Why is no one talking about Legion? Is Sup Forums just holding its breath, waiting to see what reddit thinks?

Why is no one talking about Legion? Is Sup Forums just holding its breath, waiting to see what reddit thinks?

Because I don't watch American shows.

Saw the first episode and had no idea what was going on, but I suppose you aren't meant to.

nice bait. have a you for the effort

>nobody talking about it
>thread almost every day since it started

hmmm

First episode was alright, second was mediocre, dasit

Epic

>hmmm
that "hmm" was s o cool from Syd in ep1. would be instant love, if it would've been the first time we see her

it's the eyes that get me.

great shit, more mutants.
feels like watching the xmen but with a female non balding professor, a hip compound where the mutants go to train and nazi like government agents hunting them down. and a superpowerful mutant who doesnt know how to control the powers he has.
nothing new so far. i watch it cause for some reason it reminds me of LOST.

just a question though: the female professor x says that humankind is starting to evolve. so these mutants are first generation. so why are they already so unbelievably powerful? i mean the main guy seems like he can blow up the earth if he focuses hard.

Jesus

I'm just over the x men mutant extended universe thing. The premise is interesting but I don't see any way it doesn't just devolve into standard superhero shit once he gets his powers under control.

what a fucking cow. look at that fat shaggy ass. disgusting.

It was pretty easy to understand. You're probably just retarded

>le random stuff and effects epic xD

DUDE LE LMAO

>The premise is interesting but I don't see any way it doesn't just devolve into standard superhero shit once he gets his powers under control.
yeah. sad but true. maybe ep1's last 5-10 minute was the demo for that...

Eh it was too Reddit for me

you mean you felt home?

Does Legion really get control over his powers though? I never really read the x-men comics so I only know a little of him besides the show but so far but from what I've heard his character really is insane, so far the plot is that the government wants to kill him because he's insane, the mutants have freed him because they don't think he's insane at all and that the problem is just that he doesn't understand his powers, but the truth seems to be that the mutants are wrong and that while he is indeed a strong mutant he's also legitimately insane and they are making a mistake trying to work with him.

he is pretty much in a constant state of battling for supremacy in his own mind, he tries to contain and control his personalities but some are incredibly strong willed that even giving them just a bit of freedom to access their powers is a struggle.

I fucking hate how paying off the critics to say some pretentious shit always works. This shit is barely watchable.

>i dont understand le any of le this but its le perfeeecttttt XDDDD

>randumb noises and weird stuff
Such greatness ;)

He never gets sane. He's always going to be a flawed character, in the comics the one sane thing he ever does is erases himself from existence.

Jesus Christ. The difference a few pounds and whore makeup can make is huge.

I like the Downtown Abbey guy. His take on a disturbed schizo character is fucking hilarious.

I liked the first two episodes, I like the style of the world and evolution of his powers. I remember the rules for them in the comics which, at least with what we've seen, the creators maintaining his power set pretty accurately. So there's enough with just that to fill up one or two seasons without trying to bring in more recognizeable imagery from the comics.

Though I really want them to bring in his lineage (trying not to spoil anything) but legions true power scale seems more reasonable as a second or third generation mutant

He causes the Age of Apocalypse by going back in time to kill Magneto but kills Prof X instead.

>so these mutants are first generation. so why are they already so unbelievably powerful? i mean the main guy seems like he can blow up the earth if he focuses hard.

Aren't their abilities inherently random. Powers levels could easily range.
Starting to evolve just means there's more and more mutants now, right?

i'm digging it, was eventually turned off by how hard it was trying but its kind of chilled out with that in the second episode

Isn't this character supposed to have multiple personality disorder as well, with each personality controlling one of his powers? I thought that was a cool concept, but it doesn't seem like they're going to introduce it in the show

So who is real and who isnt?
I'm starting to think Syd isn't real

She probably isn't. The whole changing bodies thing didn't make any sense.

>The whole changing bodies thing didn't make any sense.

Neither does moving things with your mind, creating portals out of thin air or having diamond hard worms for a digestive system.

She probably is and so are all those people that saved him. We'll need to wait for episode 3 to be 110% sure of it.

No, I mean like when he changed bodies with her in the hospital, left the hospital in her body and then turn back into himself (including clothes) while drinking coffee on the street. Shit doesn't add up.

Capeshit fans don't care about non-Hugh Jackman X-Men, and after that letdown of a second episode true patricians are just waiting for Fargo.

