What does Sup Forums think of 3D printed firearms?

Do you think the US government will crack down on products like ghost gunner and make it harder or illegal for civilians to get a 3D printed gun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_wfF9pZZlo
ghostgunner.net/collections/featured-products/products/ghost-gunner
wired.com/2015/06/i-made-an-untraceable-ar-15-ghost-gun/
youtube.com/watch?v=tAW72Y_XPF4
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/07/18/diy-iron-glock/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit

Make pipe guns

You're a jackass if you'd buy a $3000 printer instead of a $300 gun. The reason is because 3D printed firearms are shit and Reddit tier

this honestly looks like it would blow up in my hand

Obvious it is not safe to shot.

Bwahaha are those supposed to be silencers?

>he can't buy an 80% receiver an mill a gun himself

that's dogshit. but carbon fiber printers are coming plus sintering is going down in cost pretty dramatically.

But user 3D printed guns aren't registered and can kill anyone without repercussion.

I'm pretty sure they're only good for one shot. Which is probably why there is only one bullet in the picture.

I cant wait for yuropoors to use it as an excuse to ban 3d printers

So what makes them worth anything.
How easy is it to obtain a 3D Gun file?

They weren't attempting to be anything other than a political statement against the left and fed gov that control will not work in America. They were never intended to be a replacement for real steel or even home made pipe guns. It was a rebuke to the over reach on display by the left and feds. Basically a way to ruffle Jimmies and prove that gun control will fail.

Incredibly hard. You have to go to the deepest parts of the Deep Web to find them.

Might as well just finish 80 percent ar lowers cause the 3d printed ones dont last very long

Gonna be great when the titanium powder printers are cheap.

So if they aren't any good, could some crazy liberal like the one that tried to kill Trump think of using such a gun. From what it looks like it seems cheap to make (Not counting the printer). I've seen some anons post pictures of static images in other threads before that claim to be 3D gun files if you change the file extention. Are those real?

>registering your firearms

when will this meme die?

GG takes the learning curve out of the equation and puts the power of production in the hand of the every day man or woman. One of the best devices to ever hit the market.

Have you been following the news? Hillary is going to pick three new people on the Supreme Court.

>make it harder or illegal for civilians to get a 3D printed gun

The whole fucking point of the project was that you can't stop it. Anyone with a 3D printer can make a functioning firearm. Not that you couldn't already do that with steel tubing from Home Depot, but that doesn't have as much shock value.

>what if we ban 3d printers?
They can be built with off-the-shelf components if complete units get banned.
>what if they put backdoors in the printers that prevent you from printing gun plans?
See above.
>what if we ban the files from being distributed?
Already downloaded half a million times. Once it's out there, it's out there. Like a sext your disgruntled ex posts on Sup Forums.

You can't stop it.

You.
Can.
Not.
Stop.
It.

The gun itself is shitty. The designers acknowledge it is shitty. It was never intended to NOT be shitty. It was conceived as a political statement.

The goal, from day one, was to wave our collective dicks at the federal government. To mock them for being completely impotent in the face of modern technology.

Kek

This guy gets it.

>are those real
OH BOY
Let me tell you a story.
Basically those are called "snowcrash" files and I haven't seen them in many years until someone posted a snowcrash file of a "Lightning Link Template" to make a firearm fully automatic, and the classic Liberator, which is the firearm pictured in the OP.
The only time I saw the snowcrash file mentioned or used was after Moot banned .rar files from being embedded in .jpg and the workarounds to still embed them stopped working. However the file type didn't appear to catch on and the process seems completely forgotten.
Pic related. The only picture I have ever seen explaining or mentioning snowcrash.

>that screenshot

autism confirmed

this

single use barrels

That's fucking funny and yet scary that people can literally distribute 3D guns on an image board. Do mods ban snowcrash files or does it depend on what the file and/or topic of the thread is?

Great counter to gun control, will print one if I get the chance.

Can I 3D print a girlfriend?

