Sup Forums gets PES'd in the quarter finals

>Sup Forums gets PES'd in the quarter finals
>best manager we've had since Torres quits unexpectedly
>now stuck with same managment team that got us 1 (one) point last summer

Where do we go from here lads? How do we fix this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gigjm4C2s5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=WTJSt4wP2ME
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I didn't realise JB had quit, any reason why?

he hates sp and is also a communist

apparently not having fun with the cup anymore. which is completely understandable, just sucks we didn't get a chance with him managing an elite cup

That's a real shame, he did really good as well and was just unlucky to get Pes'd by Costanza.
Hopefully they keep the same tactics, but get rid of costanza and LCIM

True, as long as we're still on PES 17 Twain might be able to make it work using JB's tactics. The issue is once we get to 18 we're going to struggle a lot without an elite manager

In terms of roster, I'd propose something like this

>Gold: TSUUUU and Messi
>Silver: >He does it for free (due to today's events) and APOLOGIZE
>demote LCIM and Costanza
>Add Lavar Ball

get SanMarino, who cares if /lit/ dies

/lit/ has other managers to take over, but does SM browse Sup Forums? Would he take over?

add >multiple entries

he used to post in our threads a lot

>we ended up losing today because costanza couldnt pass the ball to TSU for a tap in
baka

For the record, my role as a manager now is primarily aesthetic. I won't be in the driving seat regarding tactics, I'd do more harm than good if that were the case.

You literally got us to 4th place with a 1-0 loss to the winner and a benaldies shootout without a medal in the third place game
I don't see why you can't make tactics

I'm taking this example to remind you all that a manager has to wait 6 months before changing team. So stop looking for other teams' managers

Time. I don't have the time I used to anymore, and it's a precious resource in producing quality tactics. It became more obvious while sitting around JB, we got to working for Autumn early in the offseason. The man's a beast, and I can understand why it would be taking a toll on him.

>the absolute STATE of Sup Forums over losing to /x/

Does ESK have the time or are we completely fucked? We need the no life autism of >Art combined with someone who actually knows what they're doing

He did for this cup, and I don't have word of any issues for the future as it is right now.

Then they better get to retiring now, Sup Forums is calling

even if they retire now, they wouldn't be eligible to manage Sup Forums in Winter

Sup Forums can self manage in Winter

4-4-2 lads

diamond 4-4-2 works lads
t. manager who saved himself with that

who do you manage lad? was thinking of starting to get involved

I posted in the other thread before lad, I just removed the trip

I'm currently managing Sup Forums, my home board

ahh gotcha. you guys looked solid this cup, shame that stadium is cursed.

It's going to be PES18. Part of the reason JB gave for quitting was that he couldn't put in the time necessary to learn a new year.

Has me pretty nervous tbqh.

Just copy /lgbt/ tactics and try not to relegate.

not if the aesthetics people can't get PES 18 working by then. if it's 17, literally just copy LGBT

thanks

no one knows in which version of the game is going to be played, I hope for PES18
else, (see below)
this will happen

>Record low attendance for both teams for Sup Forums-Sup Forums

What the F*** happenend?

Sup Forums ded because it’s not fun anymore

Friday, first match, no more DST in Europe.

neckbear here

mad at our superiority ?

No one mentioned you though?

things got old

this

don't you have frogs to be posting, nerd?

Managing Sup Forums is stressful as fuck and I think it caused JB to quit.

A team like /fit/ has no expectations, and you can manage it loosely without the fear of backlash.

Nobody can probably manage a team with a fanbase that is breathing down their neck constantly. Twain was a mediocre strategist but great at dealing with the fanbase, while JB was an excellent strategist, but quickly stressed after dealing with the greater responsibilities of the job.

I think we’re the problem bros.

First match of the day and Sup Forums used SDA gold defender. At least they were fun to watch

don't blame the victim lad, we deserve the best. we're just passionate about our team

first match of the day after the time zone change for the US, most people thought it started at 1 when it actually started at 12

mods killed board threads so no one knew about it

I blame ourselves, we really ignored him compared with other management.
The gypsy got 10 times more hype, even an "original" anthem.

We were spamming SACKED IN THE MORNING and JB OUT for losing in the quarter finals of the fucking babbies.

Yes we expect the best, and damn well should, but who the fuck specifically is a better hire than JB? We had already upgraded to the highest level possible in a guy who had won the elites twice.

Now we’re stuck with somebody who was apart of the same manager group that got only 1 fucking point in the past elites and got us downgraded to the Fetus, because that’s the only person willing to put up with the incredible stress of the job.

