What in the fuck is this?

What in the fuck is this?

I streamed an episode today because I had 20 minutes to kill and wanted to see what it was about. It was the "Wild West" episode.

The guy is like Tumblr incarnate. You couldn't create a better caricature of the progressive, SJW left if you tried.

I could handle that if his arguments were solid, but they're not. He basically just builds a big fucking straw-man then attacks it with questionable "evidence" from dubious sources. But he makes sure to put the citation on screen to add some dipshit undergraduate legitimacy to his argument.

His argument?

>cowboys were majority Mexicans and blacks (fair enough)
>there were no gunfights because guns were prohibited in town (ignoring the fact that films like Unforgiven and Tombstone covered this, and it was a simple rule to break or ignore)
>Native Americans dindu nuffin ever good boys busy praying on their reservations
>women created and ruled the old west because... they were prostitutes?
>the inner west American states would be uninhabited without air conditioning + the main reason people go to cinemas is air conditioning THEREFORE airconditioning is the real hero of the old (and new?) west. Hoorah for science and Neil Degrasse Tyson

I forgot to mention the entire episode is him following around a white cowboy while calling him irrevelant, inferior and above all, problematic, until he kills him in the end by LITERALLY shooting him with buzzwords.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SiEXgpp37No
youtube.com/watch?v=PhHtBqsGAoA
youtu.be/1ikXim4wevc?t=1m56s
twitter.com/travishelwig/status/758907567867166720
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

heh yeh.. yeh that episode was gay as fug. that sh*t.. that sh*t sukkt. other stuffs kewl tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=SiEXgpp37No

>The guy is like Tumblr incarnate
I think that was the pitch.

also neil's LIVE on the joe rogan pod cast tune in now !

youtube.com/watch?v=PhHtBqsGAoA

At least this show wears its narcissism on its sleeve with that fucking title
>lol i'm like, so smart i just can't help it
>e equals emcee squared
>haha i'm no fun at parties cuz i'm just so smart haha

The wild west was bullshit but not for the reasons he stated.

If he wanted to ruin the hollywood cowboy myth why didn't he use actual facts instead of just dumb opinions?

I remember watching the first 5 seconds of his solitary confinement skit, and his first argument was

>it causes mental problems to inmates or some shit

To which my response was

>good, fuck them

And that was the end of it. Excuse my edge.

No one reads books anymore they just dress nerdy and pretend they do.

It's exactly the point. He's a smug asshole in the situations he brings up. That said, he's not wrong about some of the shit he talks about, though I'm guessing this episode in particular was just a shitty one cause he's attacking a really stupid fucking topic.

>Wild West isn't like how culture portrays it
Wow what an interesting and insightful topic.

I enjoyed it at first, but eventually they get really slanted with their narrative. Also, the sources used are a little loose with interpretation and some area just flat out bullshit. The hygiene one was okay, because the black girl was qt as fuck.

OP here. I forgot to mention the main prostitute is played by Roz from Frasier, and it made me feel a bit sad for her.

That scene where he shoots the cowboy with the words "women", "all races" and "government" is the cringiest moment in television history.

>watching cracked

jesus christ how fucking retarded are you

you read huffington post looking for a right wing slant too?

DUDE EVERYONE HAS HERPIES
LMAO

College humor, which is worse somehow

The entire show is him talking down to a strawman and looking and sounding retarded and smug the whole time. I don't even disgaree with a bunch of the stuff he says most of it's sound but the way he delivers it is so infuriating.

> He basically just builds a big fucking straw-man then attacks it with questionable "evidence" from dubious sources.

Yea, that about sums it up right there.

Is it true? If so, does that make it acceptable?

>until he kills him in the end by LITERALLY shooting him with buzzwords.

really makes your brain turn on smarter

>he's not wrong about some of the shit he talks about

Well, he's "not right" either. Those "wild west shows" he brings up were actually meant to include facts about the west, and were based on reality, even though he tries to pick them apart saying they were utterly fiction, when it's been objectively proven that they weren't.

>trumpcunts are upset the old West wasn't like the movies

Go be triggered on Sup Forums

>hillarycunts are upset the US is a republic and no a democracy

Wew, cry me a river

>Dude! Christmas is really Saturnalia!

