Christian General: Martyr Hyacinth

Readings:
Romans 2:10-16
Matthew 4:18-23

>Russia law proposes banning protestant evangelism
christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/june/no-evangelizing-outside-of-church-russia-proposes.html

> Holy Synod condemns Yoga
topontiki.gr/article/132947/i-iera-synodos-katadikazei-ti-giogka-den-einai-gymnastiki-alla-teleti-toy-indoyismoy

>Anglo-Orthodox thoughts on Orthodoxy and Nationalism
heavyangloorthodox.blogspot.com/2016/06/more-thoughts-on-orthodoxy-and.html

>EP Bartholomew letter to Pope Francis
zenit.org/articles/ecumenical-patriarch-bartholomews-letter-to-pope-francis-on-feast-of-sts-peter-and-paul/

>Jews interrupt Greek Orthodox prayer in Jerusalem, call them evil Nazis
haaretz.com/israel-news/1.726345

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3GyjdcCGJgE
youtu.be/nkllFXIsV6M
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLGvqESouk4FR0s-jklQhAVzVR-Ed6ulK
topontiki.gr/article/132947/i-iera-synodos-katadikazei-ti-giogka-den-einai-gymnastiki-alla-teleti-toy-indoyismoy
geomaps.wr.usgs.gov/parks/gtime/ageofearth.html
hawking.org.uk/the-origin-of-the-universe.html
strawpoll.me/10657118
pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nice desert god you got there, goyim.

yooooooo

What's going on with that animal in the upper-left? We'll just set aside the skeletor for now.

Thanks user,

I was thinking of making one of these.

Reminder:

>Sup Forums is a Christian Board
>Sup Forums is a board of peace
>Christian revival is the cure for Western degeneracy

Tell me, Christpol, how do we reconcile our judgement of poor foreigners and Muslims with Christs commandment to not judge others, as well as give charity to the worlds poor?

Donating to the IOCC is good for the refugees as well as for people in the west that don't want them coming in. So even if it's not out of charity it still serves a practical purpose.

youtu.be/3GyjdcCGJgE

>posts only idolatry and catholic nonsense
>Christian general

Close minded mentally ill general?

>what is empirical evidence

I don't want to be a degenerate anymore.

Any reading material you recommend to help me change my life?

RARE

>t. Nestorian purist

Tips fedora

The Bible?

The Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7)

Anything by Fr. Seraphim Rose

The Brothers Karamazov

"Rediscover Jesus" Is a pretty good book. Diving into the Bible is a bit much at first. This book covers all the bases succinctly and gives a great overview of Jesus and his teachings.

I think the best way is to start with Catechism of the Catholic Church, later books written by church fathers (confessions st augustine), and then the bible. Bible is hard to understand, if you want to read it, make sure to read some cultural and historical commentary first.

Mere Christianity by CS Lewis does this well also.

If you do decide to read that catholic stuff, keep an open mind. I suggest reading the bible first.

Saint Hyacinth, a native of Caesarea in Cappadocia, was raised in a Christian family. The emperor Trajan made the boy his “cubicularius” (chamberlain), unaware that he was a secret Christian.

One day, while the emperor and his entourage were offering sacrifice to idols, the young Hyacinth remained at the palace, shut himself up in a small room, and prayed fervently to the Lord Jesus Christ. One of the servants overheard him praying and denounced him to the emperor. He said that although Hyacinth was entrusted with an imperial position, he did not honor the Roman gods, and was secretly praying to Christ.

Hyacinth was brought to trial before Trajan, who tried to persuade him to deny Christ and sacrifice to the deaf and dumb idols, but the holy martyr remained steadfast and declared that he was a Christian. He was whipped and thrown into prison, where the only food given to him was what had already been offered to the idols. They hoped that he would be overcome with hunger and thirst and eat it. St Hyacinth did not eat the food, and he died after thirty-eight days. When they came to torture him again, they found his dead body.

The jailer saw two angels in the cell. One covered the saint’s body with his own garment, and the other placed a crown of glory on his head.

The twelve-year-old Hyacinth suffered for Christ in the year 108 in the city of Rome. Later, the saint’s relics were transferred to Caesarea.

Can someone prove god without using Philosophy?

Even when I do science for a living, proof is nothing more than a rigorous and accepted argument based on certain assumptions and empirical evidence.

God is more like the intuition that guides you to make a new discovery worth publishing.

