Why wasn't it enough for him to humiliate Eli?

Why wasn't it enough for him to humiliate Eli?

Why did he have to murder him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cHuSRHxBgUg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why wasn't it enough for him to kill Eli?

Why did he have to drink up his milkshake?

Because Baptism scene "I'VE ABANDONED MY SON"
After the services he whispers something to Eli and Eli's face drops. It was most likely a promise he would kill him.

There is no reason. The movie is just incoherent and random. That scene can not be understood, it has no meaning. They included it so that you try to understand it, fail and then come to the conclusion that it must be a masterpiece because it's so deep that you don't understand it.
That's the reason only pretentious idiots like this movie.

Pleb answer is that Plainview represents the Id and Eli the Ego. Patrician answer is that TWBB is PTA's self portrait of his alcoholism's influence on his film-making.

How did he know that Eli didn't like his twin?

Because Eli didnt like anyone?

because the end of capitalism will be brought by the death of dogma.

>movie doesn't hold my hand and explain every single plot point and every characters motives therefore it is just random nonsense pretending to be intelligent entertainment

you are one dumb cunt

Was an accident.

autism

He said he was going to eat him, like how Christians eat their god. Daniel proclaimed himself to be the Third (and presumably final) Revelation, so it was the apocalypse for Eli.

i know this is bait but i'm dead sure someone out there unironically believes it

fuck off

are you the same nigger who complained about Manchester by the Sea being "pointless"

Wasn't Paul Dano in this movie? Classic...

You still can't answer OP's question and you have no arguments, just baseless insults. I feel sorry for you.

whoa there Trotsky

he was a man that hated people and only cared about rising above everyone

at the end, he is rich, old and drunk, there's nothing else for him to win, but suddenly Eli appears in his house, the religious retard he always hated so he humiliates him and kills him, at this point of his life, it's the only victory he can have, he's an ambitious psychopath

also, the title says there will be blood so..

there is no such thing as a literal translation to a film like this, nothing is explained and anyone can make any translation they want and cannot be disproved if it fits the narrative

it really was a mess. I honestly believe the director had no idea what he was doing. There basically are no characters, everything happening is completely random. I wouldn't call it pretentious, just really simple and childish. Not a very good movie desu senpai

this desu senpai
baka white filmmakers

Daniel is the embodiment of "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose."

Him murdering is probably revenge for what Eli made him say and the next logical leap with how he lives his life.

>I don't have an answer, so I will present an ambiguous statement that seems deep, but really, I'm just an idiot.

You are a bit like Eli really. I would happily be your Plainview.

Daniel killed Eli, simply because he was a consistently pretentious little cunt, and Daniel wanted to bash his fucking skull in after everything that had transpired.

Discuss.

youtube.com/watch?v=cHuSRHxBgUg

/our guy/

i like this explanation

It's a movie about the old US (a snake oil salesman) and the new US (an actual oil salesman).
Haven't the US continued to kill for oil ever since?

He didn't. it was all le in his head lol

>guaranteed (you)s

go back to watching anime, stupid manchild

>That scene can not be understood

Woman pls go

I empathized strongly with Plainview, I guess I'm an edgelord

because he wasn't his twin.

you have no idea what you're talking about

and you don't understand what the word subtle means.

Because capitalism is the death of Christianity.