To my knowledge mods have never made any attempt to ban snowcrash files.
Even if there was an effort they'd have to remove each image individually as there is no way to discern a snowcrash file from a regular .jpg. Unlike when someone hides a .rar file inside a .jpg.

Have a free gun, user.

>Are those real?
yeah, saw one posted here last year I think

but the design is so simple any fag can do it in solid edge

They do work. A lot of people will advertise them as "trade-up weapons" so that you can kill someone to get a real gun. They operate perfectly fine for the first shot, sometimes more.

There are a lot of things you could do with them, but the most obvious is during a gun control scenario or some kind of unarmed revolt (so you can turn it into an armed revolt). You don't need to rely on it for guerilla warfare, just for murder so you can loot someone.

youtube.com/watch?v=k_wfF9pZZlo

Holy shit, feds BTFO

Thanks user. Is there more free guns out there?

BAN ASSAULT PRINTERS

Of course not, don't be silly.

The Liberator (the dumb plastic handgun) was just a meme. The same guy who designed it also designed a little CNC mill for producing receivers. He's also designed a lot of 3D printed parts to complete an AR-15.

ghostgunner.net/collections/featured-products/products/ghost-gunner

I know this is just dumb anarchist shit but he's smart enough to have made more than one product.

Nothing wrong with information

Looks like that nerf gun

Step 1. buy an 800 printer.
Step 2. Print an AR-15 lower out of PLA plastic
Step 3. Make a loss-wax style mold by burning out the PLA.
Step 4. Make aluminum casting
Step 5. Print or purchase rest of the necessary parts (barrel should always be purchased for safety)
Repeat steps 2-5 for unlimited AR-15

You can also get some pretty nice customized parts using this method

Could you mill out a block of aluminum with one of those or would it have to be an 80% lower?

I think it has to be an 80% lower and it just mills out the middle

Why do people think the american government gives a flying fuck about citizens being armed when they could just obliterate you with a sky robot from a few miles away

>muh small arms rebellion

You are an idiot

It's advertised for 80% lowers but I know it can accept 80% lowers from multiple different guns, so it can probably do more. For all intents and purposes it's for 80% lowers.

>cop: what's that?
>you: it's just a nerf gun
>cop: a dangerous nerf gun! off to jail with you

He is right.

I think you should perfect the 2D printed gun before going on to the 3rd dimension.

Probably really shitty given that they're plastic, but what would I know?

There's an australian around here somewhere with a whole folder of DIY and ghetto gun builds.

>Australian
>with a whole folder of DIY and ghetto gun builds.

No surprise there fàm

I can only pray that they don't petition and pass a law that strips away the freedom of internet users.

They'll probably use this as an excuse.

>This kills the system32

or one of those glawk clone polymer recievers. easy as fuck to make. get em while you can niggers.

>Not having backups saved on external drives locked away in a fireproof safe

>people worried about guns
>People not worried about easily made explosives and chemical weapons
Its fucking stupid.

you realize there are multiple "internets" and the govt can shut off the civilian net without threat to itself, i hope

There will be. Count on it.

I don't give two shits, it's so much easier to make a pipe shotgun

Genie is out of the bottle on this one.

They would have to institute a full on police state with door to door searches and everything.

Even then it would be very difficult and expensive to police.

They'll likely try to control ammunition manufacturing more, powder and primers.

Pointless because you can't 3D print ammo. It does absolutely nothing to shake up societies which don't already have a healthy firearm culture going, and those that do are better off machining their own proper pipeguns than printing a flimsy one out of plastic (or more expensive sintered metal) or just hiding their actual guns.

then people will hand deliver USB drives. they'll transmit the files over encrypted radio.

Control is a mass delusion. It is only as powerful as people think it is. If so much as ten thousand American citizens began actively subverting it, the system would implode on itself. It's too big to deal with social chaos, and no amount of metadata collection or drones can make up for it.

>3d printed 1911
This is probably why 3d metal printing will always be out of our hands. Though i'd take worry to the ability of the thing not to explode in your hand.

