.

Just torrent them all. bonus material included

Someone drew him a picture and sent it to him on Twitter.

He have /who/ "big love" but declined a visit.

He said he "doesn't do forums". Which is sad...

...But That's Gareth!

The Power of the Daleks animation is a decent place to start.
Enemy of the World is good but drags a bit near the end.
The Moonbase is a good base under siege story. With some iconic Cyberman moments

Mind Robber
The Invasion
Power of the Daleks
Tomb of the Cybermen
The War Games

Power and part of Invasion are missing, so you have to be able to tolerate either crappy animation or telesnap recons.

Your sensitivity to padding will also affect Invasion and War Games. At least Invasion's padding is mostly fun stuff that's different from most other classic Who, but War Games is traditional padding, and a huge amount of it. If you can put up with that, the rest of the story is brilliant.

Inferno, Curse of Fenric, Tomb of the Cybermen

Genesis of the Daleks
'Bred for War' Sontaran Boxset - has Sarah Jane's first story and all the classic Sontaran stories
'The Beginning' boxset - includes An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, and The Edge of Destruction
The Five Doctors
The Three Doctors

>>Jon Pertwee will never be your Granddad
Yeah, especially after Sean got a restraining order stopping me from mailing him pics of my mom.