where

I didn't get it

Why'd they faggot break her egg?

He said so himself. "You have to break an egg if you want to see what's inside"

yeah but she specifically asked him not to break her egg

that fucking asshole

Because deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Reddit : the movie

They were all doomed anyway, watch the parting shot.

Superbad

>i'll never be able to post about this amazing film ever again

Did Stuckman do a video on this?
Fuck that's depressing

where to watch this? can't find torrent

fuq the angel and fuq egg people

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=483510

thanks user, I appreciate it

Is this actually good or is it baby's first slow animu

it's on youtube lol

I watch movies in my kinostation, not in my laptop

LITERALLY REBBIT'S FIRST ANIME

Is this anime supposed to be deep?

2001 the anime.

More like an arty post-modern experiment. It's a lot up to you to fill it with meaning I guess and to make it deep. If it doesn't connect with you it will be more or less just random stuff going on.

Get out

So it has no allegory

Watched it. Its shit.

Why do you feel the need to share your opinion?

Belladonna of Sadness

Why do you?

The plot is something a random number generator could have come up with.

The visuals are occasionally good, as wallpaper material or simply for aesthetic admiration.

Considering that it was written and directed by a man who studied for the priesthood but then suddenly abandoned Christianity and never talks about it I think it's unlikely that this movie has nothing going on. I think it's very clearly a movie about losing faith. The Christian imagery and the girl waiting forever for some vague salvation that appears to never be coming is all pretty on the nose.

Belladonna of Sadness is an incredibly pretty lady-revenge genre movie.

Sup Forums has degenerated to the point where this is probably the most Sup Forums thread in the whole catalog. OP isn't baiting Sup Forums or anti-Sup Forums contrarians or trying to shittalk women or his least favourite actress or anything, this thread is just about a movie. Leave it alone.

if you were watching an art film for the plot I can understand why you disliked it.

lel kinostation may god bless u sir

thx i hate to look up the word and now IM SMARTS

al·le·go·ry
ˈaləˌɡôrē/
noun
noun: allegory; plural noun: allegories

a story, poem, or picture that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning, typically a moral or political one.

>art doesn't need a good plot
wtf is this shit? calling something art doesn't magically justify it being mediocre

>what is story
>what is narrative
or did you think plot was synonymous with those concepts?

Don't bother user, he's either b8ing or just too stupid to understand, in either case you're wasting your time.

>plot is narrative
holy fucking reddit

Yeah, I often write allegorical synopsis' most of the time.

It's vaguely deep Christian - Oshii trained as a monk or something. This is a world where the great flood wiped out everything, but there was no Noah to save the human race. Or rather, there was a Noah, but the bird they sent out to find land, didn't. The eggs represent faith (although they also have crudely obvious menstrual connotations) - empty faith, in the case of the small girl's egg. You can invent any sort of reason you like for there to just be these two people left on a dying world. But the real reason is for Oshii to show the desolation of a world without faith or hope - apart from the eventual arrival of the giant orb to collect souls and take them to heaven (?)

The fish are an early Christian symbol.

just because someone has a story to tell or a statement to make does not justify or mitigate doing it poorly

stop with these words SIR
found youtube link starts with that egg thing
youtube.com/watch?v=fIhKqaNp4Dc&t=2589s

How is he doing it poorly? Because you disliked it or missed the point through wrong expectations?

>does a DETAILED ANALYSIS of Angel's Egg
>it's 20 minutes
>He literally just retells what we see on screen

I sweari don't think anyone on youtube makes me as angry as stuckmann the fucking hack, and his comment section full of people who applaud him for "not only watching hollywood films but giving real cinema a chance too" when the most avant garde movie he ever watched was probably The Witch

Babysitting off-topic trash?

damn you're dense, plot is an essential element of storytelling. it's not about liking it or getting the point, it's about making the audience care about whatever the fuck it is you're trying to tell them

A plot is part of the narrative, a plot doesn't exactly need to have an inherent structure though so...

yeah but it's not like it's much different from any other minimalist film. From your comment I assume you haven't watched too much of that.
at least 5 minutes of it were analysis. Not much better but I've seen worse videos.

