The People vs OJ Simpson

Are these two the biggest retards in the history of all mankind?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LAE-XteP4d8
youtube.com/watch?v=Sjf6NAOoe5Q
dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1061
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Badadaaadadadadabadadaaadadabadadaaada

For not understanding the social climate of LA only 3 years after the riots? Yes

Yes, if you include all of the police involved with the case as well. I would have honestly voted not guilty if I were on that jury as well. The bit where Mark Furhman was straight up asked 'Did you plant evidence?" and all he could do was sit there and plead the fifth would have pretty much ruined any criminal case. Add that to the fact that the OJ defense team was basically the legal equivalent of the fucking Avengers and it's really no wonder why he beat the charges.

I agree with all of this, but it's still absurd that a case that was so obvious ended up in an easy acquittal. So much DNA evidence...though Scheck fucked their forensics guys so hard (the real life questioning was as brutal as in the show).

Those are actors though.

OJ was covering for his son, thats why the DNA was a partial match while the glove didn't fit him.

Also the officer pleading the fifth when asked if he planted evidence is reason enough for any jury to say not guilty.

>>not their boss

once I realized that the show basically was just "oppression Olympics" where women, jews and black guys basically try to out play them on who get´s oppressed the most while the white men has to stand back and fix their bullshit I couldn´t stop laughing

now I know that the makers of the show are giant sjws and that wasn´t they were going for which made it all the more funnier

All actors are retarded, that's why they pretend to be people that contribute to the world, rather than actually contributing to the world themselves.

OJ didn't do it and it was most likely a sloppy hit man, I hope he gets released this year,.

>the show basically was just "oppression Olympics" where women, jews and black guys basically try to out play them on who get´s oppressed the most while the white men has to stand back and fix their bullshit

tell us how are you contributing to the world ?

Are you singing the theme song?

if you wouldn't vote not guilty you are racist

If you haven't seen this you really need to

If he didn't plead the 5th the prosecution would have torn him to shreads by asking questions all about his tapes and his racist comments from the past

I work in a healthcare profession and I help people on the reg.

>It's a people think the 5th Amendment means you get to pick and choose which questions you do and don't answer episode

The gloves were his, OJ said in his book that they had shrunk when left out in the sun but "if he did it" he still would have worn them

Mr. Simpson, your opening statement.

It's not?
But if you have the right to remain silent, and you also have the right to free speech, then why can't you pick and choose?

Statement.

What would be the point of cross-examination ever if you can pick and choose what questions you answer?

You either answer all their questions or you answer none. Fuhrman chose none, and the prosecution exploited that very tactically. That doesn't mean he planted the glove.

OJ is a winner, the state is run by losers

youtube.com/watch?v=LAE-XteP4d8

Was he a good judge?

youtube.com/watch?v=Sjf6NAOoe5Q

Europoor here so I dont really understand the american court system, but if some dude killed somebody in the middle of times square with hundreds of witnesses and video footage, can he still go out free if the jury decides he's innocent?

Yes, and it's the English court system

What was the meaning of the scene where all the jurors strutted in wearing black? They didn't build up to it.

If the jury decides he is NOT GUILTY.

Not guilty != innocent of the actual happening (murder for example)

Applies even to European courts as it is one of the basics of Western philosophy and law.

Yes, but getting 12 people to do that would be pretty hard, not to mention the judge can intervene too.

Yes. In some cases the judge can enter "Judgement Notwithstanding the Verdict" where the judge decides that the jury has come to a conclusion that no reasonable person would come to.

dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1061

> not to mention the judge can intervene too.

Not if the Jury says 'not guilty'

There are 2 different system in Europe, Ameritard. Civil Law, roman, and the anglo-saxon common law (you have that, too).

Pretty sure the DA that insisted on the trial being held downtown was the biggest retard of all.

Why even have the jury then? The idea that some random, unqualified people who are probably annoyed to be there should decide someones fate was always idiotic to me.

The jury is a limitation on the power of the judiciary. They don't set the sentence, or control the debate, they simply observe and apply """""""""""""""""""common sense""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Because the jury can do the same thing in the other direction

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

>this is what niggers actually believe

If you don't want to be judged by an impartial jury, then who would you want to be judged by? Also, are you 12?

>Why even have the jury then?

The jury is the finder of fact, and the judge is the finder of law. The judge would do an order like that if the law doesn't support the jury's findings (like if they convicted someone without evidence)

>The idea that some random, unqualified people who are probably annoyed to be there should decide someones fate was always idiotic to me.

You can wave your right to a jury and only have a judge (bench trial)

lol

by people who are not fucking retarded and biased

Don't get me wrong no one likes jury duty but once you're on the jury you aren't going to be annoyed about being there. Besides the screening process tends to get rid of idiots that have no business being on a jury

>biased
The jury selection is completely random, and they are screened to insure they have no biases.
>yuropoor education

The old law school quip goes that if you're innocent take the judge and if you're guilty go for the jury.

>they are screened to insure they have no biases
so thats why no one knew that a member of the black panther was part of OJs jury until the last days of the trial

>completely random
considering that they are screened and the lawyers go through a process to pick jury members, they are obviously not random

wtf? i hate my peers and endorse the system now.

