Captain's log, supplemental

Captain's log, supplemental.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g0yymzI6BvU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love the original Enterprise with it's perpendicular nacelles and think it lost some of its charm with the refit.

That's mostly because of Star Wars desu

TOS was very much a product of its time, so the Enterprise was almost nuclear submarine-ish, but things only ever got stupid-weird in the movies. like seatbelts, unitard uniforms, and fucking wrist communicators

>It appears that Wesley has become infatuated with inserting coins into Data's rectum and demanding that various candies be dispensed from his mouth.The boy's screaming is shrill, and ceaseless.

>Having torn apart the warp core and most of Engineering, Geordi believes the 'wierd noise' is coming from Data.

I know it's a product of its time and that the show really did seem to predict some contemporary technical innovations, but when it came to the actual sets did they just not really try to think ahead?
Blinking lights, billions of unlabelled buttons and even an engine throttle at one point. It definitely makes the Bridge look active but doesn't make any logical sense.

that's what the future looked like back then, though

i'm more grumpy at how the TOS crew, even Spock, insist on using imperial units for stuff

>It appears this entity, known as OP, has captured the Enterprise in a weird snare called a ".jpg"

I always seem to have a supplemental after my morning log.

>Mister Scott has has apparently 'misplaced' the Enterprise's keys after getting 'royally smashed' on Romulan ale, leaving us stranded in orbit. Chekov and I are attempting to disengage the entry port locking mechanism using an unfolded length of wire.

A computer virus has disabled the Enterprise and the replicators; water scarcity is threatening to cause panic amongst the crew. In the meantime, Wesley's 'practice date' with Data is getting weird.

>It appears after leaving starbase 359 we have forgot to fully account for the crew, leaving Wesley there as a result.

The refit always looked odd, to me - it's big and round around the middle, but the warp nacelles (big-ass, power-hungry, dangerous devices that generate the ship's warp field) are out there on these comparatively spindly little struts.

Looks like they fixed that by the time they got round to the Ambassador-class Enterprise-C, though.

Starfleet used these shitty, shitty uniforms for about eight years lol

Turns out the green bitch is pink inside too, just like Uhuru.

>Somebody has deactivated the safety protocols

what would you have done? predicted facebook and tablets?

>CIA laments how belts have become redundant in the future.jpg

Here is the captain's log, supplemental. If you know what I mean. Nudge nudge.

>Captains' bog, extramental #popnosi

>and tablets

JJ Trek is pretty dire, but what are some of the things you did like?

>Uniforms each of the 3 different main uniforms looked good
>Karl Urban plays a pretty good Bones
>Quinto isn't completely terrible as Spock, he's just written terribly
>Narada looks kind of cool, even if it doesn't look particularly Trek
>I kind of dig the little flip round thing on the phasers that switch them from kill to stun
>Klingons looked like crap, but at least they seemed pretty imposing before CumberKhan starts wasting them.
They were always supposed to be feared warriors but Martok aside its the first time I felt they truly could rip your head clean off your shoulders
>Tattoos on the Romulans have a pretty cool backstory
Basically its a funeral rite that you paint that shit on, but because their planet died they tattooed it on as a sign of eternal mourning
>All the make up and design done on the background aliens
Obviously there were budgetry constraints, but one thing I've always thought JJTrek got completely right was that background characters, even people you barely see out of focus get the AYY Lmao treatment so it doesn't just feel like Humans and a few token aliens
>Keenser. I just kind of like him
>Background fanwank fluff talking about MAKO, the Xindi and the Earth/Romulan war in Beyond
>The new main enterprise theme is pretty good

ever been in a cockpit?

among the things that star trek predicted, the most craziest thing has to be transparent aluminium

