I watched this yesterday and really enjoyed it. It made me laugh. The trailer doesn't do it justice at all

I watched this yesterday and really enjoyed it. It made me laugh. The trailer doesn't do it justice at all.
Anyway, is this a case where people just trashed it without even seeing it, only judging from the trailer and some still photos and clickbait articles?

No you're just a retard. The movie was terrible

A little from column A and a little from column B

Shill knee grow pls. Nobody is buying this movie on DVD. Go away

I watched it, didn't hate it, but it wasn't funny.

I didn't buy it either. I wish I was paid to write this.
>tfw the articles were true

It was pretty inoffensive until the last part that they reshot after the controversy where they all punched the sexist man ghost in the balls, and then I remembered all the manufactured dissent around the movie that was made to generate ticket sales at the expense of human beings and it felt gross

Why? Because of the female leads?

I watched a movie that most people dislike, and guess what, I liked it.

I watched a movie that most people like, and guess what, I disliked it.

Every day these threads....

I don't get what's so offensive about them shooting the ghost in the balls. I think it was a bit more offensive when the villain said most of the angry at the world ghosts were dudes.
Still, it feels weird to realize that the articles were true, men are indeed insecure about this movie.
I liked how the main characters were supposed to be losers too.
I agree that the marketing was a really stupid idea, alienating the target audience intentionally was retarded. But getting offended by this movie for portraying men as stupid and making fun of them is really low and sad.

I'm actually looking for people who also liked it. I hate being the only one that liked it.

has qt wiig any lewd scenes? :3

I'm afraid not, none of the characters do. She's probably the funniest though and she gets most of the dialogue.

It's almost like people are trying to have conversation on this shitty board.

Wow dude imagine that, people trying to discuss a flick on the television and film board.

I couldn't even finish this movie

It was legit that bad.
Why?
Because it's just bad SNL skits with a Ghostbuster's theme
That's it
It's like the director didn't even write a script and was "Ok, you're Ghostbusters and here's the basic plot. Now be funny!"

Every scene is the four of them trying to get laughs out of the audience.
There is no straight man, there is no cleverness
It's just a bunch of mediocre comedians trying to hold a movie together that has no planning

>imagine being contrarian on Sup Forums for attention

you sound like my old jewish grandfather

every day with these threads, its enough to make you plotz!

>only judging from the trailer and some still photos
Not my fault they did a terrible job promoting the movie. It looked absolutely garbage and I'm glad that (((sony))) didn't get a dime of my money.

>There is no straight man
Again with the gender card. Can anyone criticize this without acting like a literal man-child offended by women?
Or is this the Master And Commander of women (men will never understand)?

I thought it was ok. Most of the comedies last here were pretty much the same.

Clever ruse or actually retarded, you be the judge!

OP here. Yes, I decided to pirate it myself, the marketting campaign really put me off. I wasn't exactly a huge fan of the first Ghostbusters but I think they shouldn't have made the campaign about making fun of them. Either way I don't know if a fan of Ghostbusters would have enjoyed this. I liked it mostly because it was a funny comedy and I hardly ever laugh at movies.

It's more the fact that when people didn't like the trailer they ran around saying it's just sexist pigs. Meanwhile in the movie they are shooting ghosts in the dick and making as many jokes as possible at the expense of men

I don't get what's so bad about that though. I think many guys should be able to still relate in some ways to the female characters and the jokes at the expense of men are hardly offensive.
Yes, people said the trailer sucked and got called sexist for it. But a great deal of people actually did hate it for the fact that it has female leads. It sucks to see that men are so insecure about that.
Again, the female main characters are losers, it's expressed and shown in the movie to make it perfectly clear. They never get laid in the movie, they don't get a guy and they are driven by their friendship and their goal. I don't get why men couldn't relate to that or at least why they complained so har about "women can't be ghostbusters".

The original had modest charm and subtlety. The comedy was from the dialogue and chemistry between the actors. The new one relied on people acting whacky slapstick humor. Nobody acted outrageous in the original and most of the humor came from the idea that 4 regular guys had the crazy job of catching ghosts. The new one was like "hey look at these really funny people talking and acting in ways nobody does in real life catching ghosts!" For me it was the opposite of what made Ghostbusters a classic. Not blaming the women really, I doubt any other cast in Hollywood today could have pulled it off.

Again it's not the jokes themselves but the hypocrisy of the entire mess.

They also shit all over the original movies and even forced Bill Murray to take part when he wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. The movie was shit, made no money and even it's fucking DVD/Blu-ray sold bad enough that it was discounted only weeks after being released.

I really want to see script for this movie. I think it would be something like 30 pages. It seemed like every scene with the main cast was bad improv. It was fucking terrible m8
>that Bill Murray cameo

IIRC, the director was an utter doormat and just let them improv all the time.
There's a scene that displays this perfectly, where Mckinnon is spazzing about with blowtorches, and Wiig looks like she's desperately resisting the urge to run away.
The awkward run ons don't help either.

Has the original Ghostbusters always been that cult classic that should be respected and not touched, a flawless classic? Or was it only suddenly after this movie was announced?

It has been preserved in the National Film Registry so yeah it's one of those movies people REALLY like

Yes people were angry as soon as the cast was announced. I watched it the other day and it was all right, much better than Spy at least. And I think Spy was garbage.

People were fine with the idea when there was a possibility of a soft reboot/sequel, and probably would have been ok with a complete reboot if they hadn't fucked up the trailer and then shat on the fans.

The real hatred came when it became clear they considered ghostbusters to be nothing but an aid to brand recognition.

No, because it was a mess of a script that did little in the way of character development, had a formulaic plot, and lots of unfunny "jokes".

i don't have to see it to know it's trash

What I don't understand is why it had to be reboot. They could of just had them be another team in the already established universe. Weather that team was simply a continuation of the original or in a completely different city wouldn't have mattered much but nope they just HAD to do a fucking reboot and in the process shit all over the originals and the fans. then just to make fucking sure the movie failed hard they had to pull the sexist card

No I watched it. Can you recite a single joke from it? I just remember horrible, horrible improvised jokes that somehow stayed in because they didn't bother to actually write any.

>Sony comedy movie
>Paul blast tier humor
>"hurdur you just hate wimin"

I saw it too.

>It made me laugh

Retard confirmed.

I laughed out loud at "that's his son" when Wiig thought the old man was a ghost. I laughed when McKinnon was definitely laughing when she said some pseudoscience stuff (I assumed that was intentional). I laughed when the concert guy said he had a very particular scream and then, later on, of course screamed.

I agree, I hate reboots and how a movie has to destroy a universe to justify its own pitiful existence.

>I liked something you didn't like
>your a retard
Such an inteligent argument.