Now I’m not saying this to shit in ESK before he’s even had a chance and I’ll give him my support, but at some point, we gotta measure of expectations to a realistic goal.

you do realize it was banter right? like maybe 1/100 posts calling for JB OUT was actually serious

I'm joining the Sup Forums management to see if I can help keep our good streak going. See you in Winter

I personally wasn't spamming any of that since getting JB was the best shot we had at actually winning a star since Dragonfag, but he obviously knew it was just banter, he said as much in the post match thread. He just wasn't having fun with it anymore. Hopefully he changes his mind and comes back to win us a cup.

>We were spamming SACKED IN THE MORNING and JB OUT for losing in the quarter finals of the fucking babbies.
The level of SACKED posts was the lowest in many years though. And nobody was actually serious about it either.

the TWAIN OUT was far louder than that.
Both Sup Forums and the smashcast chat were flooded with it.

btw, which manager was actually sacked in the rudest way?

probably >Art because people were legitimately mean about it. He deserved it though for being so shit and trying to hold onto the job forever in spite of that. people seemed pretty mild about Twain Out

I personally know it’s banter, but you realize the good managers are super autistic, right? I could tell well before the babbies even started that JB seemed he was starting to realize he signed up for more than he bargained for.

With Sup Forums, it isn’t only about the strategizing. You have to constantly interact with our fanbase and consult our opinion on everything. Twain was great at that, which caused JB to possibly feel overshadowed in his job.

Maybe I’m just reading too far in to it, but I always had the impression that we didn’t give JB nearly as much of a fair shake as Twain simply because Twain was way better at engaging the fanbase.

Bochum had the largest shitstorm on him because he survived two sackings for the sole reason of no replacement.

FUCK OFF YOU CANT POACH >OUR MANAGER YOU GUIDO WOP

As I see it, the fanbase had nothing to do with his retirement, but the /x/ match had. Like, you're so invested, you spend all this time testing, you come up with something good, and yet you have a shitshow of a match. I can understand how this may take a toll on you. Of course, I'm talking out of my ass and it may not be the /x/ match at fault either, but it would at least be plausible.

What did they mean by this?

>(You) (Dead)

true, Twain is a great asset to the management crew, even if his tic tacs are fucking shit. He's a crucial part of aesthetics and does a good job with the finer points of running the team. As long as JB sticks around to test and run point in the background, and ESK fucking listens to him, we'll be fine

welcome aboard lad

We were pretty sympathetic with Twain. He had by far the most support after quiting of any manager I’ve seen for us.

Also, Twain actually unironically deserved to be fired because we did absolutely horrible in the elites under him. I still appreciate him finally getting us out of the babbies, but I still expect Sup Forums to get more than 1 point in group during the elites.

i didn't followed much the Summer desu
But I want to remind that he's the one that got into semifinals in the previous Elite and bring Sup Forums back at the top of the rankings

Had he at least gotten close to advancing from group in the elites, I probably would have adviced keeping him simply because of his past babby performance.

However, we simply looked like shit in the elites, and not in a way where it was just PES screwing us. The strats were bad.

I think Sup Forums needs to start delighting responsibilities to multiple positions. And I don’t mean any of that council shit, but like in a way where we have both a Twain and a JB, where somebody like Twain performs the broader duties of the job and interacts with the fanbase, while somebody like JB simply does the minmaxing strategy stuff.

Can I be the next manager?

Was anyone else here actually looking forward to d3cision? The last was really comfy

Past *elite* performance

Daylight saving fucked us.

i understand that Sup Forums always wants the best.
This board has the fame of being really hard on managers.

But you guys should know that football (soccer) is bastard and shit happens.

ask TWAIN, he's in charge here

Do you feel in charge?

The real question is, when are we finally gonna get smart and exploit height abuse like other winners?

At least need to use height abuse on the CBs, that's why Chad was so good for r9k

Twain was in a group with the two best offensive teams in that cup who both made semi finals - /lgbt/ and /toy/.

yeah, and he got shit on by /lgbt/ and got lucky to get a draw against /toy/ before then losing to /o/. easily could have ended up with zero points. Having a good group isn't an excuse, we need a manager who can get us to that level

manlet fluid > height abuse

You press on with what you have. Sup Forums is back to the elites where it belongs in winter, which may or may not be PES 18.

I've seen the few posters mentioning my name with the job (shoutout to that one American, you know who you are). I started out as a tester for Sup Forums under bochum up until I left for Sup Forums. ESK and TWAIN were both very helpful to me in having a better understanding of PES tictacs as I come from a primarily FIFA and /trb/ background.

I am happy at Sup Forums. Obviously things have changed from the time I took over in that even if management fell apart Sup Forums would probably still exist as an autopilot but I don't think the board deserves that.

tl;dr I think a D3cision is a mistake and you should give your current structure a chance with JB advising them.

t. manlet

I'm not going to defend the rest of the group performance but /lgbt/ are really fucking good at what they do, I mean they won two cups with it. I think I found one of the only decent counters in my first game but even that still led to a loss.