Mutant powers defy logic all the fucking time, Cyclops' eyes are a gateway to a dimension of pure force, one kid's body became a skeleton and a nervous system floating in bio organic petroleum COLOSSUS TURNS HIS BODY INTO STEEL.

WHAT DON'T YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND?!

Shit, user, it's Legion, some people in the show are bound not to be real. My bet's on Syd partly because I thought the whole body-changing thing was iffy.

desu dawg her power probably just switches minds at first and then after a random period of time the bodies switch back in a teleport kind of fashion, they probably just made it like that for maximum weirdness.

Eh, maybe. Either way Syd is a prime candidate to be the first victim of the "HOLY SHIT! MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES!" plot twist.

Yeah it could definitely go either way but the pussy romantic in me kinda wants her to be real like can't david just have this one thing?

He's different from the Legion in the comics but yeah it's been great so far. plus Aubrey plaza and the fargo girl are pretty cute

syd and that lesbian from parks and recs are his personalities

I loved the style of episode one, but the shows concept is just capeshit that will end up exactly like all other capeshits.

I was so pissed in episode 2 when the said he wasn't actually schizophrenic, the fact that he was mentally ill and also powerful is what made me like the character, now he is just a Jean Grey.
Im hoping the government is the good guys in the end.

Just because she's in his had doesn't mean she can't be his girlfriend. He doesn't get to touch her either way.

>Just because she's in his had doesn't mean she can't be his girlfriend

There's a good chance those people are probably just crazy scientologists and very wrong about his illness
True and there is that whole deal in the comics where he can literally project physical forms of his alt personalities

>capeshit

The real question here is can he or can he not fuck her?

My guess is that Jean Smart's character is saying that to gain a foothold of influence with David. By allowing him to believe he's sane, and him wanting to be sane, she'll have more power over him for her own means. Compared to the other agency that has been pushing the "You're insane, David" route.

I suppose hypothetically if they were open to switching bodies mid fuck like a hundred times then yeah.

I think most of the characters we've met so far are in his head. The original escape seemed like a dream sequence.

I love every minute of it.
KEK is strong in this one.

da angriest boy in the world

who is this man? one of the three stooges?

this dog figurine appears in several scenes.
WHY?

>the stars talked to me

it's like the combination of that old FUUUUUUUUU guy and FeelGuy memes

well he's Krazy

unreliable narrator

we aren't seeing things as they happened, we're seeing it all from hi Krazy pov

meaning that a sizeable postion is just in his head

it's shit

there, I said it, you'll need 10 more episodes to see what everyone already knows, that he has multiple personalities.

Pilot turned me off the show so I've dropped it, will wait until the season finishes and then binge through it. maybe.

I has a question. Was him asking for waffles in the first ep a shoutout to stranger things mind girl who likes waffles or does he legitimately like them in the comic?

Praise him

I hated the first two episodes, so I have nothing to engage with when it comes to threads here.

That being said, I hope its successful enough that Hawley gets the green light to work on the actual good shit

>took me two episodes to realize it's actually set in the 80s instead of some kind of retro styled future like Her

There are multiple threads when a new ep airs and the following few days.

I gave it a shot because of what a great job Hawley did with Fargo and because Dan Stevens is my dude, but I still don't know if I'm committed to it. I'm already adverse to serialized capeshit and the X-Men universe/characters specifically, so once they go full "comic book" I'm sure I'll have to drop it.

But for now I'm still interested. Syd being a qt plays a big part in this as well. Please post the dance webm, bros.

>Hyperactive! in the E2 credits

Goddamn the creative direction on this is amazing.

Kino

when does ep3 air?

Kind of irritating to watch

I get it hes crazy but all the different "dude its not real, its just a memory lol" makes you not give a fuck about the story because most of it turns out to be imaginary or in his head anyway

You're a goddamn idiot

>to work on the actual good shit
on a movie? x-men movie?

thanks bud

are you me?

here you go

kino

>pilot directed/written by Noah
>ep2 only written by Noah
>rest not by Noah in any way
well tomorrow we get a real taste from what it will be like..

DAVID

Thanks, user. You're a real stand up guy.

Amazing how much more attractive I find her on Legion than I did on Fargo S2. I guess I was distracted by the thicc Dunst.

He's still the primary creator and executive producer. But I share your hesitation.

>waiting to see what reddit thinks?
This. Like everything else Sup Forums forms an opion on, they're crafting it for maximum contrarian effect