Norway is only rich because of the oil

No comment.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita#1.E2.80.932003_.28Maddison.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nortraship
data.oecd.org/inequality/poverty-rate.htm
aftenposten.no/okonomi/i/jPRzw/OECD-Innvandrerne-i-Norge-lonner-seg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're the Venezuela-lite of europe

Your estimates are nonsense.

That's wrong, and it only shows periods when Norway had recessions. Typical Canadian.

it's really remarkable how poland was so fucked up by the second world war that it shifted hundreds of miles west

so you are saying some colored inforgraph is more accurate and the more detailed estimation picked precisely the dates when norge was in recession

>That's wrong,
No your Bairoch guesstimates are nonsense.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita#1.E2.80.932003_.28Maddison.29

le german saviours of the white race

>Norway has lower GDP per capita than Italy in 1973 but somehow higher in 1938.

I have PhD in Finance, i know what i'm talking about.

Paul Bairoch.Contrary to most other estimates on this page, the GNP (PPP) per capita is given here in 1960 US dollars. Unlike Maddison, Bairoch allows for the fluctuation of borders, basing his estimates mostly on the historical boundaries at the given points in time.

We are talking about real value, not fluctuating debt value.

That means God loves you, you and the Saudis.

Really makes you think

>I have PhD in Finance
So what?

>Unlike Maddison, Bairoch
makes up numbers that suit your memes.

Oilnigger BTFO

We are going to abandon our taxes in a couple of years.

the great state of Pennsylvania was the first place on earth to have oil well drilling and petroleum extraction, clearly His grace first fell to us

>I've been exposed
>quickly let's post leaf memes

>have PhD in Finance, i know what i'm talking about
So that's what they call a neet in Norway now?

STOP POSTING! I am right, it is real verdi!

That doesn't count, Norway was white back then and full of crime

so some of the swedish GDP is included in yours because historically jamtland and bohuslan was yours

im sorry but you are a hack

It only lives Norwegians there, it's our clay.

best thread in a while, you really live off oil though

it's our clay but I don't want it back. not Iceland or Greenland either. Norway is perfect as it is now. we don't need more poor swedes to feed

I wonder how the hell Russia can be such an inept country.

middle east tier

delete this please

Oy vey, that's Saudi Arabia

we have never claimed to be white anyway

Norway didn't take part in WWI and their economy wasn't as severely hit during WWII as most other European countries, so it's not very surprising their GDP per capita was high in the 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s, but later passed by more complex economies.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nortraship

I don't understand your post. Look at my numbers. They contradict OP's nonsense. I was being sarcastic.

Better map

I don't see how your numbers from 1973 contradict OP's numbers from 1938.

I would hate to fucking live in Norway. Sweden, sure. Finland, sure. But Norway is fucking hell.

You literally have specific type of bread because of the taxes that poor people can buy. The whole "HEHE NORWAY IS THE BESST XDDD" meme is so blown out of proportion.
Norwegians spend most of their money on taxes that go to fund sand niggers on your welfare.

Why work when you can just go on welfare? Also, you do not earn enough to keep up with your taxes, norway actually has a lot of poor people.

Universities are all run by marxists, you don't even have to try to pass, you'll just pass.

Just wow

What do want to do is work in Norway and live in Sweden.

You'd save a shit ton on groceries and rent and get a big pay rise.

>You literally have specific type of bread because of the taxes that poor people can buy.
What?

Bairoch estimate for 1938 gives an estimate of $1298 to Norway and $551 to Italy. Nationmaster 's numbers for 1973 are $10409 and 10229 respectively. Was there an economic boom in Italy between 38 and 73 that would justify growth that was more than double that of Norway? Either way it's a joke and I'm comparing estimates from different studies.

At least we make the list.

>You literally have specific type of bread because of the taxes that poor people can buy

No we have rema1000 food stores which sells cheap shit to poor people. I bet you have those kind of cheap low quality stores in America too.

Yes we do, but with the money people make in Norway they wouldn't be poor. Their earnings are enough here, not in Norway. Your taxes are way too fucking high.

Just go on welfare. Why work when all your shit just goes to sand niggers. Go on welfare and make the system collapse.

America has welfare too, food stamps n shiet. The only difference is that Norway has better standards on buildings, no ghettos etc...

>ghettos
You'll have them soon, it's a matter of time. You still buy into the "XD NORWAY IS BEST" meme.