Why should I trust this lazy faggot when he can't even do a simple google search?

I enjoyed the first season quite a bit because it does bring up a lot of good points, but it definitely has an inexcusable amount of straw manning and can be too sjw really often

>Talks about the electoral college.
>Basically tells the woman that it was created because our forefathers thought the people were too stupid.
It was created as a hard safety net. They're people that weigh the past and future decisions of the candidates and pick who they feel is the safest bet.

How accurate is Blood Meridian regarding wagon burners?

I can't remember the reasoning exactly, but it had something to do with we've all a had chickenpox at some point in our lives so that puts it on the same level has a sexually transmitted disease.

he's just the ummmm acktually guy just less fat

The electoral college was meant to be elected people who elected the president. The Senate was also elected indirectly. They definitely didn't want people to elect the president like they do today.

>tries to dispel myths about the "wild west"
>promotes noble savage image
fucking kek

Obvious shill thread

The episodes he has on things like wedding rings is very good. Also the one on penis

Absolutely. His video on marijuana is a disgrace of identity politics. According to him marijuana was made illegal just because of the white man's racism towards Mexicans and blacks and only that. He mentions nothing about William Randolph Hearst using his media empire to influence people about marijuana being evil because hemp was a threat to his wood pulp interests or any of the other huge factors involved, it's just racism according to him.

Chicken pox comes from a the varicella virus, which is in a group called the herpes viruses.
It exhibits some similar behavior, like waiting around in your cells and popping up again (shingles) later in life. But it's not an STD.

I hate that stupid fucking meme haircut and everyone who has it.

I wanted to bang my head into a table after watching his video saying video games are nothing but a boy's club that doesn't allow any icky girls to play. The man is an intellectually dishonest moron.

racism is how it became illegal, RWH needed propaganda to use and that's what he went with

perhaps in part but also they used propaganda with phony medical saying it would drive people insane as seen in the movie Reefer Madness etc.

Bullshit! Lite, and with an incredibly unlikable host, and unfunny skits.

Can't bear to watch it. I hope Penn & Teller get Bullshit! back and running for at least one more season.

>Fuck criminals
Opposite of edge, you sheltered ninny.

Peri Gilpin No! even after all these years still type cast, and in this crap!

I FUCKING HAAAAAAAAAAAATE THIS FAG.

He's fucking ruining intellectualism. Not even tyson is this insufferable. "lel, my inconvenient truths will rustle your jimmies lel"

People are giving bill nye shit for having 4 chicks on his new netflix show but at least it wont be like this horse shit.

DONT FORGET ABOUT THE EPISODE WHERE HE FUCKING TELLS YOU TO ONLY DRINK WATER WHEN YOU ARE THIRSTY!!!! BTW THAT MEANS YOU ARE FCUKING DEHYDRATED!

DONT FORGET THE ONE WHERE THE MEN STOOD BACK AND SHUT UP BECAUSE A GIRL WAS TALKING ABOUT THE HYMEN!!!

She must have made 20 or 30 million from Frasier. She shouldn't have to do work like this

maybe not so much these days, but back in the late 90s her voice alone gave me an erection

>He's fucking ruining intellectualism
That's a real kekker right there. Any last vestiges of intellectualism died at the turn of the millennium. Between Columbine, the internet, and 9/11, every Normie in the U.S. turned off their fucking brain. The show plays off the stereotype of the intellectual as a buzzkill, and I applaud the guy for having an informative program in an age where people are allergic to facts.

Your post is really all the proof anyone needs.

I like the one where he revealed circumcision for being a Jewish ploy to mutilate the goyims but other than that I'm not a fan.

I thought the whole draw of the comedy in the series was that he was such an annoying bastard to everyone he meets. The series is called Adam Ruins Everything, not Adam Educates Ignorant Fools.

>I applaud the guy for having an informative program in an age where people are allergic to facts
Have you actually watched the show? He doesn't use facts. He uses opinions.

I believe he was referring to the non-STD herpes, which results in cold sores, which you can get from kissing or sharing a glass with someone who has it.

I won't ever watch this because of his face

>facts
Are you kidding me?
It's lies, half-truths and opinions a good 80% of the time.

