I don't get it

I don't get it

are you a woman?

Is that why you spam this pleb trash everyday, reject?

budget

The angels come to save the world
NERV wants to destroy the world

its more of a scheduling and planning thing than budget, but you're not wrong either

Read the wiki.

Very good answer.

Not much to get.

Shinji was conflicted on killing his gay lover who happened to be a bad guy.

>kid rises above his homosexuality tendencies and becomes responsible for his life

Pretty based show

it's one of the only high budget animes, Anno was just trying to fuck with the otaku audience's mind by doing different shit, didn't you watch the ending? you're retarded

They did have budget issues towards the end of production, but because they had to cut an episode's worth of material because it was too similar to a recent terrorist attack, and because Anno didn't know what to do with the ending which delayed a lot of things

Shinji was just fucked up because no one ever showed him affection (and he couldn't respond properly to affection anyway), Kaoru was trying to turn him gay. Shinji rose above and did the right thing. He killed that fucker and he was never a faggot.

Gainax very clearly ran out of money near the end of production of Evangelion and Anno's constant near breakdowns by the end of production (mostly because he kept changing the ending and money) only hampered things further and let to moments like the OP, and of course, those final two episodes - the original ones, not the directors cut editions.

>those final two episodes - the original ones, not the directors cut editions.

25 and 26 aren't DC episodes. Unless you mean the movie?

watch Secret of Blue Water

and you'll see that Anno is just pure aesthetics...there is nothing to get. It just looks cool.

It's really not that hard you retarded faggots.

what a bunch of useless bullshit, thanks user!

Shinji loves him because he's had all this sexual tension wtih all the women around him and in comes this guy who's all chill and shit and Shinji can just be himself. He has a hard time killing him, hence the minute long scene.

>over 4 billion years ago the space ancestral race that had mastered the secrets of science-

stopped reading there

Is ANY of this even explained in the series?

Is Komm Susser Todd the best use of music in Anime?
>I know, I know I've let you down
>tfw

Nobody does. People just pretend they do.

Do you really need everything spelled out for you in a show? Ever heard or "show not tell"?

yes, watched it for the first time when I was 13 and it has stayed with me ever since

>Rebuild is a sequel
FUCK YYOOOOOUUUUU

what would have happened if the guy didnt reject instrumentality in the end? the people that were transformed into lcl were going to evolve into some sort of 'god' or something or were they just gonna stay a pool of lcl?

so then its a bad end, right? its literally shinji sitting on a baron island with catatonic asuka?

>they had to cut an episode's worth of material because it was too similar to a recent terrorist attack
Source? What terrorist attack?

there's a typo in this

Nah, he takes responsibility for his own actions. Plus the fact that Asuka is there implies people can come back from LCL/death

>vlc
pleb as fuck

They'd have originally all been absorbed in the giant Rei as a single consciousness. (the bit where you can hear all the thoughts of other characters in Shinji's mindtrip).
This is the instrumentality that Seele wanted, but it's kind of horrible.

Instead Rei/Yui interject and just create the LCL sea that is a world of absolute freedom, but people are not capable of distinguishing theirselves from others so have no real purpose (the bit where Rei is straddling Shinji).
But they have the option to leave this place if they wish to define their own identity again and build an AT Field around their hearts.

I feel the implications of the LCL sea bit was explained better in Episode 26 with the black and white line drawing sequence

Its shit

In bits and pieces, mostly in End of Evangelion. If you only watch the show itself it's entirely implied and never explained.

Even this explanation isn't perfect. It makes sense until you get halfway through and then there's so much shit going on you forget the ultimate point. Lilith trying to kill Adam, NERV and SEELE with different objectives, a million different Rei clones. About the time the Evangelions get introduced is where it starts to go into "what" territory. Especially the shit with Shinji's mom and reincarnation as Rei.

>The events of 25 and 26 happen during End of Evangelion
Are you literally retarded? 25 and 26 are Gendo's Good End, whereas EoE is Seele's Bad End

>not saving it as a .gif

The 1995 Subway Sarin Attack. Hiroki Azuma mentions in an interview

>Are you literally retarded?
Are you? They are the same ending, told from different perspectives

>AT field
>an absolute impenetrable field that protects the Angels from damage
>it turns out that human also have an AT field
>around their heart
>litterally

so in the end the people that became lcl can turn back into humans if they wanted to?

Really? I thought Eva aired a bit later than that. Huh

its meant to be the force that separates the subject (self/ego) from the object (external world). Without it there is no identity