Your entire country is run by marxists. I was going to study there but fuck that shit after i heard what went on inside colleges.

this is interesting coming from an american

you are so stupid, my gf wrote her diploma on how to measure age correctly so migrants cant claim to be underage

welfare doesnt work like that either dumbo and its not enough when you can live off comfy with a 35hour easy job

Are you even old enough to study?

>You'll have them soon, it's a matter of time

What? we just got rid of it, we don't want it back

JAMTLANN JAMTLANN, JAMT Å STÄNDUT

delet :(

Norwegian income taxes are actually very average compared to other OECD countries.

As for other taxes, the only expenses I can think of that have a big impact on most people (that are relatively higher than most other countries) are the prices on alcohol, tobacco products, sugary products, imported dairy/meat and fossile fueled/imported cars. These are very expensive, as these are all targeted by extra taxes from he government to disencourage the purchase of these products as they're considered to be negatively affecting our society or economy. Aside from those, services are also very expensive, as all workers are expected to be able to make a living from their wage, including hair dressers, waiters and burger flippers.

Housing and food prices are average. Electricity, gas and consumer electronics are on the cheap side.

Relatively speaking of course.

>You literally have specific type of bread because of the taxes that poor people can buy
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There is no designated ''poor people bread'' if that's what you're suggesting

>Norwegians spend most of their money on taxes
Depends on how much you earn, if you earn average wage you'll pay 28,7% tax. The more you earn the more you pay

>that go to fund sand niggers on your welfare.
lmao no, stop taking american shitposters on Sup Forums seriously

>Why work when you can just go on welfare?
You can, yet very few people do. Access to unemployment welfare is hard to achieve and the government does everything in its power to make sure you get a job

>Also, you do not earn enough to keep up with your taxes, norway actually has a lot of poor people.
Not really data.oecd.org/inequality/poverty-rate.htm
and there are few people at risk of poverty or social exclusion

>Universities are all run by marxists
No they're not, t. university student in Norway

>you don't even have to try to pass, you'll just pass.
Also no, if you don't learn what you're supposed to learn you'll fail

Norway's economic infrastructure is fucking trash. They have no big industries besides oil and shipping.

*fishing

Human capital in Norway is the best in the world desu

norwegian export economy should be at least 90% ice cream based

We should export more candies 2bh. Swiss chocolate is always BTFO by norwegian brands

yeah norwegian chocolate is nice but your softserve ice cream is probably the best I've ever tasted

Eastern Europe is poor because of comm....WOAH

I want an Index Index.

See
Also
>what are made up numbers.

Was this you?

yes.
wish I took a pic of the ones we had.

>>that go to fund sand niggers on your welfare.
>lmao no, stop taking american shitposters on Sup Forums seriously
don't be delusional, you really think refugees that don't speak the language and have no marketable skills go right into the job market They need free education and their living expenses covered before they can land a job here. Welfare is the sole reason they come all the way to northern yurop to seek asylum instead of a neighbouring country.

*Stolen oil

You do know how the walfare state works? The only reason the government pays for your education is so you can get a job, pay taxes and therefore contribute to the preservation of the welfare state. The same works with immigrants, the state pays for education and living expenses until they enter the job market and start being productive

aftenposten.no/okonomi/i/jPRzw/OECD-Innvandrerne-i-Norge-lonner-seg
''Konklusjonen er at innvandrerhusholdninger i Norge bidrar positivt til statskassen, men at bidragene er noe mindre enn fra etnisk norske husholdninger.''

o fugg double trips

I'm not OP.

I think OP is just tired of the "norway was poor before oil" meme. But we were among the top 16 richest countries in the world, and clearly not poor. But everyone knows we got richer from oil.

If you invented facebook, you would've invented facebook.

>Top two richest are the ones not in EU

Gets you thinking.

they're still part of the single market, which is basically being in the eu without having a say in how it's operated.

No, Norway is has only REMAINED rich because of the oil.

As you can see from your own map, Europe in general was much better off, especially since it actually manufactured things and still had colonies. If you didn't have oil, you would have declined with them.

the fucking STATE of france
ah yes our apparent equal

>I have PhD in Finance, i know what i'm talking about.
literal non argument

>oilway

The colors in the op is confusing.
Compare Sweden and Norway in the first. Norway is at ~+20%.
Second picture
>~+50%
Its a pretty big difference.

I'm not claiming you're only rich because oil though. You're just much better than us. At everything that matters.

But Norway is only rich because of the oil