How about circumstantial evidence?

youtu.be/nkllFXIsV6M

>It is to be found everywhere and among everyone; it can be both violent and astute. In these last centuries, it has attempted to disintegrate the intellectual, moral, and social unity in the mysterious organism of Christ. It has sought nature without grace, reason without faith, freedom without authority, and, at times, authority without
freedom. It is an “enemy” that has become more and more apparent with an absence of scruples that still surprises: Christ yes; the Church no! Afterwards: God yes; Christ no! Finally the impious shout: God is dead and, even, God never existed! And behold now the attempt to build the structure of the world on foundations which we do not hesitate to indicate as the main causes of the threat that hangs over humanity: economy without God, law without God, politics without God. -- Pius XII

>Even when I do science for a living, proof is nothing more than a rigorous and accepted argument based on certain assumptions and empirical evidence.

Proofs do not exist in science, only in mathematics.

>God is more like the intuition that guides you to make a new discovery worth publishing.

This isn't what i asked for.

too assumptive.

>Russia law proposes banning protestant evangelism
Good.

>Can you prove something that lies beyond time and space using methods for measuring time and space?

>Proofs do not exist in science, only in mathematics.
True in a rigorous sense. That's where I learned how to do it. But that's less true in a pragmatic sense, since not even math is based on anything other than a restrictive form of a posteriori assumptions.

Maybe that was a little too philosophical for you.

Been watching this playlist and crying over and over

Go for it

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLGvqESouk4FR0s-jklQhAVzVR-Ed6ulK

This is a Christian thread not an atheist vs theist thread. If you want to learn how to be a disciple of Christ we can help you with that, otherwise you are asking the wrong questions.

I'm not interested in debating about the existence of non-existence.

this test shows you what Christian denomination (mostly american) is closest to your beliefs:

www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=christiandenom

i'm curious what denomination would show up if an atheist (specifically, anti-theist) would answer how they think the typical Christian would answer.

Proofs do not exist in science, we run on sufficient evidence to essentially establish something that can lead us to repeatable results. It's impossible to "prove" anything outside of theoretical mathematics.

I'm not atheist, i asked a harmless question. If you can't answer the questions then they should simply be a good exercise for you.

I can ask questions and you have a right to ignore them as well.

why is the fucking christian denominator site using a logo encircled by a jewstar, a muslim moon, a yinyang, etc.?

get fucked mate

hey friends. I may be soon a convert to catholicism

i wanted to go to mass tonight. I haven't been in a very long time. however it'd Latin Mass. I don't know Latin. they publish the prayers in Latin however and I'm learning Latin on my own anyway. This isn't on purpose either. The church a stones throw from me is just having Latin Mass tonight (ordinary)

do I wear anything special? I don't remember what to do beyond communion. I have an inherited pearl rosary.

can somebody help? I don't want to look dumb :(

Can some Catholics explain this to me? Does your Bible not contain Luke 18:25?
>For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God

How do Catholics justify this shit?
>Inb4 w-we donate alot

You gold-plate churches, put gems in the robes of High Priests and have a history of being a RIDICULOUSLY rich church.

Really not trying to kick shins here, what do you guys say to justify this?

I believe we are in agreement. I'm pretty sure that's why we recognize the difference between science and religion.

Science requires as much faith as religion.

But science does not agree with a Christian interpretation of God.

In what way does science not agree with the Christian interpretation of God?

Or other interpretations, if you'd like to go there. I work with scientists of other faiths as well.

i guess that's just the image for the category that the quiz is in (religious.)
the site itself isn't christian.
please calm down!

>In what way does science not agree with the Christian interpretation of God?

>age of the earth

>evolution vs creation

>miraculous events

>afterlife

Just a few

>Or other interpretations, if you'd like to go there. I work with scientists of other faiths as well.

I do was well

I'm not discrediting the existence of God, I'm saying if one exists he can be better understood through a better understanding of naturalism.

No you've derailed another Christian thread by baiting people into debating the existence of God. It really was a stupid question too.

The Gospel according to Matthew.
Luke & Acts.

Think you got the wrong guy buddy. I haven't posted on Sup Forums in a long time.

Well I guess if you want to use science to prove it wrong then you'll have to use science to prove it wrong.

Meanwhile I guess we'll just have to agree to use science for science and not make stupid arguments about things that are not being adequately argued about.

>What is cultural context?
Rich man stands for rich man back then in Judea.
>roman collaborators, greedy enough to betray own kind. Who had been walking down town with gold over their bodies, but always refusing to give even 1 coin to poor starving man who asked for help.

