Where were you that time when Tarantula humiliated Lynch?

Where were you that time when Tarantula humiliated Lynch?

Tarantino confirmed pleb

>hated FWWM

baka what a fool

hey guys what's going on in this threaaaaa-aah

Then a decade later Tarantino did the same thing. Head right up his stupid ass.

TM, Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire are pretty bad

I disagree about MD but Inland Empire is a fucking mess, yes.

I didn't go to Lynch films, I went to lynchings.

>In a way, what Tarantino has done with the French New Wave and with David Lynch is what Pat Boone did with rhythm and blues: He's found (ingeniously) a way to take what is ragged and distinctive and menacing about their work and homogenize it, churn it until it's smooth and cool and hygienic enough for mass consumption. Reservoir Dogs, for example, with its comically banal lunch chatter, creepily otiose code names, and intrusive soundtrack of campy pop from decades past, is a Lynch movie made commercial, i.e., fast, linear, and with what was idiosyncratically surreal now made fashionably (i.e., "hiply") surreal [...] D. Lynch is an exponentially better filmmaker than Q. Tarantino. For, unlike Tarantino, D. Lynch knows that an act of violence in an American film has, through repetition and desensitization, lost the ability to refer to anything but itself. A better way to put what I just tried to say: Quentin Tarantino is interested in watching somebody's ear getting cut off; David Lynch is interested in the ear.

This is very funny

well done

FWWM is unequivocally Lynch's best film.

Sasuga Tortellini

>Translation: I, Quentin Tarantino, refuse to steal from Lynch until he makes something that I can shove into my own shitty movies.

Based Dave strikes again

/ourguy/

Why is /lit/ and Sup Forums such a perfect combination?

>Tarantula hated FWWM

Why am I not surprised?

Nice one David

Tarantino's movies are nothing like Lynch.

Tarantino just copied Tokyo Drifter for every one of his movies

Another no name arguing about people that succeeded

Fucking based Dave Wallace

this blew my mind, desu senpai.

Didn't care for MD but I thought Inland Empire was nothing short of a masterpiece

Holy fuck how did Tarantino not commit seppuku or at the very least retire forever after this was published?

>uno braapo

>hey guys what's going on in this threaaaaa-aah
Uno Farto @ 3:17

This guy is such a hack. Infinite Jest is reddit-tier literature in every sense of the word.

I enjoy both!

Tarantino was right though

Except he was dumb for ever loving Lynch.

hes right.
(well, you know, as right as a 'ninny' can be lol)
lynch post twin peaks is polarizing at best.

He's right though.

MD starts off great and then just completely shits the bed halfway through.

DFW is only loved by children that know nothing about literature and desperately need a shortcut to pretend, much like the role that Borges, Joyce, Kafka and Victor Hugo had when it was hip to study them.

>lumping Joyce in with those

>implying Joyce did anything but intentionally regurgitate meaningless shit into his writings knowing people would read and study them unironically

Joyce might be good but he's still a shortcut for pretentious children, none of them will read Mallarmé or other authors that influenced him.

>le purple prose man

DUDE THE GREATEST AUTHORS OF THE 20TH CENTURY ARE SO BENEATH ME LMAO

>Borges
>Kafka
>Joyce
>best authors of the XX Century
Spoken like a pleb, even Woolf was better and she wasn't even trying
also
>Victor Hugo
>XX Century
Holy fucking reddit

>DUDE I WRITE WITHOUT USING PUNCTUATION MY STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS OH MY GOD MY NEURONS ARE FIRING INCREDIBLE

overrated british writer on par of Oscar Wilde

fpbp, this thread was over hours ago

>Tarantula humiliated Lynch?
What happened, did Lynch get his picture taken with Tarantula accidentally?

>David Foster Wallace
>No name

This site is 18 plus kiddo

this is amazing, a director that actually enjoys makings films and doesn't look like a stressed out fuck head in the process.

His whole article around Lynch is fucking great, just fyi.

I need more context for this quote.

Jesus. If someone posts lynched.jpg there might be a meme overload in this thread.

