Donnie Darko

What does Sup Forums think of this movie? Does it still stand up from when you were a teenager?

And just what the fuck happened to Maggie Gylenhall since this movie? She was hot as fuck then.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5MyMOi4LEr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My favorite movie, it's atmospheric. S Darko was worse. Maggie is older now.

This.
The atmosphere is like no other. They would never make this movie today. They took risks with it. Unfortunately the risks didn't pay off financially but they definitely did artistically.

>It's a "we pretend to like the worst movie ever made" episode

saw it only last year in my 20s but it's really something else. I agree with , it's so interesting to see stuff like this that would never ever get made nowadays. if you did it would not be the same. darko is definitely a product of its era. movies like It Follows kinda get close but it's not quite the same.

oh shit

I saw it when I was a teenager a few years ago and can relate to it. I feel like Donnie darko everyday

It's my mom's favorite movie. I've probably watched it with her twenty times. It just seems kind of cozy.

I think I watched some stupid directors cut didn't understand anything.

DC is the easier to understand though

The awkward overlays they put with the excerpts from the chapter looked awful though. I was serioulsy shocked at how amateur they looked. If you want to understand the plot just read the excerpts from the Philosophy or Time book on the website or whatever.

Pretty much

Hard to understand without outside resources, basically a metaphor that Donny is Jesus and died for us. Pretty enjoyable though. 7/10

Baby's first time travel
Good tone and atmosphere set it apart as a comfy movie though

ALL AROUND ME ARE FAMILIAR FACES

>kiddies first absurdist mobie

The more I see it, the more I dislike it. The only thing it really got going for it is that it went to a place not many movies go.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5MyMOi4LEr4

Pleb garbage for teenagers

what are some other good absurdist movies?

I actually like The Southland Tales better than DD. It's from the same director. The Rock's acting is shit in it though.

>teenager's first entry level edgy movie

see also: fight club, wanted, sin city, memento, etc.

I never really saw this movie as edgy. It's just a weird convoluted time travel story. You're just calling it edgy because it was popular with teenagers, aren't you?

>They took the darkomentary off of youtube

fucks sake.