Jury summons are sent out at random. The screening process goes through this entire random pool. Try to pay attention yuropoor.

That is because a judge has a better understanding of what is meant by "reasonable doubt".

If there's a weaker than usual case against the defendant, an experienced judge will recognise that and be more likely to acquit, and vice versa if it's a strong case against the defendant.

The Jury has a worse understanding of what a strong or weak case is, so they're more likely than a judge to convict or a weak case, and more likely than a judge to acquit on a strong one. So if the case against you is very strong (e.g., OJ Simpson), go for a Jury.

if people are able to influence who will be part of the jury and who will not be it's not random. Why are americans not able to understand these basic things? Why are ou even defending this system, civilized countries realised that it's shit decades or centuries ago, yet your shithole still uses it.

All the best countries in the world use common law

We don't have jury's in Europe (UK does tho), Here the judge decides whether your guilty or not.

I am amazed by how many amerifats ignore how Civil Law works.

yes very nice, we see the effect of pandering toward a jury of fucktards.
Write a proper law and apply it.

It still applies.

NOT GUILTY != innocent.

If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit

Well at least they weren't mixing up reality and fiction on a Taiwanese ramen image board.

Also they passed law school

>There are 2 different system in Europe

I think you are forgetting one

This picture reads like a jpg my grandmama would forward me.

touche' famalam

so wait, who was in the right?

MUH SON

>liberals rewriting history for plebs so they can accept white guilty society where blacks get away with murder on a daily basis

clearly not on the show

Why was the location of Marcia's rape changed from Israel (in real life) to Italy (in the show)?

they don't want to smear the name of the nation of g-d's chosen people

>it's still absurd that a case that was so obvious ended up in an easy acquittal

it isn't though. the system worked exactly as intended.

>yuropoor are so dumb they make Americans look smart
Congrats user.

>while the glove didn't fit him
He has arthritis that he was taking medication for and the defense told him to stop taking it a month before he was due to testify. His hands swelled up and what do you know, the gloves did not fit.

As usual the defense did not do their homework and did not ask about that.

>the show basically was just "oppression Olympics"

I thought the show made pretty clear that the American public are the biggest retards in the history of mankind.

> thumbnail
Is this some Animorphs I missed

>if the jury decides he's innocent
When you appear for jury duty you are informed that you the jury are to determine the facts of the case.

We aren't returning our opinion, we are settling a matter of fact because our law system predates YouTube as does yours. We are literally, not figuratively, determining what happened and unless the judge sets aside our verdict that's the truth of the matter. Until, of course, it's appealed.

>You can wave your right to a jury and only have a judge (bench trial)

This is how Japan operated until the early 2000s which is why Ace Attorney uses bench trials (and why the localization had to come up with an excuse of a giant backlog of criminal cases to eliminate jury trials).

The fact that criminal trials in Japan are now jury trials was only briefly acknowledged in the final case of an AA game before being forgotten again.

>NOT GUILTY != innocent
and then there's Scotland with its most wonderful MURDER NOT PROVEN verdict which is essentially a verdict delivered against the prosecution, not the defendant.

It did, but it also made it clear that the LAPD was pretty god damn retarded. They really did make some insane mistakes.

What's it about?

It's a document about 60s to 90s America

thanks Sup Forums your opinions are really important

yeah this show made him look just as guilty as he really is, but nice try Sup Forums

Why did that black man betray his race by going against The Juice?

>the riots

It was a big deal, I remember. That's just American now. Crazy...

>when F Lee Baily is grilling Furhman over his use of the word 'nigger'
"YES I USE THE WORD NIGGER AND I HOPE THIS NIGGER GOES TO JAIL"

Jury nullification = We know he did it and we don't care.

>watching this with my gf
>suddenly pic related
>begin to chuckle nervously
>"what's wrong user"?

fuck you Sup Forums and fuck your cuck-meme

I had jury duty a few years ago, and when asked about police officers some guy started trying to debate the judge about how evil cops are. Not sure if he genuinely wanted to argue or if he just wanted to get out of jury duty, because he was obviously screened out after that

Fuck off nigger

Autism

France does for criminal offences

i've watched 5 episodes so far.

>O.J.'s kids have yet to be seen on screen except for 2 seconds where the cop was clearing the house
>they've put the kardashian kids and kris jenner on about 10 fucking times already

it's hilarious but i don't know why i expected anything different from ryan murphy.

OJ never testified and the defense had no idea they were going to ask him to try to put on the gloves. any source for that?

Once F. Lee Bailey performed that cross examination, they were doomed.

No.

The prosecutors were irrelevant.

Fuhrman was irrelevant.

The fucking glove was irrelevant.

The niggers on the jury would have NEVER found him guilty. The trial was a colossal waste of time.

It kinda makes sense since they wanted to argue he was physically incapable of doing it, but a fitness tape he made put an end to that idea.

YES!!! And watch OJ made in America to really see how fucking stupid they were.

>The niggers on the jury would have NEVER found him guilty.
They needed black people to be the ones to send OJ to prison because otherwise there would be riots again.

true though, i didn't watch people vs oj but i did watch oj made in america (great documentary). And the fact that there was a black panther member in the judges was ridiculous enough.

I'l stick to my civil law, thank you