How is this possible? Is it weird case of everyone pretending to like something?

How is this possible? Is it weird case of everyone pretending to like something?

I enjoyed Batman Begins much more than any of the 2 others

immense blind hype

Look at Inland Empire score. Yes.

People wanted it to be an amazing end to the trilogy because the first 2, especially The Dark Knight, were perfect Batman movie. At least it had great music and gave birth to Baneposting.

Pretty much yes. It was carried by hype and people wanting it to be good alone.

its a good movie

not great as tdk, but still good

>Is it weird case of everyone pretending to like something?
It's not all that weird anymore. Look at pretty much any blockbuster that gets a decent review. Are they actually any good? 90% of the time no.

>>mass cultural brainwashing.

how does it work?

>he doesn't like Inland Empire
wew

Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy is one of the greatest trilogies in film history along with LotR and The Hobbit.

To be honest I mostly enjoyed TDKR on the first viewing. It did feel off to me, but the emotional roller coaster, combined with trying to follow the plot, made it hard to stop and think about anything.

The big problems with TDKR come with repeat viewings. It gets RUINED when you start to actually pay attention.

>ambitious
>thoughtful
>potent action
>potent action
>potion action
>film

It's not as bad as we make it out to be. The score is still too high.

The plot holes are gaping.

I mean, TDK has flaws, but they can be overlooked if you don't nitpick. TDKR has flaws that just ruin the suspension of disbelief

It took you multiple viewings to think riding motorbikes into the stock exchange and taking it over by force to dump all the shares in one company and have it count as a legal sale wasn't bullshit the first time you saw it?

>That is for Bill Wilson, you fucking traitor!

TDK is boring and overrated

Bane?

How hard would it have been to add a couple of CGI bullet impacts in?

Like I said, it felt off, but it's a different kind of experience when you're watching a movie for the first time in a theatre. You don't have time to focus on any one specific detail (unless it makes up a huge portion of the plot).

What if Masketta was on drugs?

you sound like you have an iq of 80

87% is certainly too high, but bad choreography and clunky dialogue don't make a movie automatically "bad".
The cinematography and the set pieces are still pretty impressive.

You weren't even aware of half of it's flaws until you started shitposting about it here to oblivion.

>>You weren't even aware of half of it's flaws until you started shitposting about it here to oblivion.
Sorry Nolan, but I was sat there in cinema thinking 'what the fuck is this shit?'
The plot holes are fucking awful and take you out of the movie completely.

At least I'm being honest about my viewing experience, unlike you.

BRUTAL FUCKING MURDER

Dark Knight Rises was tedious, tonally inconsistent, and didn't make any fucking sense in terms of character motivation and behavior. But it had charismatic actors and cool vehicles and people liked it. I went with some friends and my lady and they walked out saying they thought it was really good. I was thinking holy shit I hated that movie so god damn much but I didn't bother to argue with them, because hey they had fun and what's the point? Bottom line is, people have low standards for entertainment. Critics know this and they don't want to trash movies that people love so they write those dumb "hey it's a great popcorn movie turn your brain off" reviews. That's how you get 90% for a bad movie.

>charismatic actors
You had Tom Hardy hamming it up. That was fun in its own way. Everyone else is just plain bad.

You're saying Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Joseph Gordon Levitt are not charismatic actors? Come on now

It's actually not that bad.

Better story than anything Marvel has made recently for sure. The only reason it gets shit on endlessly is because of muh bane muh plane scene. I'm willing to bet that a good amount of the posters here haven't even scene the damn movie.

>Gary Oldman
Ok he's good
>Michael Caine
He always talked a retard in these movies. Could never understand what the fuck he was saying. He's the worst Alfred easily.
>Morgan Freeman
Morgan Freeman isn't charismatic. That isn't to shit on your nostalgia for his old movies.
>JGL
Really dude? Of course he isn't charismatic.

Well you asked, I told you the answer. If you didn't want to know it you shouldn't have asked.

I didn't ask you anything. I said Tom Hardy was the only one with charisma and then you maskedmesump.

>Marvel
Can you people go 1 cape thread without desperately going "a-a-a-actually the other company is worse!". They're both shit and both are lapped up as cinematic genius.