TFW Sup Forums trolled me into thinking University is a scam

>TFW Sup Forums trolled me into thinking University is a scam
>TFW /r9k/ trolled me into thinking working a job or starting a business for cucks

I hate myself so much believing a website known for edgy humour, satire and pranks over actually working hard in life and studying.

did you actually listen to some nameless virgins on the internet

>tfw too dumb for Uni
i think i'm just gonna drop out of this shit soon. my iq has to be below 70. how the fuck did i even get in here

Unfortunately.

so what do you do now?

Pretty much nothing

So what?
Just sign up for Uni, even a shitty course, you're never too old, OP, you can do it!

It's too late for me now Portugal. Go on without me.

>implying there aren't people at FIRST YEAR of facultade that have 30+ years
>implying you don't have a solid economy to get a job

Don't give up now leaf, search up the cheapest uni or get a lousy job and get your shit together!

Im scared I wont be smart enough to do well.

grades doesn't mean shit, get the paper

What's your major?

Okay

you probably aren't if you let Sup Forums mold your world view or affect your opinions

>he is poor
>in fucking 2017
>when internet exists
xaxaaxXAXAXAXAxaxxaxaxXAXAXAXAXAAXAXAXA

>have internet
>don't have a lot of money
What am I doing wrong, Bulgaria?

nice larp

you are lazy subhuman fuck who spents his time on Sup Forums and probably palying vidya instead of educating yourself and starting a business

I thought people here cared about my wellbeing.

Sup Forums is half right though, most degrees are bullshit. you are especially fucked if you go into debt for them.

And what are you making money from?

he outsources some shitty jobs from your cunt and lives with shit grade items from his cunt like a average man

>move to st john's (one of the cheapest cities in canada)
>go to College of the North Atlantic for the CAS program (basically college version of a general year)
>1 year program, 861 bucks per semester
>get a meh tier average at least (easy as shit to get)
>transfer into a legit program at CONA (with varied but still low tuition) or get into MUN, which is a decent uni for 3600/yr (subsidized as fuck)
????
Profit

>come out with no job since that uni is trash
just do adult highschool for the math/science/english prereqs (it's just 6 courses), you could get it done in online classes within 3-4 months if you're not retarded. Then apply to universities during october/november.

Now this is an idea... but I want to go to a good University in Ontario and do a co-op or internship program.

How hard are those courses? I've been thinking about doing that but a little sketched out because ILC wants a shit ton of personal info.

Also apparently Memorial University isn't even that poorly rated (depending on program certainly)

You'll be just fine, baby boy. They are all valid paths, but university is a lot of debt and more than just classes. It just isnt a good place to leverage a lot of investment for some people.

If you can do it without a lot of debt, great. If not, it may be better to wait a while. It can be a very hostile place. And you need a lot of drive. It takes more than just good grades. You have to be a competitve ambitious sonofabitch to really get out of it the enormous investment you put into it.

Every day people graduate with worthless degrees that would've been better served with a trade or just working a regular job and trying to make management. Too many people turn their nose up at service jobs because they think of minimum wage. But I know plenty of people who held out and kept working, gaining experience and resume assets and ended up in management and live very respectable lives.

Whatever you choose, what matters is how much you put into it. Its a surprisingly hard thing for us to remember to want something. The only thing that really distinguishes us from apes or each others ape body is what we want. We are what we want, but we dont necessarily be who we are. We keep forgetting what we want, so we arent always who we are. The result is just an ape that regrets what it could've done but didnt.

Self discipline is remembering what we want. Since we forget, we have to make rituals. The mind is imperfect. So we have rituals to do things without thinking and getting lost in distractions and tangents.

We have to train the mind like we are training an ape because we are. Buddhists have known this forever.

You're gonna be alright. There will be challenges and heartbreak sometimes no matter what. So you may as well get as much as you can.

Take care, OP, and be blessed.

i can give you a meme answer, or the unironic one

>he outsources some shitty jobs from your cunt and lives with shit grade items from his cunt like a average man
and this is why serbia will always be the poorest shithole on the balkans, lacking behind even fucking fyrom, your mindset is of a slave

I fucking hate these autistic posters, i just hope its not real cause if it is jesus what an absolute retard, its not like you would manage to get a uni title if you can be persuaded this easily

OP, if you want to get a head start on university courses, use MIT courseware or Coursera (don't pay, just audit the courses if required) or sometimes universities put their course lectures on youtube.

>Go to uni
>Get internship for a major international bank pretty easily
>Now have grad job waiting for me, earning significantly above the average wage despite never having held a proper job in my life
University is definitely not a meme if you study the proper courses. Not gonna pretend I'm super smart or that I even go to an amazing school, I just have skills that are in demand.

We're all gonna make it, mate.

>that uni is trash
it sits at mid tier, around york due to it getting absurd amounts of research grants and funding from the government, CBC NL is part of the school for god's sake
but either way, the uni isn't near as important as networking and planning a proper career pathway, while still in school for most fields
>but I want to go to a good University in Ontario and do a co-op or internship program
that's cool and all, but i factored in your low motivation, your uncertainty and the fact you don't have much cash
better to pay ~4k altogether for uni and maybe pay 4-500/mo. for a room than to go down to a high tier uni in Ontario for 7-15k/yr, more if residence, especially considering your lack of certainty
plus, a relatively cheap year in an ok college would help you get a better idea of career pathways while paying almost nothing

I signed up for some on edx

They seem okay but some seem very poorly made. (This one I did on economics in particular)

Good to hear user. Glad that it was a good investment of time and money.

I have an okay amount of money(from wiring/investing for years as a wagecuck) plus tuition is much less than $7k now with the OSAP changes. Possibly even free or close to it tuition.

MUN just doesn't seem great for what I'd want to study - Business or Compsci.

Honestly yeah, some are badly organised (especially edx and coursera. MIT and Berkeley (uploaded on archive.org now I think since they got taken down) just upload the actual recordings of their lectures so they're a bit better.

The main use for them is mainly to be exposed to some of the ideas before you see them in your actual classes. I mention it because you were anxious you weren't smart enough.

>taking every word from a website known for edgy humour, satire and pranks over actually working hard in life and studying as sound advice
just fucking kill yourself you stupid leaf, pulling the trigger isn't that hard to do

Good point.

I remember on /biz/ some guy posted the textbooks used in university for different subjects so if I read those I'll be well ahead of the curve in knowing material.

Many universities will post their reading lists for particular courses in public areas. Find one that does, then use libgen.io to download PDF copies of the textbooks.

If you find that list, all the better though. For computer science, there's probably some good lists of books on stackoverflow. I never took any business courses so I can't comment on those.

>I have an okay amount of money(from wiring/investing for years as a wagecuck) plus tuition is much less than $7k now with the OSAP changes
to be fair, there will be more expenses (especially compsci, be prepared to pay 500-750/semester for books), but i mean it's just you didn't seem very confident in you ability, so i thought a cheaper route would be optimal
also st. john's is the comfiest city in canada 2bh
>MUN just doesn't seem great for what I'd want to study - Business or Compsci.
that's true i guess, MUN's top fields would be medicine and engineering

Okay thank you.

Can't you just torrent the books? Or do they actually have that "online code module" component in order to "buy marks" I keep reading about?

MUN does seem quite cozy though.
BTW

Bump.

fuck off flin

t. Memorial University admissions employee trying to get traffic
t. Newfoundland government official

oh darn ya caught me
wew senpai

So how often do you repeat these threads?
Once a week? People seem to bite every time