Takes very specific kinds of metals that's not entirely easy to work with to make chambers and barrels.

Dead Drops have always been a favorite of mine.
I only fear those assholes who rig up batteries and disguise them as "Dead Drop" flash drives to kill laptops.

There is not now, nor has there ever been, anything at all illegal about manufacturing your own firearms at home, so long as said firearms are not otherwise illegal (full auto or the like), and you do not produce them to sell (though you can of course sell them, but you cannot make them with such intent).

tl;dr fuck off with your faggotry and fear mongering.

lolz the resolution is still pretty bad, look at all the lines

>tfw there's no point in me knowing shit about guns

can't retroactively make something illegal and charge ppl with a crime. precident would grandfather in what is to become contraband.

i suppose they could hash out the 3d gun files and monitor the lines for transmission.

>can't retroactively make something illegal and charge ppl with a crime

You still have to buy ammunition.

lol canada lick dog balls

You're an idiot who thinks it's still 2005 if you think 3d printed guns are still single shot pieces of shit.

Just saying.

>Do you think the US government will crack down on products like ghost gunner and make it harder or illegal for civilians to get a 3D printed gun?

wired.com/2015/06/i-made-an-untraceable-ar-15-ghost-gun/

Oh, that's me. I'm still collecting more if you have them.

If you arent smart enough to drill out an 80% lower you are more than likely a left wing looney anyways.

Maybe I can help with that folder of yours.

Neat. This is one of my favorites. I like the Steyr looking ones. They must be real pieces of shit though, actual Steyr's aren't that great.

>what is a lathe and mill
every time this comes up the person advocating 3D printed guns has no machining experience

Affordable laser sintering when?

>>what is a lathe and mill

Not remotely as idiot proof as a 3d printer. The entire point of the 3d printed gun argument is that *literally anyone* can do it, with no prior knowledge, with no technical know how. All they have to do is download a file and click a button.

Lots of people have made their own CNC machines using routers and making their own electronics.
There are also mini mills and mini lathes. Guns are relatively small so the equipment to make them can be downsized a lot.

You'll have to pardon me if I can't provide much (or any) info with the pictures I'm about to share.

But you can find the source for most of them via reverse image search if that helps, not like many had a back story other than being homemade.

We will have mass produced 3d printed guns by the time liberals pass any and all gun restrictions.

>Pitchfork gun

The perfect tool for removing filthy Canadians littering up your yard.

itll be great when they finally make a lower that lasts at least as long as the barrel its attached to. till then, 80%s are the way to go if you dont want filthy gommunists to know you own firearms.

duuuuude, 3d printers are not anything in the ballpark of idiot proof.

not even close.

your average farmboy can operate metal machines. your average farmboy can certainly make simple open bolt automatic guns. not great guns, but guns that can definitely kill people.

3d printing is by no means a simple tech. you're going to have to assemble and calibrate it. you're going to have to manage the material properties. you're going to have to work with the file formats. it has many advantages, but one of the main disadvantages is that you get 1 shot .22 pistols out of it instead of magazine fed automatic submachine guns that shoot 9mm.

How about a home made Brazilian shotgun revolver?

what else can you make with a 3d printer?

Have a few from your dump last night

pretty sure thats just a taurus

>but one of the main disadvantages is that you get 1 shot .22 pistols out of it instead of magazine fed automatic submachine guns that shoot 9mm.

Nope
youtube.com/watch?v=tAW72Y_XPF4

CNC machines are basically the same concept as 3D printing, they're just the reverse process from eachother. 3D printing builds it up whereas CNC machining mills it down.
CNC machines are more wasteful but the technology is simpler and the machine itself can be constructed with relatively basic electrical, robotics, and programming knowledge.

Looks very homemade to me.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/07/18/diy-iron-glock/

Also I found the DIY for the pitchfork gun if anybody is itnerested.

Just get a glock 17 with a smg rail, that way you have a easy to get automatic rifle

>mexican intellectuals
it was a joke, friend