Could they make this show today without massive backlash?

Could they make this show today without massive backlash?

gotham is not that old m8

Probably not unfortunately.

just a remember Shawn Ryan is currently writing Timeless

>Gotham

In the 'so terrible it's great' category my sister convinced me to watch an episode of 'training day' with bill paxton.
In said episode one cop stabbed a guy in the back, another cop neck snapped a fool like they were from krypton and when asked if bill had turned in the recoverd drug money mr. paxton said, and I quote, "yeah, minus a handling fee." And everybody kek'd.
I think Michael would be just fine.

I actually considered watching it just because of him. The Shield is one of my all-time favorite shows. I've avoided Timeless cause NBC shows are almost always garbage.

bump

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY

>Yeah? But you know with all that money, all that power, at the end of the day, you're still just a nigger! With a faggot nigger son! And where's the respect in that?! HUH? Where's the respect in that?!

As someone who watched this show when it was debuting, I've often wondered how it holds up to modern audiences since so much of the appeal was them being the edgiest thing ever seen on basic cable. There was great writing under it all, but it used shock value as a hook. I don't think it would be as shocking, and therefore not as "fun" to a modern audience.
The only reason they really got away with it in the first place was because who fucking watched FX? The cable channel that showed bad fox shows they couldn't give away the syndication rights too, and shitty movies edited for tv?
It made basic cable a viable platform for prime-time television, with the bonus of not having standards and practices as far up their ass because the FCC doesn't regulate cable same way they do broadcast television.

I honestly think it would be more edgier and controversial now than when it debuted. The amount of "faggot" and "niggers" thrown around would make people go crazy, as well as painting police brutality in a somewhat positive light

Pretty sure Pawn Stars is still going, somehow.

>somewhat positive light
Corruption is tolerated because it gets results is a story as old as time user.

I want to see how it looks on 4k, the 16mm helped with the setting

don't think I need to see claudette or acevada's face in that much detail

>as well as painting police brutality in a somewhat positive light
Everyone loves dirty cops though. And maybe they do throw around faggot a lot, but they also have a black police officer who got a blanket party thrown for him, and then discount jimmy smits finds out at gunpoint that he doesn't hate the idea of sucking dick nearly as much as he thought.
So, you know, it's a sympathetic and realistic portrayal of life as a pillow biter in south central.

>don't think I need to see acevada's face in that much detail

top kek
I agree but I can see a lot of people flipping out over they good bois gettting beat for cappin a 8 year old girl

Would they still complain as much when the point of the whole show is that everyone not in the wrong is impotent to do anything, or just make genuinely poor decisions.

Reminder Ronny literally did nothing wrong

Shane did all the fuck ups and Lem for not letting whittaker die

Ronny :(
Lem :(