>go to see a late showing of Star Trek Beyond alone because only friend that likes Trek is too ill to go
>wear a homemade Horta costume with hand sew in LED lights to simulate the weird magma stuff because fuck it
>sitting alone before the movie starts
>three manic pixie dreamgirls that look like solid 7/10 Dabo Girls come in wearing homemade Crystaline enitity, Negus Zek and Soren costumes like mine
>the lights are still up so they see, point, come sit next to me and start talking to me
>spaghetti is inching its way out of pockets
>manage to keep cool and appear normal
>make funny comments during movie, making the girls laugh
>go out for food with the girls after, getting "fuck me" vibes from 2 of them
>all 3 give me their numbers and say we should hang out, watch some youtube fan series, go out for drinks
>wait 2 days, call cutest girl
>number is not valid
>call 2nd cutest girl
>number is not valid
>call 3rd girl
>it's a Domino's
But why? They didn't even get a free meal out of me or anything because they firmly insisted on paying for their own food. And they never even went off on their own to devise a plan to give me fake numbers. Why did they even offer their numbers and suggest we hang out just to give me fake numbers?

Will I die alone?

it's common practice among girls to give out fake numbers to creeps

they will probably laugh at your expense for a LONNGG time

your first mistake was to dress up as a horta
second mistake was to hang out with someone who dresses up as a ferengi
third mistake was to ask for their numbers
fourth mistake was to call the numbers

>Not wanting someone in full Ferengi costume to do Zek's laugh at the point of climax

What are you, Gay?

This was terrible -- they abandoned the sleek 1960s look in favor of the greeble Star Wars stuff.

Oh boy! Isn't that cool! Louvres on the side of nacelles and they finally got rid of those

fuck them.

The reboot Enterprise with the swirly blue and a return to sleek is much better, though it's the only part of the reboot I can stand.

What about any of this stuff? There were a few albeit scant redeeming features

This stuff, sorry

Not a fan of making Spock more emotional just because. But without a weekly show, the time to explore that is very limited. Still no excuse though.

Well to be fair, it wasn't "just because". He did see his mum die and then his entire planet get destroyed right before his eyes

it's a common error, but the 'warp core' is just the ship's power plant, not its engine. the warp core uses a controlled matter/antimatter reaction, filtered through dilithium crystals, to produce the gigantic amount of energy needed to power the warp nacelles. the nacelles then use this raw energy to generate a warp field around the ship, thus allowing it to travel faster than the speed of light.

at sub-light speeds, fusion reactors power the impulse engines.

Like Spock would rest and leave it at that with his planet destroyed.

"Oh well, this timeline's close enough to acceptable."

Finished TNG. Should I watch ENT, VOY or DS9?

Oh I certainly don't think its a good film, I'm just saying that it's not like Spock didn't have a pretty good reason to show emotion

purestrain poop, poop with rare golden flakes, World War Two In Space!! respectively

>it's a those darn kids are making that mischief again at the shopping mall in outer space episode

DS9 is my favourite out of all of the series, TNG and TOS included, but it takes a while to gain traction.

I'm on the last ever episode now lads. Soon I will have officially watched all of the series of Trek.

Hold me.

Fuck. Dumar just died.

>FOR CARDASSIA

I liked the the first and the third movie.

DS9,don't be a fag

>Today I fucked a green alien, and have contracted space herpes

>Attention Folks, Crew, Folks, this is acting Captain Ensign Neddie Spacegoon, if anyone knows how to operate the subspace bombardon please come to the observation lounge. And bring a mop!

Everything sucked except the soundtrack and warp throttle

NX-01 is best Enterprise.

Nice Akira class you got there.

He was a whiny emotional baby before either of those happened though

Beautifully designed.

>The Maquis are a bunch of irresponsible hotheads!

Inside and out.

Looks like a pregnant cow.

Bridge

Sickbay

Main Engineering D

Main Engineering E

Did somebody say log?

Launch Bay/Decon E

>Captain's log, supplemental.

>take a big shit
>feel another one coming
>spray shit all over the back of the bowl

Big switches and buttons that clicked loud worked for the time.

Lots of things were done for shows like this to make it practical for the set.

Space uniforms? Why? Because it's easier for actors to wear the same outfit scene to scene

Models in the 60s didn't have that much detail because the models had to be carved out of wood. Fiberglass, and mold press wasn't common.

Launch Bay Sub-Level E

Disgusting

Transporter

Still TOS Enterprise is better.

