"This week, China’s Sunway TaihuLight officially became the fastest supercomputer in the world. The previous champ...

"This week, China’s Sunway TaihuLight officially became the fastest supercomputer in the world. The previous champ? Also from China. What used to be an arms race for supercomputing primacy among technological nations has turned into a blowout. The Sunway TaihuLight is indeed a monster: theoretical peak performance of 125 petaflops, 10,649,600 cores, and 1.31 petabytes of primary memory."

how can white people's supercomputers even compare?

wired.com/2016/06/fastest-supercomputer-sunway-taihulight/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WYD1nOI6qV4
youtube.com/watch?v=mrR-64PrrGo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Wave_Systems
barackobama.com/lgbt-equality/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Could you render Gabe Newell with that computer?

meanwhile chinese people work in factories for 1 bowl of rice/day

Yet it runs on Linux. American software.

will that help steal ideas before someone else invents them?

what's the point? We switched over to cloud computing here. Why put all the bits in the same box? What if the power goes down?

having a fast computer doesn't help if you don't know how to write code

Isn't everyone researching into quantum computing instead?

"petaflop" sounds like some retarded skate-trick

This

>Linux.
>American software.
>kek

Linus Benedict Torvalds is Finnish, kid.

No he's not. He became American in 2010.

Go Google it if you don't believe me.

Super computing is about power efficiency these days. If you want to make it economically worth while to do research they must be efficient.

East asians are smarter than Europeans, thats a fact. Now that we live in the age of lovey-dovey (ty america) we cannot invade them anymore. We are fucked but Sup Forums still thinks that subhuman mudslimes are our biggest enemy

>125 petaflops
It's actually 329 petaflops, but only 125 petaflops calculates correctly.

We'll need to reroute power from several subsystems to handle that kind of computational load. ETA 30 minutes.

>if you migrate here, you are automatically an american since birth

this meme needs to end

There are over a billion chinks. They are about 60% of the world's population.

Whites are only about 10% of the world's population.

Do the math.

if you migrate here you're an american you stupid fucking redneck retard. american isn't a race. it's a nationality which can be switched at any time

That doesn't mean he isn't also finish.

>whites shit on asians
>pol goes muh dick
>asians shit on whites
>pol goes WE WUZ SCIENTISTS N SHIEETT

gweilos truly are the niggest

Oh fucking hell, this thread.

The US will have, in deep bunkers, in the countless thousands of miles of underground bases, computers which would make this chinese computer look like a Commodore 64.

Anyone who doubts the power of technology that the US can wield is a moron.

Stealth in the 1970s. Think about that. Over 40 years ago, aircraft that even today is amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=WYD1nOI6qV4

>countless thousands of miles of underground bases

keep telling yourself that. china has more resources than the US does and can therefore make bigger and better computers.

I suppose underground computers can't get blown up in unfortunate giant fireballs...

I did it. I found our dumbest citizen.

>2010
So 20 years after he wrote it.
Drink bleach.

they use toothpaste made out of roaches

build a quantum computer and then we can talk :^)

they're 20% dude

Stop trying to steal our heroes, you fucking burger homo.

You've still got the guy from the hydraulic press channel.

youtube.com/watch?v=mrR-64PrrGo

While USA has....

Black Lives Matter

>leaf

CS PhD candidate here. Supercomputer is a meaningless word. If google networked more of it's servers together they could have the most powerful "supercomputer". The future is in quantum computing, in which the US handily eclipses all competitors.

Doesn't Canada build the only quantum CPU?

I mean, we're basically cold California with less political autonomy, but still.

As usual, chinks always fighting the last war.

We going down together brother

barackobama.com/lgbt-equality/

what if the net goes down

It was designed to withstand a nuclear war.

The internet?
Because as soon as there's a lightning storm nearby mine goes out, so I find that incredibly hard to believe

As a whole. Not your internet.

The age of the chink is coming

What race do you have to be to be American?

And don't say white, that's not a race

>Chinese will never accept you into their society, no matter how well you learn mandarin and chinese etiquette
Why even live?

Where the fuck in the netherlands do you live?
I've never seen internet go out due to lightning over here.

Technically they are doing it for a combination of security and propaganda.

If you think the TAO haven't dipped their dicks into that network though you're probably wrong - as for the propaganda side it's pretty important for some chink to be able to say "we have the fastest computer in the world".

HPC people would disagree with you - if you don't see the advantages of having a single physical network of computers with fabric interconnects and consistent latency then you've never had to work on really hard scientific problems with computers as your main tool.

Until we have secure, low-latency distributed computing networks we won't be able to match what a supercomputer can do. Botnets != HPC

>Bruce Jenner became a woman
>A woman has won golden medals in mens events.
No, I don't think that's how this works.

