/got/ General: Violence Against Women Edition

What does /got/ think of this? Does GoT have too much violence against women? Should tv shows only feature male victims of violence? Will you stop watching GoT to join in the protest of fictional violence against fictional women?

archive.is/UWTU0

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/UWTU0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Of course, male characters also experience high levels of violence in television shows like Game of Thrones.
>The difference, though, is that men are often victims of violence because they choose to put themselves in violent situations.

As a women I feel like I'm being physically assaulted anytime I see a woman assaulted on screen.

These people would rather live in a bubble where nothing bad happens to women ever, even in war.

See you this summer

>opinion

As a woman I would happily get the shit kicked out of me for a week to see a Sansa/ Hound kissing scene. Maybe he can choke her a bit too.

>victim shaming

>being so SJW you victim shame

Why can't you just let the /got/ die for a little bit?

The more these threads die of inactivity, the more the mods will realize how pointless they are and the faster they'll get banned

Last one archived almost 24 hours ago, what more do you want?
This thread is active right now, more active than most of the threads that hit Sup Forums

>we want strong confident female characters
>oh, but we don't bad things to happen to these brave women when they fight or get involved in politics

what a fucking cunt

What's funny is when GOT first came out, so many feminists were praising GRRM for writing strong female characters. He was among the most popular authors with feminists. Then they realized that part of being a strong character is you get BTFO just like the men too.

>or get involved in politics
kek, I'm not even a Trump supporter but it was absurd how the feminists wanted Hillary coddled at every turn

>men choose to be pressed into service by their lords and be butchered on war

Really made my tulpas spin

>Rickon Stark
>Under house arrest for most of his life
>Shot through the back with an narrow, dies miserably of a punctured lung
He had it coming tbqh
>Arya
>Gets beaten up because she volunteered to be part of a rigorous training program to become a murderer
PROTECT OUR CHILDREN

so basically.....they were asking for it?

The scene in season 2 where they killed the hooker's baby disturbed me so much I had to stop watching and go for a walk to clear my head.

Then I remembered it was a dude baby and I felt silly.

>feminists unironically claim that male disposability is part of "the Patriarchy backfiring"
>feminists unironically claim that we need more feminism to combat this attitude

>babies and children get killed
>b-but think of the women getting "raped"

Is the backlash the reason why GOT s6 was so feminist, the whole little girl with House Mormont shit was cringeworthy

C I T Y NAME
I
T
Y

N
A
M
E

What kind of stupid shit is this? Women want to be shown as unbreakable gods all the time.

Didn't Marvel try this stupid crap and their comic sales dropped like mad cause all the female protagonists had like no problems presented to them?

Yes

>Women want to be shown as unbreakable gods all the time
>if steven seagal was a gender

Anyone else praying that GRRM dies this year leaving everything unfinished? Reddit's asspain would be amazing

Violence has a place in society though.

There's a sucessor ready to pick it up when he dies
>caring about reddit at all

The most violent acts are against men. Even the ones that don't involve war. If someone is willing to give up on a show for such a poor reason, she most likely isn't a fan of it to start with.

>pic-related actually happened
>not photo-shopped at all

>If someone is willing to give up on a show for such a poor reason

She's given up on *every* show that displays "senseless" violence against women.

She's stuck on for shows that display a woman discussing a past rape as an empowering moment, however.

You lie. He's instructed his wife to destroy everything if he dies. Even if she ignores him thats a permanent mark over anything that gets produced after

Mods are more stringent when it comes to /got/ than other threads

>But get your own identity

Got to love it when they know the criticisms but avoid trying to tackle it.

yeah, that happened last year. But obvi that mod died and the surviving mods aren't interested in banning Sup Forums's favorite show

It's irrelevant anyway. He's such a slow writer that the show has already surpassed the books. Last season was almost entirely new material that wasn't in the books yet. HBO doesn't need him anymore

>yeah, that happened last year. But obvi that mod died and the surviving mods aren't interested in banning Sup Forums's favorite show

Hate to disagree with trips, but wrong.