Armory

Mess Hall

>tfw that frasier segment was ruined by janeway cunt

Galley

Uniforms were good, liked the jackets in 3.
Karl Urban does the best impression of a TOS character of the cast, but the only ones who were trying to be the character and not the meme were Now Dead and Henry Cho - and then Pegg went and made him canon gay in the Kelvin in tribute to Space Queen Takei, who fired back on him because he feeds off drama
Narada was cool, Nero would have been better if he wasn't so 2D
Klingons were okay
Never got the backstory on Romulan tattoos in the film
Found the lack of traditional TOS aliens disturbing. NO Andorians? But we get an Orion for fan service. Unreal.
Keenser is unnecessary
Beyond half-heartedly did ENT canon. First warp 4 drive? Go full or go shit. Should have been the NX-01 Enterprise and made Kraal Travis Mayweather, succeeding as captain (if the captain needed to be black.) Would have worked way better.
Although the music is pretty great. I even like the Beastie Boys songs being used.
>what did you like?
Uniforms. The cast. Robocop in the sequel as a villain. The overall look of the interiors of ships are great. Yorktown's design. Even the klingons. The theme. I can't remember any themes from any movies since LOTR except for the new Trek films.
The thing is, in each Kelvin Trek movie there's a better movie hidden behind the garbage by-the-numbers blockbuster formula. We didn't need Starfleet Academy in the first one, we could have had the Enterprise being sent off on the five year mission and then running into Nero and going from there. Into Darkness should have been about Gary Mitchell instead of Khan. Beyond should have been about the NX-01 instead of an OC captain of an OC ship.

Impulse Rockets

>That jawline
lel

Fusion Impulse System

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

was that good for you?

Catwalk (Partial)

Waste Processing

Waste Processing

>Captain's log is made after the adventure so you already know everything will be fine by the end even though it's supposedly a tense episode that you shouldn't know if Kirk is going to survive

Command Center

Guest Quarters

Nobody cares you autist.

Thank you for saying that

Life Boat

lol you got bamboozled by some dumb sluts dressing up for attention
This. Kelvin Spock couldn't control his emotions; Prime Spock was a guy constantly battling to control them and here come Abrams and friends thinking that means he has violent outbursts. Any time Prime Spock lost his shit he broke down crying, not punching things. What do expect from people with zero respect for the franchise, though?
Well okay, I get that one. His planet was just destroyed, his mother died before his eyes, and some jackass cheating cadet starts talking shit so he wants to punch him. In Beyond when he nearly dies in the wreck after pulling badass duty while his home was destroyed around his ears what does he do? He laughs. In ID, Khan causes Kirk to get seriously sick (and almost die) from radiation, so naturally he goes and beats his ass instead of becoming a cold, calculating badass. Spock in Kelvin is all over the place, and it's not good because we have next to no character development in the 6 hours we spend with him.
Jake and Nog were based. Jake was like the anti-Wesley and Nog was cool. It's Only a Paper Moon was one of the best episodes of the series.
Have you seen TOS yet? If not, go back and do it, then TAS, then the films up to VI, and then restart TNG and go forward chronologically you little bitch.
Third movie being good was a meme and shows how flawed the entire series is
NCC-1701 Enterprise (no refit or any of that other crap) is best but NX-01 is easily second.
Worst vulcan coming through

Life Boat

Nah I get why Takei was mad.

An actors craft is to inhabit the persona of someone else. Someone making your most famous role gay just for the sole reason that you yourself are diminishes that somewhat because it starts blurring the line between role and actor.

Sure he was a bit of a bitch about it because Pegg was trying to be respectful, not be an arse, but some actors take their profession very seriously in that regard.

You said "bitch", "Pegg" and "arse" in the same sentence in re butthurt Takei.

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=g0yymzI6BvU

xD

Why does Geordie have the Byakugan?

Takei was mad because he's an old queen and talking head, he couldn't just be okay with it because that doesn't get retweets. He had to shit on someone trying to be nice (no matter how misguided it was) to get attention.
Because seriously, what has Takei done since Sulu? I'm legitimately asking. I mean, Shatner went on to do Denny Crane and commercials afaik, Nimoy had a directing stint, but I've never seen any of the others in anything else - even Nichelle Nichols eventually did capeshit, and Chekhov went on to do every fan production that paid in hot meals. What did Takei do except a cameo in Voyager?