Has Homeland fucked itself by caving to political correctness and getting the election wrong...

Has Homeland fucked itself by caving to political correctness and getting the election wrong? Ratings are the lowest it's ever had.

The main protag, Carrie, goes from islamic terrorist fighter to sympathizer. They anticipated Hillary would win and create a character in her mold, someone who sympathizes with the enemy, rather than fights them head on.

Should they have stuck to their roots, and waited until the election was over to plan for the current season? It seems their audience base would have appreciated it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vuZtSIAocgE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>if you kill the enemy, they win

>The main protag, Carrie, goes from islamic terrorist fighter to sympathizer.

in that case the only viable thing they can do to redeem it is to make her journey similar as the guy's from s1 and 2

I've stuck with the show since the beginning but this season has been awful. It feels directionless and they just spent an entire episode with Quinn holding Carrie's daughter as a hostage in her own home, really not the type of episode I was expecting after that black kid got blown up last week.

>lacks direction

I think they were completely caught off guard, with their pants down when Trump won. They spent the last 2-3 seasons apologizing for their content, and finally this season they caved to political pressure by neutering their main character. Then Trump wins, PC culture is defeated resoundingly, and they are stuck in the past.

Quinn is all the show has and they keep cucking him hard

Keane's policy is closer to Trump, you idiot.

>Implying the show hasn't been horrible since season 3

give quinn his own show already about fighting the mudslimes and thwarting attacks

Last ep I saw was that muslim-nigga blowing up. So is the rest of the season going to be about Carrie proving his """"""""""innocence""""""""""? Because I might just drop it then.

it's 6 seasons in, they already did everything
it was time to stop

This

£100 says the terrorists are white extremists this time round.

considering it was a CIA false flag Carrie will probably use it to become director of the CIA or something. Or give it to Saul. The fact that some poor muzzie and 2 other people were caught in the crossfire means nothing

They definitely haven't been politically correct when portraying kikes as the conniving snake subhumans they are

It's dar adal's doing to fuck with the president Elect
He made the bomb go off and assured before de that only a couple of people would die

This seasons is so shit

The fbi framing a poor random lawabiding muslim
The fbi creating a false flag.
Quinn turning into a whitetrash junky.
the female president that is a strong woman that refused to used her son as a token of value against a brutal man in the debate.
carrie is now muslim (she refused to drink wine)
the parody of alex "humble waterfilter seller" jones
muslim portraied as victim.

>Has Homeland fucked itself by caving to political correctness and getting the election wrong?

The female President isn't meant to be Hillary, she's not hawkish at all. She honestly seem like a mashup of Trump, Biden, and Clinton.

you should have linked me to Sup Forums not Sup Forums

>They anticipated Hillary would win and create a character in her mold, someone who sympathizes with the enemy, rather than fights them head on.
Are you sure you're talking about Hillary Clinton here? She had many flaws, but sympathizing with her enemies was not one of them. She's a hawk.

i dont know what they catter to or what their narrative is at all, i havent watched a single episode, but i've recently thought about that this is prolly the show with the biggest downfall, at least hype-wise.
do you remember, the first season or two?this was apparently supposed to be THE next big thing, everyone talked about it, won shitloads of awards iirc, etc.
now, i wouldnt even know its still on if it wasnt for this thread.

OP is fucking clueless, doubt he even watches the show. He just saw woman president so it must be Hillary.

The way they portrayed Islamic terrorism was always nonsensical. To me, the most absurd thing was how they showed Sunni Al Qaeda terrorists TEAMING UP with Shiites from the Iranian government. This idea is completely laughable.

Meh, the show is still great. Everyone stopped talking about it because it became Brody's Family: And Sometimes Spy Shit May Happen.

Once they killed him, it improved dramatically.

Homeland writers don't need to get an election wrong just to produce a shitty season, they can do that at will

>PC culture is defeated resoundingly
That's where you're wrong. Trump's victory didn't defeat them (especially since Trump lost the popular vote), it only energized them more, although for now they're just focusing all their energy on tearing Trump down. They're not gonna go away anytime soon.

This, those people hate each other more than they hate America. It's why Saudi Arabia was so pissed about Obama restarting diplomatic talks with Iran.

She joked about Qaddafi being dragged through the streets and executed.

Broody was a great character. It was a bit nonesensical that he was being vetted to become vice president.
I like the season after that happened in afganistan.
This season is really not as good, too much political correctness
Overly sympathetic muslim, overly evil fbi/cia.

At least the sionist are portraied as asshole

Thrilling episode last night. The show is great. I'm enjoying the soft reboots it gets every season. Saul and Quinn continue to be based.

Yeah, I'd take your criticisms of the show more seriously if you didn't sound like a hopeless political partisan.