Dead threads get the ball rolling. As do thread wars and repetitive arguments and posts, the latter usually leads to dead threads because everyone's tired of the same shit with nothing new

By that logic, a woman with an abusive boyfriend chose to put herself in a violent situation and is asking for it.

thats so cancerous its actually scary that people get paid to make that

sounds like we should avoid dead threads then
>bump

>hardass northern lords get bullied by a little girl
WOW what a misogynist show

We all have to go to sleep sometimes.

And /got/ doesn't have enough bongland or European posters in general to keep this place alive. Even fewer Asian ones.

Heck, we've died even in the afternoon and dusk over here on the Eastern Time Zone

>Sup Forums
>mods

>Is the backlash the reason why GOT s6 was so feminist

Yes. Sansa in season 5 was shit writing after the end of season 4 because they essentially set her up as a player and not a piece only to go right back on that setup. Now to the normal person it's just shit writing. To a feminist it's 'MUH FEMALE AGANCY!'.

-Literally- why Trump won

I thought this was edited. God that's awful.

Most women are just boring

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

Gendrick

I missed you got

The little girl ruling House Mormont was straight out of the books

It's not that different than Bran having to rule Winterfell when he was like nine

Why?

And this thread will be dead by morning in best time zone anyway

I had to check to see if that surname was real.

that name is like "Smith" in Greece

Bran wasn't screaming at grown adults like an autistic meme though and bran had more experienced people helping him because he was a child

Bran didn't have girl power

Bradamante kissed me in the cheek and I giggled and he blushed.

I always thought of him as a decent dude, glad I was right.

why do you guys hang around on /got/ and not asoiaf-related subreddits? is it shit like pic related?

I don't have an account there but I I lurk reddit, though I have some shame in it.

But most of /got/ doesn't because reddit is too hivemind, you get downnoted and thus censored for having another opinion, they're too normie and defensive of the show, some like and defend jonsa (there was even a thread about it recently) and other retarded topics/characters/ships, and their memes are shit.

But I come to /got/ for the memes, the lack of censorship, and the anonymity.

>archive.is/UWTU0
>and it was leaving me feeling angry, anxious and exhausted.

How does this woman function in life?

>OPINION
>some literal nobody preaching about how they've """banned"'"" a TV show

banned from what? i mean she's an asinine idiot but come on why even bother getting mad at some shit a self-absorbed retard blogs about

>wins the fight because her opponent threw it solely because she was a woman
>this is empowering somehow

This has to be really deep fucking satire, no person on this Earth who was employed professionally would actually write something like this and think it's a genuine moment of empowerment for fem-Thor.

Am I the only one who wants to lick Emilia Clarke's brown hairy butthole

-reddit is full of jontards
-they hate /ourguy/ preston
-the upboat shit sucks

>asked family and friends to pre-watch shows I'm not sure about
this is what happens when you spend your whole life in a fucking safety bubble

can someone explain reddit's infatuation with jon snu to me?

LADS

This happened.

I thought the difference was that most violence against women on GOT is framed in a sexual way that male viewers can easily fap to (like Craster's rape hut), while the violence against men (excluding Theon) is completely non-sexualized and portrayed as something that's bad.

Too good to be true. Precisely what I imagine when I think of game of thrones fans

>theon

women loved that shit for some reason

he killed two kids, dozens of northmen and betrayed his family.

>entirely new material that wasn't in the books yet
>yet

The show's diverged so much over the course of its run, but especially since season 5, that the constellations of characters, their motives, what drives them, is almost completely different from what was presented in the books up to this point. They may have the same ending in broad terms once (if) they wrap up, but I don't think the forthcoming books will resemble the show in any way that matters.

>so how's this show?
>well, some guy gets tortured pretty hard, blood everywhere, losing fingers and all
>that's fine, but what about women?
>well some girl gets slapped a few times
>URGHHHHH can't watch that, will they stop making patriarchy propaganda?

