So wait why they need humanity help in 3000 years ? why they left ? why 12 and not just 1 for amy adams ?

So wait why they need humanity help in 3000 years ? why they left ? why 12 and not just 1 for amy adams ?

i get its a character movie but was this a sequel bait ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>was this a sequel bait
no
this movie spoonfeeds literally everything, how do you not get it

alright help me "get it"

>why
>why
>why

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinism

your point is ?

i got into a fight with some friends over this movie, they didnt like it

only some can appreciate true kino

just a shit movie desu, that language thing is completely unrealistic

unrealistic as a complaint in a science fiction movie

utterly retarded

It's less about whether it's "realistic" and more about the actions of the aliens make no fucking sense whatsoever. Is it realistic to think that aliens would be this advanced but not advanced enough to muster basic communication with Earth and would instead land 12 ships at random locations and not explain what they were doing at all? Not even a sign that they're peaceful? Makes no fucking sense. They only reason they did that was because it serviced the plot. That's why it's a bad movie.

Actual intelligent aliens would not have nearly sparked war with humans, and gotten one of their own killed.

These aliens have 3000 years to prepare, but show up without any knowledge on human communication.

Dumb for the sake of drama.

*farts*

if any of these aliens show up in my hood i'd heem their ass

just because it sound dramatic and intriguing

its explained via the metaphor of the chinese general giving his wife's dying words to the woman

the aliens can observe time none-chronologically, so they know what they must do and were always fated to do

>why 12 and not just 1 for amy adams

its easier to teach people shit when they have a life/death reason to learn it. Opens the door to the rest of humanity being open to learning it instead of amy adams just being a crazy bitch.

Let us all take a moment to thank imdb for closing their message boards.

YouTube better emulate them by removing their comment sections.

>why 12
Gee, i don't know asshole, if only there was some sort of allegorical reference of 12 people disseminating a revelatory belief system.

>not advanced enough to muster basic communication with Earth
this is like the main thing that happens in the movie

>12 ships
12 continents, maybe because its a just a number so congruent with the way we measure time. half a day, 12 months.

>Not even a sign that they're peaceful
they landed in seemingly unimportant peaceful locations and did nothing.

I'm 12 and what is this

>12 continents

>things normies and women ask after a movie

Base 12 is better than base 10 desu.

Why do so many people not understand this movie?

weren't paying attention, i know i wasn't, it was a pretty easy movie to grasp.