Joss "Quip" Whedon

How much of a hack is he, Sup Forums?

S E N S I T I V E

>calls trump a terrible person because he insults women
>make a tweet about Nicole Kidman looking like a puppet just because she didn't insult trump

Fuck this hypocrite faggot for insulting my 90s strayafu

Firefly was breddy gud tbqh, so was Buffy.

Not to mention his writing is some of the cringeiest shit ever.

No wonder Marvel dropped him.

>muh trump
And you have the gall to call people puppets.

I like very little of his work and even less of him as a person, but he can write some top tier PG-13 banter when he's focused. And even though he's out of touch with the rest of the world he's very meta-cognizant of his own work and its faults which can be refreshing at times.

No, not really. 99% of his writing is pure cringe-inducing mediocrity that appeals to normies. Fuck him & 'em.

He puts pussy on a pedestal
He thinks models doing generic karate = strong female characters
His banter is generic and out of place now since others copied it, developed it further, and moved on with it.
Buffy was good in the 90s, but we're not in the 90s now.
Firefly is the most overrated shit on the internet. Andromeda was better, and Andromeda was shit. Firefly being good was one of the first modern memes.
He's a nobody. He's worse than Kevin Smith, because at least Kevin is mildly aware of how much of a faggot he is and makes fun of himself for it. Whedon would cry if you so much as reminded him he was mediocre.
Now go to fucking bed, Joss.

how badly did he rage when trump won?

C U C K

too transphobic

Not to mention Firefly was also a ripoff of Outlaw Star.

>Plagiarist confirmed.

please tell me you have more to offer than a pair of screencaps, I'd like to be able to use it in the future

>HORK! HORK! hork?

Angel was better then Buffy, haven't seen Firefly.

Really bad. He has no restraint. He wants every character to be clever at all times. You can't appreciate a clever line or action if every single character and thing in the movie is supposed to be "clever". It's like reading an 2000-era Cracked Article, except personified as a movie script.

And the problem is he has such a ravenous undying fan base that eats it up, that thinks the plot having no weight or consequences because everyone is cleverly subverting your expectations with their out of place banter is good as long as you randomly kill a character every now and then. No matter how hard he fails, this army of idiots prop him up and applaud him, anything wrong with Alien Resurrection or Avengers 2 isn't Joss' fault, it's the studios! Even though much of the fucking problems in those film stem from his trademarks. He's got people trained to expect a random character to die and that if someone doesn't die there's no consequences because that's the only "consequence" these retards know.

Even listening to him talk in interviews and commentaries, he's always trying to make sure everything he says is endearing or clever and witty, he never sounds like a normal human being, but a high school "actor" doing their best to sound "natural".

He understands the basics of breaking a story down, definitely. He can definitely come up with something, but it's his "voice" that ruins everything he works on. There's a reason all those uncredited rewrites he did for shit like The Mummy and Twister stayed uncredited, because his pages and pages of every character responding with an increasingly witty and clever quip got thrown out, keeping maybe a line or two (and you can tell in Twister which lines are the Whedon lines by how ungenuinelly clever they sound coming from the character) and just keep the plot bridging he added.

>as long as you randomly kill a character every now and then
it's important that you've built up fangirling over them first

>and you can tell in Twister which lines are the Whedon lines by how ungenuinelly clever they sound coming from the character

Let me guess: that scene from the trailer where someone yells "COW" that never made it into the final cut–
wait
> chicken little: trailer has dad say "Now I'm going to scream like a little girl" but it never made the final cut either

>Angel was better then Buffy
Nah, the appeal of Buffy was a bunch of high school kids getting into paranormal shit. Angel was a bunch of 40-somethings doing the same thing.

Here ya go.

If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending.

The guy is a gigantic Beta perpetually trying to write how he imagines "cool people" talk to each other.
He gives each character the same level of snarky ambivalence and doesn't give a shit who says what outside of some very obvious character traits.

the quips must flow - and as such he must have an ensemble cast. He just needs an excuse for someone to say something, the more people the better.

Oh wow, he ripped off a guy pointing a gun? What will this madman do next?

If you actually saw Outlaw Star you'd know that Mal and Gene are pretty much the exact same character.

I only like Firefly, the rest of his work is trash and he's an annoying cunt.

the appeal of Buffy was putting humor right in the middle of horror first, teens second. Angel followed suit with characters marginally older (and a cast barely older) and shedding high school shenanigans as a backdrop.

Angel was def more of a favorite for me but it had far too many actors leaving the show to get too connected to it (most being fired). To this day I will never understand why Christian Kane left considering his acting resume's been shit since.

A fantastical future where a brash nave leads a ragtag team on an eponymously-titled spaceship who come across a woman hidden in a suitcase who was the subject of experimentation for the nefarious purposes of a secret cabal.

....YEP! Totally not ripping off Outlaw Star or anything. No sir!

To put the relative worth of appearing on Angel into context, when Daniel Dae Kim was tapped for LOST, he said "you remember me from Angel, right" and the producers said "No, we had you on a list of actors who speak Korean."

and outlaw star is infinitely better, especially the beginning arc with Hilda.
lots of world-building, good pacing. pretty fuckin good anime.

I still hate the grappler ships though, they were simply trying too hard at being different and they look goofy as fuck in action.

>A fantastical future where a brash nave leads a ragtag team on an eponymously-titled spaceship who come across a woman hidden in a suitcase who was the subject of experimentation for the nefarious purposes of a secret cabal.
Now THAT'S the meat I was asking for. Thanks.