Oh, gool, I guess.

No it's not essential, it's been proven time and time again that it's not throughout the entirety of the last century, you're a dumb formalist fuck and this is the last reply you're getting

>using formalist as an insult
liberal hippie detected

People are getting the terminology wrong. A plot is just whatever happens in the story. A plot structure is what you're arguing about. The film HAS a plot, just like every film does.

For some reason I always associate this with Beyond the Black Rainbow. I love both tebehe.

>hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
This is the average person that watches movies for the plot and gets mad when they don't have an arc

you're once again trying to justify mediocrity with, "you don't understand, it's art" maybe but it's not good art

>mediocrity
HOW is it mediocre you dumb fuck? you expected Angel's Egg to have a fucking plot and then you complain when people tell you that its allegories are actually pretty on the nose and that its plot is meaningless? How can you be so obnoxiously dumb? Is it an American thing to not shut the fuck up even when proven time and time again that you have no idea what you're talking about?

If it didn't have a plot then it couldn't have allegory.

just because you or your film appreciation "professor" says it doesn't prove anything

He asked how...

Still no answer

You are dense as fuck, allegorical content can mean image composition as well, allegories are not exclusive to plot, were you expecting a plot in Rimbaud's Season in Hell?

Stop trying, he's just making blanket statements with no facts. No constructive argument can happen here. You should've realized when he resulted to petty personal insults and strawmen.

>resorted to
I was just replying in kind bruh

That would still be a plot. Because a plot is just whatever happens in the narrative. Again, you're arguing about plot structure.

I'm a nonbeliever tibihi. Not an atheist/agnostic/whatever, just a lad who doesn't care much about divinity and concepts that are above my head and wouldn't dabble in. Why do I find religious artpieces like this, Last Temptation of Christ, Calvary, Ostrov or 10 Commandments so compelling? Anyone know that feel?

>make thread about this movie last year
>no response
>some faggot youtube personality reviews it
>everyone wants to watch it

Go fuck yourselves. Just as bad as Pitchfork fags on Sup Forums

I'm an Atheist and I find them compelling as well.

just because you're not into it personally doesn't mean the imagery and feeling isn't compelling on its own

No, a plot is a sequence of events in logical order regardless of structure, a movie can have no "plot" and still be compelling, your way of watching cinema is pretty basic.

Guess I picked a helluva night to get away from Sup Forums.

Except they don't have to be in 'logical' order. They can be illogical and still make sense. Sense =/= logic

the definition of plot depends on how important the events have to be to be considered plot. Even in the most mundane movie with nothing happening there has to be at least 1 "event," even just walking is an "event"
it's probably because a lot of those films also branch out into general commentary on the human condition which is something everyone can relate to

Don't worry user I've seen this movie years ago

welcome to the reddit board
/film/ soon so things will be better

Playstation has youtube you idiot

I meant I have a big ass Led with a decent sound system so I don't care about shitty youtube quality

The images are compelling, yes, that's why it stays with us for so long. Ghilgamesh has what, 3-4k years?

he broke the egg because he knew it was empty and that if he didn't the girl would continue living with this false sense of hope

They're both slow and pretty and not about anything particularly tangible but beyond that there's not much to say. Maybe you could also say they both have pretty girls being threatened by older wierdo men. BtBR feels more about generational issues than faith but they're presented in the same style.

so interesting how Japanese intellectuals see Christianity as exotic in the same way that Christian intellectuals see eastern religions.

I think it's possible to read various different allegories into almost anything, the important thing is that the movie inspires love and devotion in the people who watch it.

That sounds kind of weird, but if you watch anything 3 or more times (which you would only do if you really love it), you'll probably begin to see connections and allegories that you never knew existed. The job of a good artist is to expand the field of referential possibilities as far as possible while still keeping things from becoming too vague. It's like cloud-watching, and fun for the same reason.