I'm looking for more slow and hypnotic movies like this one. Movies where the plot gives way to imagery and atmosphere...

i'm looking for more slow and hypnotic movies like this one. Movies where the plot gives way to imagery and atmosphere. Doesn't need to have any real substance, i just want movies that lull you into a trance where you get completely immersed in the feeling of the film.

does Sup Forums have any recommendations?

just gonna bump once then maybe i'll try some Bela Tarr or something

valhalla rising

Been meaning to watch that one, Refn tends to be good when you just want drone movies so that seems perfect.

Under the skin

BTBR is pure kino

also recommend

>Anything by Refn
>Spring Breakers
>Under The Skin
>Knight of cups
>Enter the Void
>Suspiria

Sup Forums hates this movie sadly. Not surprised since they watch it with laptop speakers and while shitposting

Honestly I really disliked BtBR, but I definitely know what you're talking about and generally like that kind of movie. I recommend Post Tenebras Lux and second Knight of Cups and Valhalla Rising.

The holy mountain is go to material for style over substance movies so if you havent seen it already do check it out!
People have also recommended Hard to be a God as the best movie of this decade, but I found it not immersive enough and too boring in the end. May have been because I watched it with a friend...

Do you have a good torrent for this? The only well seeded ones on Piratebay are 1.2Gb and the only HQ one I can only get 400 kB/s.
Movie looks absolutely amazing.

Came to post. I love Beyond the Black Rainbow and this.

>Enter the Void
I heard this was very intense? I Stand Alone is one of my favorite movies of all time but I've yet to watch that one.

The plot was a vehicle for the visuals. The innocence and brilliance of youthful perception. A love letter to our world and what is in it.

Picnic At Hanging Rock

I'd say Holy Mountain has plenty of substance tho. I don't like the movie particularly, nor do I think it's a perfect analysis of alchemy, but still, it says plenty. Much of it nonverbally tho, is that what you're pointing at?

dick-lick at cumming cock

Tree of Life

I always interpreted the saying "style over substance", as style being cinematography, design and music, and substance as plot, dialogue and characters.
In that regard it holds for the holy mountain, since there isnt really any character development, of course dialogue is almost nonexistant and the plot is a bunch of dudes walking up a mountain, while the style elements is what it focuses on.
The meaning of all those things or what the movie says is something completely different for me.
Just to clarify what I mean.

The Shining

Or any other Tarkovsky.

I started this a long time ago and was really intrigued, is it worth finishing?

The Neon Demon
every other answer in this thread is incorrect

@79674587
>mass replying
kill yourself kiddo

>@
>kiddo

also you forgot to anonymize your IP Address every one can see it retard

welcome to Sup Forums

>is it worth finishing?
Not really, but what movie is? Why didn't you finish it when you were intrigued, why are you even asking and not watching?

That's interesting user, I think the main point in where our views differ is on character development. There's heaps of it in Holy Mountain, I'd almost go as far as to say it's the main point of the movie, as well as of alchemy. That'd be breaching another huge subject, but simply put we start out with a fool without understanding, and we arguably end near the other side of the spectrum in the finale of the movie. An inch from a sainthood of sorts, surely an initiation. Altho, I do find it rush and a bit bare bones, it's a hard subject to properly convey in film, or a short span of time.

To the wonder
the strange color of your body tears
goodbye dragon inn

Enter The Void is very good. So was Irresistible.

You fucked her

I have a hard time taking Ben Affleck seriously but I've been considering giving a second chance.

I don't remember, evidently something came up because I don't just drop movies. And I will someday, I was just wondering if I should give it more priority and if it at least stayed as intriguing. Guess I'll just have to watch it and find out

A rewatch did wonders for me. I still think it's a slight misstep, almost felt like Malick was rushed, but I do think it's a good movie. Not as precise as KoC in my opinion, but the same style of emotion

A Field in England

enter the void is a massive piece of shit btw

Gozo is pretty much just that

Nope. Great visual style, quite disturbing content, weird religious backstory - sounds good right? But no. It's incredibly fucking boring. Every single scene is drawn out to the point of inducing suicide in the viewer. It's pretty much the epitome of absolute patience testing wank. It's an audio-visual sleeping aid. It's a genuine sleeping pill of a film. It's so boring you'll be put to sleep regardless of the fact that its genuinely quite disturbing. No it's not worth watching.

>Doesn't need to have any real substance
pi (1998) might fit the bill. It's laughable and cheesy but has a certain atmosphere