>how do we reconcile our judgement of poor foreigners and Muslims with Christ's commandment to not judge others?

To judge is to condemn. But to be ignorant of sin, both in ourselves, and in others (after having done: Matthew 7:5) is to pretend we have no guilt. And nothing to repent

>as well as give charity to the worlds poor

Charity may be freely given without needing to gather all peoples into one nation

>Well I guess if you want to use science to prove it wrong then you'll have to use science to prove it wrong.

It's not a matter of proving something wrong in science, it's a matter of not being able to prove it right.

>Meanwhile I guess we'll just have to agree to use science for science and not make stupid arguments about things that are not being adequately argued about.

Science and religion are not mutually exclusive. I don't know what you mean by "adequate argument" because there are plenty of adequate arguments.

So "rich" does not mean "rich" anymore? I don't really understand your post.

All that gold earned by slaughtering innocent Pagans around Europe and forcing them to convert to this cuck interracial religion. How many Pagan statues did they melt to produce this burial ceremony for Jew king?

Christianity is literally corpse worshipping.

Well, maybe I have it all wrong. You're welcome to make what you consider to be an adequate argument. That's what peer-review is all about, innit?

>Holy Synod condemns Yoga
>topontiki.gr/article/132947/i-iera-synodos-katadikazei-ti-giogka-den-einai-gymnastiki-alla-teleti-toy-indoyismoy

What does /cg/ think of this? I do yoga from time to time. I have a hard time believing its a sin to lay on a mat and stretch so I assume its meant more towards the Hindu version of yoga with all its teachings and not the secular version of yoga.

>To judge is to condemn. But to be ignorant of sin, both in ourselves, and in others (after having done: Matthew 7:5) is to pretend we have no guilt. And nothing to repent
They are an invading force, BIG difference. They are not here to better our nations, they think only of themselves.

The best answer if we are to help is to make safe zones in the Middle East.

Are you asking for an adequate argument about science not agreeing with the christian interpretation of God?

Pagan statues have no value. And neither gold before God

If you're doing yoga for body maintenance then it's one of the better options. If you're chasing Nirvana or something deeper then that then it's time to learn up first.

My result was LCMS. I'm okay with this.

No shit, then why are you in countries from where migrants come from?
a.) steal minarals
b.) import interracial labour
Christians never change, always conquer, always import foreigners into their army. Look at NATO or American army, as interracial as it gets, no honour, no pride, just mercenary scum.

I know my mate. I was just saying how just because you're not condemning someone (Muslim refugees), doesn't mean they don't have a sin that they first need to repent (Islam) before they can receive true help (salvation) and true happiness (being with God)

Read the link about the Jews in the OP. They were calling King David their true king and were totally buttblasted by Orthodox Christians. They curse us to this day.

There are scarcely any more Christians in the West my friend. The faith here is almost DEAD

Here you go, origin age of the earth

geomaps.wr.usgs.gov/parks/gtime/ageofearth.html

>disagrees with the bible and creationism.

Origin of the Universe theory from a scientific standpoint

hawking.org.uk/the-origin-of-the-universe.html

I mean, if you're just going to cherrypick what you believe in Christianity then you'll always win because that god is above even his own accounts.

Again, don't know what you mean by adequate arguments, there are so many your head will spin.

People seem to forgotten after WW2 where Jews and their kings came from.
>picture related
Every royal house knows they descend from Jews, which is why they hold bank power and push interracial, international. They don't care about countries or anybody's home/land, it's all profit games for them like hundreds and thousand years ago when they slaughtered whole nations and stolen their gold.

I'm waiting for you to construct decent arguments against God.

How old is the Earth? I'm not a domain expert on that, but evidence as far as we understand it suggests that it's pretty damn old. Whether that's a misinterpretation of some old texts or our perception of the world around us I cannot prove. I'm not really sure why this would be a pivotal question.

The Bible doesn't say the age of the earth and neither does the Church. If you're going to attack Ken Ham tier protestant creationism just know most of us here aren't protestants.

Stay strong brother, there will always be the 7000 who have not bowed their knee to Baal.

Seems like people don't need Jesus any longer to NOT punish bosses of banks and leaders. Religion was invented to control masses of people and to prepare them for death inside of royal interracial army. When are we going to start punishing democratic leaders, their financial crimes, their little wars, drone strikes, crisis manipulations, etc...? People don't need Jesus any longer, they band down without Jesus or maybe Allah will be the new religion, those Muhammad soldiers are hive mind anyway.

