The oa

general

Other urls found in this thread:

theqandapodcast.com/2013/05/the-east-q.html?showComment=1438070585317
creativescreenwritingmagazine.blogspot.com/.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Eye can't see why you would post that

This show was bad

DUDE INTERPRETIVE DANCE LMAO

what does her asshole taste like?

The ending was just pure disappointment. Wasted so much time. Barely even makes sense.

like farts

I had this big crush on Brit after Second Earth. I dont know where it has gone

i thought it was great

its another earth dingus

stop smoking weed

>that camera shake

Could they not afford a fucking tripod?

Nigga what?

What did this mean?

even a tripod would shake from that ass

rottie seems pretty chill after getting bitten

She's an ugly witch

pretty basic dog behavior, she exhibited dominance and showed him who was the original alpha.

CANT FIND A BETTER MAN

Anybody got any good Brit Marlin tweets?

I liked it in a 3,5/5 kinda way. At first all characters felt annoying but I warmed up to them. Hap was a great serial killer. Mixed about the ending. Maybe more foreshadowing from other characters perspectives? I don't know.

I don't care about spoilers, I'm not going to watch anyways, but what is this show about? From what I've gathered it's about dog fights, interpretive dance to stop school shootings, and possible ayyyyy lmaos

Its not about any of those things. Its a meta-story about narrative. It was well done and even dancing that you saw works when seen in context. Although, much like Arrival, The OA is well written and well executed with no explosions so Sup Forums will hate it.

depends what kind of person you are.
The objective simplification of it is that it's about a crazy woman who was missing for 7 years, comes back and convinces a group of people that she has super natural powers and teaches them how to achieve them so she can help her imaginary friends.

subjectively, the story isn't that bad and watching it play out was entertaining enough for second and third viewings so you can see things you missed.

It wasn't great.

im sure there are plenty of plot fuck ups,
but i enjoyed this... what the fuck was up with
steve? did his parents just say okay, the guys
who came to get you let you go?

i need the second season. i just cant get enough of my britfu

Do you think Brit go out for a drink with me if I asked her?

>tfw no spooky brit gf

>A well guarded secret doesn't hurt u in the moment it's uncovered. It gets u days later. When u r testing the ripeness of an avocado

She really is a prophet, isn't she?

So many shitty plot holes in this show
>what the fuck prairie are there tomatoes in this stew cause I'm allergic? were there tomatoes in the tomatoes I bought you?!

>oh by the way prairie, I killed my rival colleague because he wanted to steal my research, just thought I'd let you know in case you tell your story to anyone

they're not plot holes if she's making that shit up.

If you liked this show, you're a self absorbed edge Lord.

There is nothing mysterious or deep about this retarded self serving piece of shit show. Brit Marling is a fucking retarded autist who thinks she is a philosopher.

>hehe let me just try to kill Harry outside of Dumbledore's fucking office
>don't mind me just being Voldemort's right hand man
>oh it's the final battle let me just walk away and return to my life of wealth and privilege before all the other bad guys die/get captured ok

>tfw no Bush/Brit 2020 dream ticket

Is she crazy or just constantly high? Either is fine I guess.

>someone who didn't leave their door open

I would say watch it again, but you are too stupid to understand what was going on

She confirmed The OA Pt. 2 not too long ago my man.

The ending was so stupid I was laughing for several minutes

dumb/10

>If you liked this show, you're a self absorbed edge Lord.
It's not edgy though.
>self serving
What does that even mean in this context? It's tv show meant to entertain.

how did she know to run to school where the shooter was?

how did she regain her sight?

Based off those occurrences it's not hard to believe all that weird shit happened to he too in the cave lab.

Literally the worst thing I've ever saw on tv.
Daily reminder that Marling is in the same class of self-obsessed incompetent auteurs like Neil Breen or Tommy Wiseau, but you faggots like her because she has tits and cute face.

now you're starting to get the appeal of The OA.

Like pretentious shit.

Why does any of that matter? The truth of the story is not found in the facts. What you have to ask yourself is did the story allow The OA to survive her captivity, did it bring together a group of strangers, did it allow the students to survive their own horrible ordeal, did it allow The OA to finally find catharsis.

The story was completely true on a level that myths or religion is true. The details were never important what is important is that you, as the viewer, believe.

>female Tommy Wiseau

I know but I can't help it. She is clearly intellectual (though a bit crazy) and she looks like my dreamwoman. It's hard to resist.

Crazy girl starts a cult by telling people some bullshit stories, then teaches them an interpretative dance to stop a school shooting.
The end.

>even dancing that you saw works when seen in context
No, it doesn't.

>Although, much like Arrival
Stopped reading right now. That comparison is shit, go kill yourself.

She also stopped the school shooting with an interpretative dance.
10/10 show.

It is heavily based on narrative and not knowing the real truths about everything. You are left to decide whether or not you believe the events, or whether or not any of it has any greater meaning.

The "dance" can also go either way. Did it work because of what the movements are? Did it work because distracted by "lol autists"? It doesn't really matter, it was made to make you feel emotion.

If you didn't watch the entire series and just watched the final scene I can get not understanding it and just laughing. But if you actually watched everything and still got to the final scene and didn't feel... something? I don't even know what to say.