>reading comprehension
Joss Whedon called people puppets.

When will white knights learn?

H-HILLARY 2106!

Neither of those things were good you fatty.

>Whedonites on suicide watch confirmed.

>trumplr-beasts living in 2016 forever confirmed

Hack who's never made a worthwhile thing in his career.

>inb4 the firefly, buffy and 12 remaining Angel fans show up to start shit.

I had the overwhelming urge to turn off firefly during the opening battle, but I stuck with it for 4 more episodes. What a waste of time.

what did user mean by this?

That argument doesn't even apply here and therefore makes your position look even weaker than ever. Cry more, Tumblrina Cuckerina.

This, Buffy was fine when you were a highschooler growing up with it, but the only thing going for it now is nostalgia. I have a much harder time connecting to the characters on Buffy than I do the ones on Angel.

If it's any consolation I enjoyed both B & A but literally could not get into Firefly and Dollhouse was a clusterfuck of horrendous miscasting.

He got propped up hard on his first 2 shows and without the help of those people made, well, crap

Firefly was garbage, I still have no fucking clue why there is such a massive fanbase for it.

LEL BROWNCOATS FOR LIFE XD

>Dollhouse

Aside from the crappy setting & story, Dushku was a mistake

I like Dushku, and she's fine playing a supporting role, but she's just not a good enough actor to carry a show on her own. Whedon only gave her the job because he had a thing for her.

Just like he had a thing for all of the female cast on all of his shows. Dude is a dirty bastard, don't let his "Good feminist" act fool you.

It was entertaining, probably helped that it only lasted for 1 season so it didn't get boring soon after

Oh, and half the Firefly "fans" on Sup Forums are actually glauposters of old

They needed someone like Tatiana Maslany who could carry multiple types on a dime.

>Dude is a dirty bastard, don't let his "Good feminist" act fool you.
He's the descendant of a line coming from Charles Moulton "Wonder Woman" Marston to Chris "X-babes" Claremont. Perverts can do great things with female characters but in the end we're still perverts.

I wasn't really referring to them, the Glau posters are extinct. I was talking about people I know who literally refer to themselves as "browncoats". I just cannot grasp that kind of devotion to a shitty show that lasted one season.

>I just cannot grasp that kind of devotion to a shitty show that lasted one season.

I like how the default picture is a 2XL

Is this what Whedon slaves cuck themselves over for?
What is humanity? What is life?

>I just cannot grasp that kind of devotion to a shitty show that lasted one season.

You're not old enough to remember the fanbase around Space: Above and Beyond, most of whom were fujoshi.

> MOM I USED THE BUZZWORD I HAVE FRIENDS NOW COME LOOK

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging him for it, that was half the reason I liked his old shows, because of all the eyecandy. I just think it's kind of hypocritical that he jumps on others for objectifying women and shit like that, when all of his shows were really just vehicles to showcase his fetish for cute girls punching monsters.

Hell, I'd honestly be shocked if he didn't make Alysson Hannigan, Amy Acker and Summer Glau sit on the casting couch for him at one point.

>Space: Above and Beyond
YES I AM, FUCKGINA!

>I just think it's kind of hypocritical that he jumps on others for objectifying women and shit like that,

Marson and Claremont indulged their fetishes instead of repressing them which probably contributed to their not wasting time piously moralizing on the side. That, and social media not yet existing. Speak through your work but shut up in person, I say.

FWIW I enjoyed S:AaB for its cheese and think it could have sustained at least one more season with the incestuous X-Files crosspollination it had. But christamighty, the slash fandom was awful.

Wow you mean he didn't invent shots where the guy is pointing a gun at the camera, pointy spaceships, or even a crew of colorful characters? Fucking hack!

(btw you might be right but from that image you look retarded)

He is right, you know.

They were both great, lardass.

>trumplrina confirmed for feelings hurt and ass blistered
Have some relief.

ITS TIME

ALSO HEARD HE DONATED OVER 500K TO SHILLARY LMAO

WANTING A PERSON TO BE PRESIDENT JUST BECAUSE SHES A WOMAN IS CALLED SEXISM, JOSH :^)

No they weren't.
They both pandered to plebs with non-existent expectations and shit taste.
What the fuck are you, user?

>What did he mean by this?

this

Ad-hominems aside, they were both great shows.

He wrote Toy Story. He's not all bad.

Nope.

It's almost like Toy Story went through peer review with other writers or something...

Prove me wrong, feg.

>tries way too hard to make a terrible joke
>tries even harder to damage control when no one laughs at his terrible joke

He's so wonderfully pathetic

I love Buffy and Firefly, but I haven't liked anything he's done since Avengers.

>Feg
Can't even spell "fag" correctly.
For shame, user. Had you been more proficient in a simple spellcheck, I've would've taken you seriously. Go crawl back to Myspace, buddy.

>For shame, user. Had you been more proficient in a simple spellcheck, I've would've taken you seriously. Go crawl back to Myspace, buddy.
>"I've"
kek

>I've would've
What did he mean by this?

whomst'd've

The fuck?

Exactly what I said

Fucking Marvel hater.

This thread was made by Joss himself, right?

Joss would never post on Sup Forums. It's too rough for his delicate sensibilities.

How would he be able to project himself?

I honestly wish he and his fans would die simultaneously.

KEK

ANYWAY JOSS WHEDON IS A NUTLESS FAGGOT

I agree strongly with this & it makes me hard and wet.