Nah. I'm down with her thiccness and I find her adorable. But I still think she's to chubby for a desert queen and I loathe Daenerys.

>Thankfully, Targaryen were not only immune to fire - against the author's canon - they also proven to be immune to large falling debris, and smoke suffocation

Bravo D&D

Why doesn't dany just wear some device-thing full of spikes/blades and run through her opponent's armies until they're all dead? She's immune to everything anyway.

>muh Azor Ahai
That's it basically.

>The difference, though, is that men are often victims of violence because they choose to put themselves in violent situations.

Yeah like the fat kid Arya asked to practice swordplay with.
Or Syrio who was asked to train Arya at swords.
Or Ned who got a broken leg because Catelyn seized Tyrion. Then beheaded because Sansa got him captured.

Also which female character got violented without doing anything herself to get in that situation? (random commoners don't count, as they're butchered equally from both genders).

YAAS QUEEN SLAY

If Ned successfully escape KL with arya and sansa, stops at dragonstone to pledge fealty to Stannis, then goes back to winterfell to call the banners...

Do things happen differently? Do the lannister lose?

Would the Tyrell still join with them, or the Stark/Tully supporting Stannis would make them follow the alliance?

(Or go Frey-mode a few months because they're not sure who's the strongest?)

jeyne poole

not on the show tho, she just disappeared.

that retard surely hasn't read the books.

Women love yaoi.

Reminds me of this

In the books, all the Starks besides Robb dislike Theon/treat him with indifference and Ramsay is the one who kills the two kids and Ser Rodrick.

kek

it's also funny when they complain about how women are wearing too revealing outfits for combats, and their body types aren't realistic

Then comes Zangief, a 7'0 450lbs man who fights in his underwear.

someone has the bolton daughter picture thingy pls?

The what now?

>The little girl ruling House Mormont was straight out of the books
That's extremely misleading. The head of house Mormont is still Maege, and her heir is Alysane. Lyanna Mormont is the only Mormont in bear island at the moment, not the ruler of House Mormont. She also only sends a letter (a letter in her name, to be exact) saying that the Mormonts will only serve Starks. She doesn't go around bossing and humiliating all of the powerful lords in the North.

Theon kills the boys in the books as well. It was "reeks" (Ramsay was pretending to be reek at the point) idea.

No, this can't be real. This must be a meme of some sort.

>Theon kills the boys in the books as well.

No, Ramsay came up with the idea and carried out the killing.

I don't remember the passage perfectly, but it's irrelevant whether it was Ramsay or Theon who did the deed. Theon in every case ordered the deed, was responsible for it being carried out. He is just as guilty as Ramsay.

>He is just as guilty as Ramsay.

No he isn't. Besides, the argument that he deserves to get tortured by Ramsay is fucked since Ramsay himself is the one who came up with the idea and butchered the children and basically committed all the atrocious acts in Winterfell during that time.

>No he isn't.
Yes he is.
>the argument that he deserves to get tortured by Ramsay
Not my argument, and I don't agree with that.
But Theon was responsible for boys being killed, you really have to do some gymnastics to twist it as not being his fault.

>Season 7 is actually going to be worse than season 5.

You're not equally culpable for not stopping a murderer from murdering. This is why spineless accomplices tend to face less jail time than the person who plotted the murder and carried it out.

simply an endless stream of blood-vomit violently smothering her face unto suffocation

>You're not equally culpable for not stopping a murderer from murdering.
False equivalency. Theon ordered the murder, wasn't just a bystander who did nothing. The Soldiers Theon had with him (and didn't partake in the murder) are pretty much innocent, but not Theon. Theon ordered the murder, and agreed with it. If he hadn't, he could have stopped Ramsay.

he wasnt a spineless accomplice, he was the boss ordering the servant, at the time "reek", to follow on a plan that reek thought of but theon approved of
theon had his ironmen and reek was less than his squire, he was his servant, Theon had the power to have him killed any time, and he thinks about it thinking Reek could expose him or be somewhat dangerous at a future time (kek)
he is entirely culpable and deserves everything he got