Tarantino acts, speaks and directs like a 14 year old. It's a severe case of Peter Pan syndrome, if Peter had acne and wall mounted knives. Unless he, in the future, directs a film actually meant to convey something other than "I think this looks cool/sexy" then he has no right to criticize Lynch, who can actually explore deeper themes than lolrandumb badasses smoking and being badass killers. Fuck this fart loving feet goblin.

Tarantino absolutely fucking terminated

By some overrated hack who killed himself? don't make me laugh

>In a way, what Tarantino has done with the French New Wave and with David Lynch
He did nothing with these people. He was inspired by Hong Kong action flicks, Japanese samurai films and the Japanese old masters like Kurosawa and Ozu.

>Quentin Tarantino is interested in watching somebody's ear getting cut off; David Lynch is interested in the ear.
is this another way of saying " He didn't go to film school, he went to films"?

lmao, my community college film art teacher said Hateful Eight was about the Ferguson riots. Like nigga wtf hahahahaha. Shit had me confused.

>makes a big deal about filming with 70mm film.
>decides to set the majority of the film in a tiny cabin.

Say it with me MADAME HACK!

>expecting Please Double Check This For Me Mr. Editor: The Writer to know what he's talking about.

you're dumb
you should feel really dumb

no ur dumber
u should feel dumber
go read foster wallace, he's a dumb fuck that makes dumb fucks like you feel smart, he's worse than Tarantino because Tarantino doesn't pretend to make deep shit

I just started coming here and i thought the same fucking thing. I bet the overlap of lit and tv browsers is over half of their respective total traffic

I'm sure over 80% of Sup Forums has never been to /lit/.

I always assumed it was like 50% Sup Forums and Sup Forums overlap

How many senses are there to a word like "reddit-tier"? You didn't even read IJ you meme-regurgitating sperg.

>actually reading a book whose second half is lolsorandumb footnotes
>thinking that you're reading high literature or some shit because it's the 90's and we have to buy shit that uses editorial resources as aesthetic resources in order to be post modern

I don't get it. I mean, Lynch's least approachable movie was by far Eraserhead, his first one. Everything that came afterwards was comparatively easier to watch and easier to understand. The only one that came close was Inland Empire.

doubt it
i knew a /lit/ guy and he hated tv and movies
they are very elitist and would rather be reading a book

what the fuck is TM? transcendental meditation?

ur*

>british writer

/lit/fag here, and I seldom browse this wretched board. but you guys do have the best memes

Wait, so you're admit you're just parroting memes about a book you've never read?
>second half is lolsorandumb footnotes
All three of these pieces of information are wrong.

>implying that reading infinite jest is an achievement of some sort
You can read a thousand printed pages of Sup Forums archives and it'd be a better use of your time, go and write a footnote on your diary fag

IT'S A BLACK MALE THAN

Speaking only for myself--and I never really considered /lit/ and Sup Forums might have significant overlap in its browsers--but they're the only two boards I frequent. It makes sense considering film and literature have a lot in common as narrative vehicles in a lot of cases. Then again, a lot of people on /lit/ are too up their own asses to watch tv, and a lot of people on Sup Forums are too stupid to read.

What part of my post implied that? I'd guess that it might be an achievement for you to read any book in its entirety. You might find your reading comprehension improves and you might even be able to more easily communicate in full sentences as opposed to greentext, you mong.

>complaining about greentext while defending Infinite Jest, a shitpost filled with footnotes written by David Foster Wallace a bona fide shitposter

This might be the one and only footage of Tarantino not being an obnoxious asshole.

>not knowing the difference between footnotes and endnotes

>being this much of a pedantic shithead even after Easton Ellis exposed your husbando as the hack he was

doubt it. Sup Forums doesn't get /lit/

>fart loving feet goblin.
genuinely lol'd

what a bunch of contrarians. I hope you're proud of yourselves

FWWM is objectively a good movie and the best thing about Twin Peaks. Tarantino just jumped on the hate bandwagon that critics were driving at the time for the movie. This just proves what a hack he really is.

to me
i suppose

Why is Tarantino so highly respected. Like his films are not bad, but they aren't anything amazing either. They are popcorn entertainment. A lot of people do what he does, and some on par or better.

Never understood.