I am not some great fucking cinema masterpiece faggot here. I am not religious in any way shape or form. I am just some dude who's favorite movies of all time are fucking Breakfast club, Say Anything, and Mall Rats. How is it that I can get this show when so many other people just can't seem to wrap their heads around it.

>tfw close to memorizing the entire dance

Mental gymnastics: The thread.
You won't convince anyone it's anywhere near good. There is hundreds of shows and movies based on the concept of unreliable narrator that are actually competent and well written.
This here is hot garbage and you're just trying to defend your waifu who's either brain damaged or high all the time.

Fuck... why'd you have to point that out?

It's not great, but it's alright and and has a couple of moments that are pretty cool. I have a feeling that most people who actively hate it are just plebs.

>The OA sounds like "DOA"
BRAVO

I literally guessed what OA means on the first episode by thinking "What can be the stupidest thing the OA would stand for?"

It's the best show on Netflix, anyway.

She's back to her old self on twitter.

This one is actually not that stupid.

She's right you know.

This post of hers unironically helped me out with dating.

If the chick isn't up for dinner or drinks then it's a waste of time.

She had a premonition while in the tub, that's why her nose bled. She told her Dad "I know what it means, now", and he let her go, indicating that she's been having a vision of the shooting for some time, similar to the way she had visions of the bus.

Do you not pay attention?

The shooter in the end is wtf'd by the dance as you would be. Then after 30 seconds he decided lolwtf jk die it was too late. How is this hard to understand? Autism?

Dance off bro, me and you.

why are here eyes looking in two different directions?

There is such a thing as hysterical blindness, Major psychological trauma can make you lose certain senses for a certain length of time. That's one of the many holes I didn't really have a problem with in this show.

How do you stop her?

Does Brit post here?

you dont

u just let brit marling happen

>muh realism

you left the door open behind you

>the same class of self-obsessed incompetent auteurs like Neil Breen or Tommy Wiseau

too bad you feel that way. I enjoyed this show tho

im not sure if she's cute or ugly
The OA was nice. Kinda pretentious, and it takes a while to hook you, but worth a watch imo. Unless you don't like "2deep4u" stuff, then stick to supergirl or whatever

op here i guess Sup Forums just wasnt into the show

you make some fair points about whether or not the "realism" of the show even matters. Personally i believe the emotional impact of the character's trauma and plight was the most interesting part of the show, even with all the off the wall stuff that happens in the show, the feels are pretty grounded and hard hitting.

>inb4 itsDEEPman.mp4

i recommend watching Upstream Color (2013) if you liked the OA, similar themes run through both

You should honestly check out the OA reddit page.

Upstream Color was good kind of pretentious it didn't scream 'LOOK HOW DEEP, DAMAGED AND BEAUTIFUL A PERSON SHE IS'

>Upstream Color (2013)
Eh, I didn't like it. Didn't like Primer either. This director guy is probably not for me.

autism the post

It was terrible.

Laughably bad at all the serious moments and the actress/writer is way too in love with herself. She talks and talk and talks but in the end has nothing to say.

The most telling part of the show was when they find all the books and are like "wow it's just a bunch of bullshit she made up and it's just incoherent nonsense" was really meta cause that's how I felt about brit marling irl writing this dumb ass show.

can you recommend some good shows that came out recently? I just finished this one and i am looking for show to watch

Not him, but I reccommend The Young Pope as it's my favorite show since Twin Peaks.

I don't know if this helps, but I listened to a podcast on Marling and Batmanklij's film, The East. I listened to it a couple of months back.

theqandapodcast.com/2013/05/the-east-q.html?showComment=1438070585317

It's from the Q & A podcast. The guy working on the Q& A podcast had another podcast before that: creativescreenwritingmagazine.blogspot.com/.

wasnt he unrestrained for like 10 seconds at this point? just strangle the fucker and release your friends

The fucker has those password protected doors all over the house. If he killed him they would be able to leave.

he doesn't know the code to get out. All he would accomplish is killing everyone.

you have got to be one of the most retarded people ever. Learn to read posts in context.

How long would it take them to figure out 4-digit password?

they would end up dying of starvation before they could figure out all the passwords.

I liked it. I liked other Brit's stuff. It revolves around one idea of subverting expectations and making room for two possible answers. Which is kinda gets old but it's still kinda original. I wish she would just make straight drama film without the tricks. Comparison with Neil Breen and Tommy 'ALIEN' Wiseau is nonsensical.

britt is the kind of woman that would visit you in prison after you raped her.

>ywn have Britt catch you fapping to pics of your dead ex gf and ask you to continue fapping

;_;

why even go on

It would take like four hours on average. That's assuming the lock doesn't have any protection from this sort of attack. It's not surprising that he unwilling to bet his friends life on this.

hey I liked Another Earth, I thought Sound of My Voice was good shit, but this was too much pretentiousness. It stunk.

on average for a human or for a computer? And was it just one door or would he have to do it for a few doors?

Get my girlfriend to beat her up

she would stare at you while you jerked off

why does she makes me so hard?

Is she a legit retard? Any syndrome at all?