Just saw this, and since the IMDB boards are dead now, I have to ask you for your opinions

Just saw this, and since the IMDB boards are dead now, I have to ask you for your opinions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EsozpEE543w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any opinions?

This is why the world needed those goddamn boards.

It's amazing how much less of a wanker Carlyle looks like without his long hair.

I only saw Trainspotting a short while back and thought it was great. Looking forward to T2, hope it's good.

I really enjoyed it. One of those films that sits with you for a while after.

Did I like it, Sup Forums?

Yeah, god forbid we talk about movies and television here

OP here. That's not the idea behind this thread. I don't need anyone's opinions to supplement my own. I'm just genuinely interested in other perspectives.

Trainspotting is one of my favorite movies. I cant wait to see T2, but I don't expect it to be anywhere as good.

Does it have underworld music?

Hope you like clipshows and references to social media.

I do not... now I am sad

Nah, I'm just being a dick. There are a few cringy Current Year references here and there, but it's not a dominant thing, and the re-used footage from the first movie is used quite tastefully.

I mean, I don't want to oversell it, but it's certainly not a horrible sequel. Begbie is brilliant anyway.

I was going to see it anyway. good to hear its not bad

Yes, I loved it. Preferred it to the original.

Yes

>muh imdb boards

stupid starter pack poster

I got 2 of the 22...

am I a numale?

>Preferred it to the original.
Why?

I was too. Didn't need it but that wasn't all..
I really enjoyed it but it wasn't clever enough, that's what the first movie was.

Kept thinking if this Sequel was needed but it was nice to see it played out after all this time.

Pretty good despite being a nostalgia cash in

Nothing special but decent, the story didn't really need to be told.
Great performances from Bremner and Carlyle.
A lot of nostalgia moments.
Weak soundtrack compared to the first.
A lot of moments could have been better written.

7/10

>I have to ask you for your opinions
>have to ask you for your opinions
>to ask you for your opinions
>ask you for your opinions
>you for your opinions
>for your opinions
>for you

I think you'll fit right in.

>0/22
Do I win or is my score so low that I'm schizoid?

I like the original dont get me wrong, but this ones central story about the characters still wanting to live in their early and 'best' years, and having nostalgia for the events of the first film when they still had their youth hit me more.

The humour, direction and soundtrack was also on point during it, just really had a good time at the cinema watching it.

18/22, nice

Decent movie, but it had none of the rebellious edge the first one did. The first one showed a culture that was "rejecting life". This one had a 46 year old man complaining about stupid Facebook posts and the exploitation of third world workers in the production of smartphones. You know, safe targets that everyone "rebels" against anyway.

Yeah but the moral of the first one, if any, is that despite Renton's earlier snideness to "choose life" is ultimately the correct path.
To stay in the culture he was in would be to consign himself to death or a severely ruined life.
He made the right choice in getting away, and T2 sort of backs that up even further with its perhaps hamfisted stick-by-your-friends ending.

the same can be said about what he rebels against in the original. The "norms" of life for the time

Different guy but the point remains, the first one dealt with rebellious culture, shows that it fully understands it, then rejects it. Second has none of that, although it's an enjoyable watch

>Yeah but the moral of the first one, if any, is that despite Renton's earlier snideness to "choose life" is ultimately the correct path.
I felt like it was more of a "lesser of two evils" situation. Renton's final speech (T1) is still full of derision. It's almost like a defeat that he "embraces" just because the alternative that he experienced has ultimately been worse.

And by the way, my criticism has nothing to do with my personal stance on the value of a "normie life". I live one and I'm quite content with it. It's just that the first movie had an authentically rebellious attitude that also helped in explaining why the characters were so self-destructive, a rebellious attitude that I wish the sequel had as well, but it doesn't. Renton's speech (T1) could be argued to have been tailor-made for self-proclaimed normie rebel youths anyway, but Renton's *new* speech was like a Buzzfeed article. "Ten Things I Dislike About Current Year".

nice, I like your style

Yeah I get that, actually.
That whole segment felt a bit jarring to me. All the other callbacks I didn't mind, really, even found some of them quite affecting.
But the big stand out "Choose Life" bit just fell flat.

It works a lot better in the trailer than the final scene

youtube.com/watch?v=EsozpEE543w

The scene where hes saying it comes across as Renton just having a proper old man rant, which I suppose he is.

I guess it's mean to be a kind of foreign remake, and maybe that means it has to be lower budget, and more artistic, or whatever. But I just don't think T2 is T2 without a single terminator, car chase, explosion, etc. I was completely let down.

I'm not sure how you managed to miss the fact that Begbie was a terminator.

Begbie is a replicant, it has a scene reference to Blade Runner

If I was to nitpick
-The "Choose Life" scene was too blatant and not very effective.
-Plot seemed rather set off by convenient coincidence for the sake of getting all the characters together again.
Begbie getting out of jail just as Renton returns for the first time in years. Spud not being dead.
I really enjoyed it overall though.

is the film about saving spud?

No, not especially.

>Begbie getting out of jail just as Renton returns for the first time in years.
This bothered me too. They could have easily resolved this by having his escape scene be a retelling of a much earlier event and by having him come out of hiding because he hears about Renton's return.

Spud's rescue was contrived, but a really cool scene, so I'll let it slide.

seems like the modern american starter pack, probably you included

extremely good post

No, but you might contract it as you get older.