>Words have meaning
Obviously catolic church isn't perfect.
You quoted Bible, but apparently you're not awarned that when you read text from another time, words have diferent meaning. Back in Jesus times rich = evil and greedy, today it's not very "negative" adjective.
Do you understand it now?

Christian dating website 'Christian Mingle' forced to open up for gay dating.

The judgement, finalized Monday by Judge Jane L. Johnson of the Superior Court of California in Los Angeles County, ordered Spark Networks to do away with settings on all its sites that only allow users to select “man seeking woman” or vice versa.

>I'm waiting for you to construct decent arguments against God.

It was never my intent to disprove God. It was my intent to point out that Science does not agree with the Christian interpretation of God.

>How old is the Earth? I'm not a domain expert on that.

Earth is 4.5 billion years old based on C-14 dating and plenty of other methods of determining geological structure, pretty good chance it is much older than that. Geological formations of the Earth alone disprove the concept that God created the earth, Evolution is the popular theory today which runs directly opposite of Creationism.

The evidence is substantial enough argumentation. If you need someone to teach you about science and it's theories then you've mad arguing with you impossible and you shouldn't have ever implied you understood it.

Rich has always ment a person with alot of wealth. The Word of God does not change. But I feel that you are downplaying it alot. The RCC is most known for its weath and decadent decorations. It is not just a faulty aspect of the Church, it is the Church.

The bible implies the age of the Earth is roughly the same age as modern homo sapiens.

How does understanding reality as we know it in the form of physics disprove God?

What is wrong with your brain?

My child.. Understand ye not that ye say nothing against the truthfulness of my religion?

All you talk of is conspiracy, of a people that, like I said, do scarcely exist here anymore

All that are here are peoples that worship the state and their political ideologies

The have no God and no faith in anything

>there are people that unironically believe in 2 0 1 6 that there is a man in the sky that dictates what happens on earth

wow really makes you think

>can somebody help? I don't want to look dumb :(

you need to work on your humility, son

This.

We fly to thy protection, o Holy Mother of God. Despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us from all dangers. O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.

Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

The Bible (douay-Rheims or RSCVE) is an obvious choice. If you want to cultivate a devotion to the Blessed Mother as well (which you should since it's something Christ wanted) I suggest picking up the Secret of Mary by St Louis de Montfort

they*

>How does understanding reality as we know it in the form of physics disprove God?

I never stated this, i stated that it runs against the Christian view of him. Please develop reading comprehension if you want to argue online, it will help you with intellectual argumentation.

>most of us here aren't protestants.
prove it

strawpoll.me/10657118

>sola scriptura

2Peter3:8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

So what's the alleged Christian view that you claim? Educate me.

I am a sheep and you are the shepherd.

>I am just a clump of molecules that randomly started to clump together and after 30 billion randon events I was created. It won't matter if I die right now.

What a way to live.

God bless you rare Christian. Matthew 5:14

The bible contradicts itself a lot, the "answers" seem to be over analyziation and far too cryptic to be of any value.

It reminds me of nostra domas predictions. From a literal standpoint the bible and science are at odds and have been for quite some time.

With such an open interpretation of the bible you've made it so literally anything fits (even other gods), in which case we are just going to argue semantics.

>Do not pray to anyone other than God
>Prays to Mary

>Don't worship man
>Worships Mary

Catholics, not even once.

>i dont understand chemistry and science, so i believe that an alien man created everything!

wow really makes you think, huh.... wow.... really... makes.... you....think...........

Nigga why you do this me now I'm cryin like a bitch, too....

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

>believing God to be a liar
>hates people who want to share salvation with others
>hates people who love their enemies

I think the Orthodox Church is right up there with Catholics burning believers in Christ because they read the scripture themselves.

What are some good Christian bands?

The bible.

I'm not interested in the detailed approach, i am approaching this assuming all sides are educated. You can take that as consent to you, because you've made arguing with you too difficult to matter for either of us as I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to your loaded question.

Stryper.

wow really makes you think... wow......

Then go in peace to love and serve the Lord, my friend.

I keep watching it and it just keeps happening to me every time

Most contradictions are between the OT and NT or about the order of events in the Gospel. It's really not that contradictory for anyone who understands why there are differences in the first place and understands Church teaching on the scriptures. But yeah without all of that its not going to make much sense.