I do think that TWAIN's /kanker/ tictacs were running stale. If you want a preview of ESK's vision for Sup Forums look at his /trans/ team.

Think about it lad. At Sup Forums, you're just a guy. You're Lebron on the Heat. Sure, you'll probably win a title at some point, but nobody is really going to care. If you came home to Sup Forums, which unfortunately has to be Cleveland in this analogy, and brought the board back to its rightful glory, your name would be chanted and shitposted along with "IT'S COMING HOME," until the cup no longer exists. People still talk about Torres to this day even though it was just an alias of Dragonfag, imagine the glory that would come with actually being a real, successful manager at spee. Plus, you'd get a chance to redeem the Bochum era. He was a good lad that got way more shit than he deserved, would be nice if his protege came back and won one for da board

>tfw I started the Mars meme after the last cup as a joke and it spiraled out of control

Mars would have to sit out for at least 1 full cup before he could come manage Sup Forums. Just give it up.

Mars isn’t in it for the fame. He is strictly motivated by the urge to see prepubescent girls feet, which is something only Sup Forums can give him.

You make good points. Who knows what the future holds? Suule is going to get some chances in winter when I won't be available to live manage. Maybe he's fucking awesome and I feel comfortable enough leaving it in his hands. Or maybe I stay on because I never get sick of Gone, Gone, Gone. To be honest with you going into managing Sup Forums I wasn't sure about staying beyond that spring but look how things turned out.

Ultimately though, even if I play hypothetical and wanted to manage Sup Forums right now:

>A person who has already undergone the verification process to manage another team must have not been active as a manager for their previous team for 2 cup seasons and must alert the commissioner before becoming a manager for a different team.

I am managing Sup Forums in winter which will start that clock again. I love Sup Forums, I even remember the first time I went on the board:

youtube.com/watch?v=gigjm4C2s5Y

because the game was so awesome and no one in my dorm gave a shit about /nba/.

I also love Sup Forums, the first time I ever went on the board was after the disastrous LOST finale (fuck you Damon Lindelof). For now this is where I am and where I will be and the rules wouldn't allow me to be your quick fix anyway.

dammit Jim

I'm no cunnyposter, my motivation is to see Cleganebowl happen so I can finally abandon the shitshow that GOT has become

I missed this, what board and why?

I can't believe the mods are still so pissy about this. I thought they'd be looser since moot went but it's like they want to go out of their way to enforce others can't have fun. I swear one of these days we should just get Hiro to allow this stuff so then they can't say shit.

/vg/

I think we should get the actual >Moyes to manage Sup Forums next desu.

Look, the West Ham thing might not work out. After that, Moyes will be in a tough spot, trying to rebuild his confidence and prove himself to the world. No team will want to give him another chance, but Sup Forums can nab him for old times >Moyes sake, and give him the front he needs to prove to the world he's still got it. The tale of Sup Forums winning the Elite Cup on a Vietnamese Decorative Wallpaper discussion forum would ring throughout the world

So petty. Was there any board in question that was getting too many cup threads or was it just a general statement?

grab Roy Hodgson after he's relegated Palace, it'll be another thing to add to his """international resume"""

But if you left Sup Forums in the hands of Suule for the Winter, then you'd be eligible to take over for the following Spring, which we will assuredly be playing in unless JB has a change of heart. In the meantime, that would give you plenty of opportunity to get a leg up on the competition in PES 18, which would likely be making it's debut in Spring or Summer. Plus, there are various other competitions to take part in during the rest of the time off. Sup Forums needs someone established or else everything will go off the rails once more, that's the bottom line. The current management of ESK and Twain has already had ample opportunity to prove themselves, new blood is needed.

On another note, Wavin' Flag >>>

youtube.com/watch?v=WTJSt4wP2ME

>hoofball tictacs with height abuse Fellaini as a gold CF

Not a bad idea desu

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Sup Forumserb_Owl

Why didn't Sup Forums run elite and muscular, cup winning /afl/ tactics?

come to besiktas

>invitationals
>mattering
user, I...

too busy running amateur and skinnyfat /trans/ tactics

See >If you want a preview of ESK's vision for Sup Forums look at his /trans/ team.

>our current manager got BTFO by the /h/ co-manager

Press F to pay respects to our Winter Cup run

This is what we should have run.

I like where you’re going with this idea, I do, but I think Moyes is out of our reach. We could probably crowdfund a different real life manager not quite at Moyes’ infamousness to run this team though. I think we have enough mommy allowance and neet bux between the all of us to get it done.

We should go and scout the actual PES community.

mods kept deleting the threads on Sup Forums and deleted the /tg/ thread right before their match.

>gold on the bench
absolute madman
you have my vote

>mfw an Sup Forums manager is literally paid more than the janitorial staff

>He does it for free

Needs to be a medal again desu

>the actual PES community
>playing on coach mode