I think this unfortunately follows the average series
first two seasons are well thought out, characters are created with purpose to suit the plot that comes to fruition at the end of the second season
then suddenly success and the network is on their backs telling them to churn out the next 3 seasons as fast as possible and get filming
just look at boardwalk empire after jimmy dies

Best season since S1.

>Has Homeland fucked itself by caving to political correctness

How is it PC

>The main protag, Carrie, goes from islamic terrorist fighter to sympathizer

You haven't watched the other seasons then? Even Saul has talked and questioned drone programmes or interventions at times.

>They anticipated Hillary would win and create a character in her mold, someone who sympathizes with the enemy, rather than fights them head on.

Hillary was a warhawk who was one of the main proponents of the Libyan war and continued intervention.

Apart from being a woman, the characters have nothing in common.

I've never watched Homeland, but Designated Survivor suffered from this. I just wanted an exciting mystery thriller, not a political commentary or family drama bullshit. I quit after 5 episodes.

Oh shut this would actually work and be easy as fuck to write.

I've only watched this show for thehuman bullet that is Quinn.
I don't even know why I'm bothering now though when he kicked that dealer's ass it was kinda fun.
Carrie a shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=vuZtSIAocgE

>CIA trying to kill Carrie now

What is even going on anymore

agreed. at least they had the balls to remove brody cause his storyline was over.
that allowed them to create a great story arc with the afganistan story
this season is just too politically correct
they went for the stereotypical muslim that stands up to his righteous belief.
The stereotypical FBI agent that is overly zealous.
i said sionist and not jews cause it s 2 different things sionist are doing very bad things to palestinians, i didnt generalise them with the jewish religion by saying 'at least the jews are portrayed like asshole' as a poltard would say.

i m not a fan of poking at alex jones cause he has a pretty comical value

Literally nobody is fucking watching this show.

crippled quinn was still able to take on a SWAT team

i hope he gets fully rehabbed and becomes punished quinn

they're hopelessly out of ideas

This season has been one of the best, and the last episode was the most tense out of maybe all of them - but because of MUH POLITICS you can't like it? Sup Forums truly has infected every board with its alt-right autism.

CIA are badguyz
muslims are the good guy victim of evil FBI agent demoniwzing them

Season6 in a nutshell

they're going off the deep end though considering how realistic last season was, in fact every season since brody died has been fairly realistic.

now they're going for false flags and alex jones.

>The fbi framing a poor random lawabiding muslim
The whole point is that he's not an innocent lawabiding little angel, He's in somewhat of a grey area.

>the female president that is a strong woman that refused to used her son as a token of value against a brutal man in the debate.
She is portrayed as anything but a strong woman, everyone is manipulating her and she's completely lost without her staff.

>carrie is now muslim (she refused to drink wine)
Have you watched the show? Drugs and alcohol have been a problem for her. Now that she has a kid she's trying to stay somewhat stable.

>muslim portraied as victim.
true that.

Carrie is THICK!

good taste

God, this board is so insecure now. Any slight suggestion of anything that might be considered pc, and you get angry and dismiss the show.

You're living in a Left vs Right internet bubble. Not everything is about this, not everyone cares this much about it.

This is basically how the show has been going since season 1.
Its humanizing terrorism and showing some insight to how it happens, rather than being about stopping the bad guys, because they are bad and needs to be stopped by good guys.

clowns marching and protesting over non existent """""""""""discrimination""""""""""""" all over the country would probably disagree with you

Its not as many as the internet would have you belive. And Does, that mean everything has to be viewed through the same lenses? Everything isn't about your fight against the evil Leftists.

The homeland creators couldn't care less about your shitty crusade or the leftist baby parades. They are more worried about writing a good show.

>They anticipated Hillary would win
Watching an show that takes a political stand point

So anticipating is the same as making a political standpoint now? Did words stop having a meaning in 2016?

I didn't even know it was back
People aren't even creating threads for new episodes?

Can we deport all retards back to Sup Forums and build a wall between it and the rest of the boards? Stop looking at everything through your hyper-politically tinted glasses.

So you're saying walls work?

Yes, and Sup Forumsacks will pay for it.

Everything is political dude. For fuck's sake just look at any random ass show with the diversity cast.

I'm not excusing Sup Forums but you're lying to yourself if you don't think movies and tv shows don't have an agenda that they're pushing.

I didnt watch season 5 or the current season yet. Is it worth watching or what?

this entire show is about politics though

Quite good.

Not denying that shows can have an agenda, but you're extrapolating every little single thing to mean PC agenda, and can't enjoy anything. It's literal autism.

Season 5 was ok and you sort of have to watch it to see why Quinn became a retard

thanks for Correcting The Record

reddit leave

>the guy

tfw folks are already forgetting his name

I'm in the middle of Season 4 W-what happens sjw'y

You guys know this know is just a mediocre rip off of a superior Israeli show right?

Is that Alex Jones?

Wich show? Is it only in hebrew or is it in english?