Most of his stuff is liberal garbage, feelings, and half-truths.

That being said I liked his last segment where he BTFOs "green energy", hybrid cars, and other millennial feel good shit

no, he uses soft facts and then spins them, the same way fucking Sup Forums does to things involving (((THEM)))

Another problem is the way they're presented. I fucking hate you for makign me have to watch this shit again to present you with visual proof of this horse shit.

youtu.be/1ikXim4wevc?t=1m56s

LOL! WHO NEEDS AN EXPERT WOMYN KNOW LL ABOUT THIER HYMEN! OH WAIT EXCEPT FOR THE ONES THAT DONT LIKE I MENTIONED EARLIER IN THE FUCKING VIDEO! NOPE! IM A WOMAN SO I KNOW MORE THAN YOU MEN!

>which you can get from kissing or sharing a glass

fucking degenerates deserve their slut curse

I don't think either of you are qualified to be criticizing the show if you can't even form a proper argument.

>virginity was a social construct made up to opress women
Whoa...

>be kid
>aunt comes to kiss you
>due to chain of events she has oral herp
>you now have oral herp from your aunt and you're 4

Mouth herpes just result in cold sores it's really not that bad

So, OP, you saw that photo, and still deemed this show worthy of your time? Who's fault do you think that is?

Did it ever occur to you if you don't watch things that will infuriate you, you will spend less time infuriated?

Anyone else having trouble uploading smug anime images?

What argument you want? Do you want me to make a powerpoint at 2 in the morning?
The best examples of half truths and outright lies is the herpes episode. He spends the entire episode comparing the nearly benign herpes nearly everyone has with the terrible disease. He picks and chooses traits from either and tries to apply it to the other hoping to confuse the audience into swallowing the shit he's trying to feed you.

>Anyone else having trouble uploading smug anime images?

Since the Milo pedo story broke, gookmoot has been logging the IP of people who upload pics of anime girls and forwarding them to their country's police

What an intellectually devoid post

Cold sores are gross as fuck, you nasty woman.

Found the Trump voters and their 'fake news'. What is it with retards and their aversion to sources/experts? Like him/his show or not the dude brings on PhDs in the subjects he discusses and often (though not always) cites actual research/investigative journalism.

I've only been kissed by one person in my life, and that's my mom. Sup Forums is probably the highest concentrated group of people NOT to have mouth herpes for that reason

I wish this were true.

This dude looks like the 2nd biggest numale i've ever seen.

Not even american, you can watch the show yourself and personally look up half the shit he says and find the flaws and ridiculous assumptions.
You'd be able to do the same if your chosen major had any rigor and you weren't a disappointment to your parents.

He's not even a nu-male in appearance so stop throwing out your empty buzzwords

Are you blind?

Pretty much all you need is hipster glasses and poorly managed facial hair with an unevenly expensive haircut.

>Glasses
>3 piece suit
>Normal haircut
>An acceptable amount of facial hair - stubble, not style

If he's nu-male then 90% of men in the 20th and 21st century are numale

t. numale

>>Normal haircut

Normal for a faggot.

>nu-male styled glasses
>ridiculous man child haircut
>weak chin hidden by badly trimmed beard
>out of shape
>wants people to have sex with herpes sluts
Definition of a nu-male

FAG

Those are not functioning adult glasses.
That is a terribly fitted suit.
That is not a normal haircut.
It is a horribly mismanaged beard.

Y-yeah, women are the ones being oppressed by the construct of virginity today haha

If you look at Japanese prisons which are modeled after early American prisons, isolating prisoners is the best thing you can do for them.

Letting prisoners roam freely just leads to beatings, rape, murder and criminals learning how to become better criminals from career criminals. Our prisons aren't designed to rehabilitate people, they're designed to make repeat offenders.

At least someone here isn't a retard!

>no, he uses soft facts and then spins them, the same way fucking Sup Forums does to things involving (((THEM)))
Look bud, I get why you'd be wary of that, but that's how the world fucking works. There's no central authority regulating what is a "real" fact and what's not, at some point you have to take the evidence you have and come up with an explanation that fits.

