>082what are some realistic war movies?
HacKsAw RiDGE

That's retarded but also kind of smart

Hacksaw bridge

Those are child soldiers btw.

a-at least they didn't hit any...

How does this training exercise help?

thought they were just manlets

The guy on the right is a real jerk. the guy on the left isn't shooting inches from their tiny heads.

teaches them how to think under gunfire

Assuming it helps with the shock you'd probably experience if you were under fire for the first time.

desensitizes you to imminent death
or give you ptsd, idk

makes you inhuman and prone to all feelings but to kill, rape, burn and destroy. they brainwash those kids and breed them into war dogs. child soldiers are fucking scary. much scarier than a grown ass man

Blood Diamond dealt with that aspect of it fantastically.

Only cause they're dumb niggers doing it and are pretty likely to hit one of them on accident, but if a white person was doing the shooting I doubt it would do anything because you'd know you were gonna be okay.

Maybe, I think it'd still be pretty helpful though, hearing bullets hit shit beside you would still give you an adrenaline kick

not really. blood diamond was the cuddle hollywood pg shit version of the real thing.
watch some documentaries or read books about child soldiers. you will lose faith in humanity and turn turbo Sup Forums just wanting to wipe out all niggers on this planet.

>and are pretty likely to hit one of them on accident
no one would give a fuck. life there means very little. they would probably crack a joke how the kid's head popped.
they get those children by invading a village, killing all the men or let them watch while they rape all the women. then they kill them in sadistic, gruesome ways, take the children away and set the village on fire.

The video is from indonesia and those aren't kids.

It's also rubber bullets

dgfrdgftrh

Jarhead

>bullet hits a rock and ricochets into your soldier

gj

Where? Is there a source on this?

Patrician detected.

This reminds me of something I read from the Bush War
>Rhodies recover enemy rifles after each engagement
>They keep finding rifles with the rear sight dialed in to the highest setting, practically fucking indirect fire
>They are extremely confused by this
>Eventually they ask a prisoner about it during interrogation
>Literally none of them know what the sights are for, they think that choosing the bigger number makes the gun shoot harder
Warfare in Africa is truly unbelievable

I thought riot bullets didn't have enough power to cycle a rifle without modifications.

13 Hours

> turbo Sup Forums

I dont know why but that made me laugh.

he is a retard who is talking out of his ass.

it's rubber bullets confirmed by Kopassus themselves

Das Boot

Come and See

All soldiers undergo this kind of training, even today it's used in the US military. You'd be retarded to send soldiers into battle without having experience the effect of bullets whizzing by their head.

yep, 100% of them

Beasts of No Nation
>AGU DO DIS TING FO ME

is Beasts of No Nation a good depiction of child soldiers?

No, but it's good regardless

THIN RED LINE

Don't be put off by the haters. War is 90% waiting and 10% dying. If want a powerful film with actual emotional development and have an attention span longer than the ordinary Sup Forums autist do yourself a favour and watch it.

Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima are also very realistic when it comes to the fighting. Also suggest you read 'Forgotten Soldier' by Guy Sajer if you want to know about the true horrors of war.

Black people are so stupid lol

To be fair if I hadn't taken those physics courses I took I also probably wouldn't have ever figured their purpose

Like, the only other option they had was having played Red Orchestra

The only correct answer is Platoon. It was directed by an actual veteran and based of his personal experiences, and it shows

Jesus christ Platoon was so much better than hack's ridge

What's off about it's depiction?

Angry Birds : The Movie

War of the Worlds

I'd like to see a pussy ass American soldier try this

starship troopers
just replace bugs with muslims.

>much scarier than a grown ass man
That's debatable.
[image of Mr. Ass that won't upload]

Needs more rape

>To be fair if I hadn't taken those physics courses I took I also probably wouldn't have ever figured their purpose
assuming that one knows how to fire a gun, you would hope that they know what a gunsight is, and be able to make the connection that adjusting the gunsight doesn't increase the gun's dakka.

not necessary

the enemy is dead before we get that close to their guns

nigger

Stalingrad
Cross of Iron
Gettysburg
Glory

Fucking lmao

Why don't they sit next to the road and fire over their heads? Why literally shoot as close as possible next to these kids?

>ctrl+f Generation
>0 results
I know it isn't a movie, but Generation Kill is the most realistic depiction of a modern war to ever exist, and the series is fucking amazing.
For WW2, apparently Saving Private Ryan made a lot of vets that were on the beach at Normandy step out of the theater during that scene.

>nobody mentions "Das boot"

This, Generation Kill is top tier

Or... you know... they could ask the Cuban and Soviet communists they're getting the rifles from what the iron sights do?

>For WW2, apparently Saving Private Ryan made a lot of vets that were on the beach at Normandy step out of the theater during that scene.
I've also heard a lot of vets ridiculed it as Hollywood garbage, especially the fact they go from hitting the beach to reaching the bunkers in literally five minutes when it took all day. One veteran said something to the effect of "Spielberg can kiss my shrapnel-scarred butt".

small soldiers

>cyka blyat you stupider than Ivan take rifle and fuck the off

Downloading it right now, thanks for the recommendation

Is Band of Brothers appropriate for this thread?

Wow, their aiming is fucking terrible