Whatever nigger. Today "Supercomputers" are just sequences of regular high-end CPUs tied together. The race to make each individual CPU stronger ended around the year 2000 when we realized that heat absorption became the primary concert for faster, more complex clock cycles. In other words, CPUs in the modern age are limited by the materials we have available to build them, not any new processing techniques, except of course for Quantum Computing and the cutting edge for QC is located squarely in Silicon Valley.

Which is staffed mostly by asians and indians at this point anyway, so there you go.

The only functioning quantum CPU is Canadian.

kek yes

we're working on telepathy and soon we'll be able to steal the ideas the moment you think of them

yes it is buckle up nig nog

Go, go forward my Han brethren!

>as soon as there's a lightning storm nearby mine goes out
your entire country was designed to flood

This still doesn't solve the nigger problem.

So literally what I said then right? If Google just networked more of it's computers together they could have the most powerful supercomputer. It's not some major accomplishment. The number of problems that require the level of computation you talk about are innumerable, but the future is not in throwing more CPUs at it.

How much WoW gold can they farm with it?

>it needs that many cores because most are faulty or don't even fit the hardware and are sitting in a storage room labeled "Auxiliary CPUs" that has an important-looking but empty and purposeless techno pipe running between it and the housing of the computer
>the flops are being misreported by scam cores that give a higher number than what's actually happening, like the fraud flash memory cards/sticks you find on eBay

>Still invented by an Asian

>Google what a supercomputer actually does
>Can't even get a straight answer because every site just goes on into an autistic rant about "DA SPEED" and costs

Is this like the space race but with no actual end goal in mind? Just seems like mindless spending for the sake of spending and chest thumping. I'm more impressed with China trying to build underwater utopias than their stupid ass supercomputers.

Simulating things in materials science. Useful for things like optimizing the design of an engine, nuclear reactor, computer components.

>located squarely in Silicon Valley.
Keep dreaming.

Just because you're not the brightest fellow and don't understand something it does not diminish the importance of it.

So is there something these countries are trying to achieve by improving these supercomputers? I'm assuming those things you listed are already possible so what's next?

Allegedly China is using them for simulating nuclear weapons.

It's an ongoing process. There are always new problems in materials sciences to take a crack at. Being able to do more faster requires more powerful computers. This brings down the cost so that more work can get done that otherwise would not have been optimized or attempted at all.

It's extremely important for industry to remain competitive.

Proteing folding models.

Thanks, way more informative than 10 minutes on google.

Quantum Computing is a fucking meme.

Never going to be useful

Also, in this case, a big part is removing dependence on american products for these things to avoid industrial tampering and embargoes.
For instance, the US doesn't like people simulating nukes, so they might ban exports of certain chips to you if that's what they think you use them for.
If China has its own chip design and its own fabs, the US can do little to stop them.

Not unless they make some major breakthrough.
Also, the D-wave thing is not a general purpose quantum processor.
It's made for a specific problem.
Unless they make the required breakthroughs, quantum computing will be limited to extremely expensive special purpose devices that only solve one specific problem.

Who cares gooks still have 2 inch micropenises

>muuh penis meme

Well, BBCs are cucking you hard.

>BBCs are cucking you hard

But that's wrong you fucking shitskin/gook or whatever you are

>Carl Sagan +1

>Greece
>being this much in denial

I guess paying debts too hard, will also fuck you up mentally.

Meanwhile Europe and America is being flooded by low iq shitskin migrants that are ruining their societies, national unity and economy.

China has had a 7% GDP growth for the last ten years. We can laugh at them now but in 10 years they will be strongest superpower in the world.

Right now they are the most powerfull country in Asian and they are strenghtening relations with Russia, India and Iran while modernizing their army and navy.

Korea and Japan and declining because of their low birth rates and therefore weakening economy which will allow China to expand massively.

TINY

I believe many US supercomputers are used for weather prediction and simulations. I'm not entirely sure what the Chinese will use theirs for.

>Also because we can

muh dick

How can Greeks even compete with Chang Longwang

It's the gooks who are insecure with their tiny dicks and are engaged in a dick measuring contest to compensate

>Fastest train
>Tallest structure
>Longest tunnel
>Longest railway tunnel
>Longest bridge
>Longest arch bridge
>Longest aquaduct
>Fastest supercomputer

etc

tfw you are using the same logic trannies use to rationalise their degenerate behaviour

Fillipinos lust after white dick so hard its scary.

Chinese do too.

>>I'm not entirely sure what the Chinese will use theirs for.
Brute forcing hashes and cryptographic keys. Missile trajectory. Or perhaps a measurement of my penis!

>Or perhaps a measurement of my penis!

it may be a supercomputer but that doesn't mean it can divide by zero.

I hope you realize how ironic your post is.