The entire premise of the show is that Adam takes something that's "common knowledge" and redpills people on it; the goal is to give people some facts and maybe get them to start questioning what they've been told. He doesn't have to have a mountain of evidence worthy of a doctoral thesis, he needs enough to reasonable defeat the bullshit "common knowledge" explanation and maybe get people interested.

>Another problem is the way they're presented.
Why? Cuz you don't like it? It's obviously for normalfags, look at the damn title.

>WHO NEEDS AN EXPERT WOMYN KNOW LL ABOUT THIER HYMEN
Did you listen to what they said? They weren't going into some medical-school anatomy where you'd need to dissect somebody to figure it out, any woman could stick a finger up her vag and confirm what was said in all of 60 seconds.

>IM A WOMAN SO I KNOW MORE THAN YOU MEN!
Again, the show uses normie memes. Most men think the hymen is a freshness seal, so why would Adam (a man) be the one to explain that it's not?

DOOD YOU'RE WRONG LMAO

Ive seen a few of his youtube videos but not the full show.

On certain topics hes pretty on the money while others like your example op hes just talking shit and making weird logic leaps.

Like the episode on tipping explaining why the fuck tipping is stupid and only really America does it that was fine.

Then he does the one on herpes and hes specifically going against actual medical knowledge about the fucking disease.

>Divorce is good because it benefits women!
>Ignore the male suicide rate.

>Chubby face
>Faggot hipster glasses
>Haircut is almost normal but dips into hipster territory with
>Literal neckbeard

"How prostitutes settled the west by doing what their pimps told them to"

It was nowhere near as bad as the video games episode.

Seriously, he boiled it down to two options:
1) The multi-billion dollar video game industry is too stupid to "know that women like video games too"
or
2) The multi-billion dollar video game industry wants to cut their profits in half and thus actively prevents women from playing video games

It couldn't actually be that women just generally don't like video games as much as men - nooo, that would be ridiculous, humans aren't a sexually dimorphic species! Must be the patriarchy!

Watch through i few episodes of this... Makes some pretty good points but also leaves out some key information too. Overall, an okay watch as long as you're aware enough to know when he's starting to bullshit his way through the episode.

I just really like the McDonalds lawsuit episode cuz i was there in the 90's when it happened and that shit was pretty tragic that everyone just cast that lady off as some greedy money hungry bitch

>According to him marijuana was made illegal just because of the white man's racism towards Mexicans and blacks and only that. He mentions nothing about William Randolph Hearst using his media empire to influence people about marijuana being evil because hemp was a threat to his wood pulp interests or any of the other huge factors involved, it's just racism according to him.
He's right.

This

>never once brings up that guns of the time were basically useless at hitting anything that wasn't at point blank range
>even though the "sharpshooter cowboy" is one of the most pervasive myths to come out of the whole "Wild West" thing

>Overall, an okay watch as long as you're aware enough to know when he's starting to bullshit his way through the episode.

See thats the problem a lot more normal people won't bother to fact check anything he says. The common myths and misconceptions hes trying to dispel will create new misconceptions in some cases that will be spread.

He and you are wrong. It was pushed to illegality to prop up robber barons like him, big tobacco and the medical industry.

It was also the age of prohibition. They wanted everything illegal.

kill yourself

Yea I remember all those propaganda movies where they were telling people that if they use marijuana, there won't be enough robber barons.

He is personification of everything I hate about factually incorrect smug liberals that deem every fact and opinion that disagrees with them as racist or sexist. Seriously I don't know what created those self-loathing white cucks but they're the reason I went from liberal to hardcore right in 5 years period.

The head writer of the show, Travis Helwig, tweeted that he's a "proud cuck".

hahaha wtf it's real
twitter.com/travishelwig/status/758907567867166720

The only thing even remotely unbiased he's done is talking about how big game hunting actually helps endangered animals, even then he only begrudgingly admits it after throwing a verbal tantrum about it.

Ironically, they're pretty much the reason Trump got elected and Milo Yiannopolous exists.

Yeah this episode was awesome.
>studies have shown that women play video games more than guys
>that's just dumb mobile games
>so? a game is a game
I died a little inside just then.

Another thing is he talks about how the video game industry is missing out by not marketing or pandering to women. Since when the fuck did any of that happen to males either? Video games are one of the least marketed entertainment industries in the world.