Why do we allow the genocide of animals?

Why do we allow the genocide of animals?

Other urls found in this thread:

go
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the answer is in the question
animals cannot defend themselves

Pic unrelated? Humans are the only reason those pigs even exist. You want to talk genocide, then we're talking the Bonobo, the Dodo etc.

i like bacon

Because we are on top of the food chain.

Except OP. He's not on top of the food chain.

There is a demand for meat and very few people are willing to change their dietary habits for animals.
Lab grown meat is the future anyway.

we are actually outside of it, eating just meat or raw meat is very bad

As if anyone wants to eat lab grown meat lol.

>not eating a primal diet
No elephant for you.

primal factor to human longevity is cooking stuff

Humans are an omnivorous species; we need at least some meat and there are some nutrients that cannot be obtained from a vegetarian diet.

I do, and when its mass produced and sold for a cheaper price many more people will feel the same way. Add muh feels to it and i think it can replace factory farming at least.
Lets not forget that factory farms easily took over the industry due to their efficiency and prices despite lack of quality.

they can be manufactured, stop being so tunnel vision

humans are subhumans

Because we're fucking monsters, get it inside of your head. Jesus why are we so fucking cucked out of our nature.

but americans LOVE supplements

Truly vegetarian animals don't exist anyway, even a cow ingests lots of bugs as it's grazing.

it's actually because of jesus

guilt is a heavy burden

Half the gymcels in America are spending 1000's every year shoving powders made from milk waste down their throat.

they do, there are common misconceptions but there are vegetarian animals

For example, carnotine. Children especially require meat and animal fat for proper development.

I'm pretty sure Dutch people wouldn't eat it. Organic food and food with the least additives is a huge trend here. Free roaming animals. People pay extra for that. And people are paranoid about e-numbers (the EU numbers the additives allowed in the EU, but people believe if you can't pronounce an ingredient then it doesn't belong there).

The market for organic food grows with about 10% a year here.

welcome to the future

A popular sayings here is: "What the farmer doesn't know, he won't eat."

That's interesting and I know countries like New Zealand are on a similar path, which is private the best way of going about this.
But the truth is the majority of the world is eating cheap factory farmed meat and you cant change that. The best you can do is make a cheaper alternative and if lab grown meat can be cheap wnd maybe even have better quality it's obviously the better option.

>private
Meant probably

fuck i want to move to the netherlands now. here you're a pussy for choosing some sissy organic shit.

Hotdogs are so cute when they're babies.

Problem with 100% organic food produce is that its not as efficient as intensive production, which is what's needed to maintain some food security. We literally can't feed the world with just stuff grown in the ground and animals frolicking in the fields.

It's complete bogus that e-numbers are harmful. Because a criteria for additives in the EU is that they cannot be harmful. It's more of a national superstition.

Here is some interesting read about it.
go
o.gl/Wy7U11

>The Consumers Platform conducted a survey and found that more than half of the respondents stated that if a food product has the label “natural” on it, that is a good reason to purchase the product. And 80 % agreed with the statement that natural products do not contain preservatives or added flavors (LNV Consumentenplatform 2004). A more recent survey by the Dutch Consumers Union concludes that half of the consumers are “occasionally or frequently worried about E-numbers”

They have to charge more money for free range chicken because hawks and whatnot swipe them or they wander off and get hit by a car or something.

We're the second food exporter of the world and our food security is guaranteed. According to Dutch research we can in fact feed the entire world with half the land we use now for agriculture.

Our agriculture sector is already heavily automated. But that would require even more heavy automation and vertical farming (as in, piling green houses on top of each other).

Animals don't really fit in this picture because they take lots of land and food to grow. So while growing plants becomes more automated, farming animals goes into the opposite direction.