IMDB forums

Why did they shut down the forums?

I can't think of any other reason than big studios paying IMDB lot's of cash.

Other urls found in this thread:

i101.photobucket.com/albums/m76/SuWern/Lelouch Vi Britannia/vlcsnap-42054.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because we are living in le era of Daddy Drumpf and people can't handle the troof

It annoys me so much, why do the big studios hate us so much..

now all the goy have to praise the latest blockbuster is reddit facebook and twitter.

IMDb is owned by Amazon and when Bezos found out they needed actual human beings to run the forums and he couldn't replace them all with robots they just destroyed the whole place.

Could you fuckers stop crying please about this irrelevant shit

I will not allow this buffoonery. OUT!
i101.photobucket.com/albums/m76/SuWern/Lelouch Vi Britannia/vlcsnap-42054.jpg

oy vey we're working on a new system, soon you'll be able to login with your facebookTM account, so your opinions will be directly linked to your real life identity.

Isn't that great goy?

90% of the userbase was retarded but the more obscure and older films had some very nice discussions.

There was a mysterious man constantly posting on every message board about South Korean racism and other assorted problems of South Korean society. He was the final straw.

Also, the general race war environment that almost every show or movie engendered on there, for example, isn't Aladdin racist?

>tfw at least 25% of those absolute retards will come here to post now

It's a fuckin bug hunt, man.

I actually saw that on "The Interview" board. I assumed it was a North Korean shill or something considering he mocked the film and called South Koreans and Americans as all racists.

Any of you ever come across a dude called Alien Deification?

litterally the only reason I went on IMDb

Why does Sup Forums have to ruin everything decent with their autistic screeching?

Because you touch yourself at night

Because you haven't paid for content in over a decade.

>litterally the only reason I went on IMDb

The only reason everyone went to IMDB.

Because a bunch of underage faggots like the one's on the website went there and started talking about everything but the films itself. Contrarians like the faggots here on Sup Forums with low IQ and no intelligent arguments made discussion over there impossible. IMDB used to be better than any board on the internet for movies. But that was before half you millennial faggots were given internet access.

Then maybe they should think about making something worth paying for

same.

normally I'd argue this mentality, but in the case of Hollywood it is literally true. Last movie I payed for was Arrival. Before that...Creed?

Where is Brandon Frasier going to spend his time now?

>Talking about everything but the films itself

Nick Cage was great in this

Complete bullshit. Don't kid yourself. A very small, not to say tiny, fraction of users even visited the message boards. People go there for film information, and they'll continue to do so. Millions of users. The ones who care, me included, may stop using it altogether, but I don't think it'll make any difference, as much as I hope otherwise, it probably won't even make a dent in their usercount.

If you genuinely believe that's why they shut down thousands upon thousands of messageboards for nearly every film and tv show, actor, director, fucking crew member that ever existed - you're not only naive, you might actually be retarded.

because the forums were a cancer literally worse than this shithole.

Holywood elite are on the run. We've routed them out of their holes and Trump is leading the charge. They had to shut down speech to mitigate damage.

hiro took the pass money and paid IMDb to shut down their boards in the hope their posters would come to Sup Forums, improve the quality, and buy passes

You all must have been going to the capeshit boards.

And now Amazon has realized their mistake and killed Sup Forums's image servers. IT'S WAR

>imdb shts down their message boards
>Sup Forums shuts down their image boards

difference being, Sup Forums doesn't have anything other than image boards?

you and the other retards defending the cancer that was (feels great saying was) the imdb boards are full of shit.

EVERY movie had the trolls, the baiters, the faggots.

the last ever movie board i went on was manchester by the sea. want to know what was there? why of course the typical "worst movie ever made" and "I fell asleep" shitposts. also this one faggot who hated it for whatever reason, and called everyone a child raping pedophile.

yeah. fuck imdb message boards. glad its dead

>off to watch latest kino in theater
>get up to ticket window
>young looking girl asks me where I get my movie times from
>tell her IMDB
>she questions me and asks what IMDB is
>tell her to check my username and my posts on imdb message boards where I review kinography
>we fuck that same night after watching 3 different 8/10+ rated flicks I hand picked

"because of trolls"

but really it's probably because of money. simple as that. it cost money to host and they knew by closing the forums it wouldn't lose clicks because those very same faggots who used them are still going to use the main site regardless if it's closed or not. it's basically them cutting the fat.

and no point in monetizing it because it's an outdated piece of shit forum and everyone uses adblock anyway. the amount of money and effort to update it just isn't worth it.

right or wrong you know their reason is bullshit because they don't do paid moderators. they do what every other fucking message board does (Sup Forums, reddit, valve, etc) and get losers who spend hours upon hours on the site willing to do it for free. and besides, the amount of spam and trolling should have next to no affect on the main site because the forums are tucked away and hidden from everyday users.

so money or passive aggression from the faggot ceo getting butthurt over political comments

god i wish they would just accept it every time we erase a place of discussion

it would make this transition much easier

Most likely because of SJW bullshit. I never posted on the forums, beat frequently read them if I saw a movie I liked.

In the last few years the forums turned into a fucking shitpool of oppression olympics. Whenever there were blacks or other races besides whites in the movie there were posts about raycis and if there were only whites in the movie the entire forum section of that movie got raided by tumblrinas yelling oppression.

Go read HuffPo, Vice or Salon for your daily dose of IMDB forums.

Why are you so mad?

the two biggest boards on the site were politics and anything goes/off-topic by a huge margin

stop trying to pretend like the forums ever provided anything of value

Where can I go for movie forums now friends?

Netflix YouTube and Amazon Video are more profitable than ever.

Anyone else thinking about the fact that when the current threads die, Sup Forums will be temporarily gone?

>I can't think of any other reason than big studios paying IMDB lot's of cash.

1.) Anonymous message boards are a dead medium

2.) Too much cost

>anonymous message boards are a dead medium

This is dangerous and the left is using this as a tactic. We literally need anonymous communities.

>things that never happened

The fucking kikes are onto us lads. IMDb was getting pretty based, lots of anti-degeneracy threads. We're next.

yea desu after I told her what IMDB stood for she just kind of weirdly ignored me and waited to hand me the ticket

>and then everyone on the bus applauded

no new threads?
no image posting?

>push ALL threads past bump limit
......(\_/)
......( '_')
..../""""""""""""\======░ ▒▓▓█D
/"""""""""""""""""""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_@_/

stop Sup Forums censorship

>cries about shitposters
>is a shitposter

it's almost like you have to wade through the shit to find good discussion. it's no different than this shithole

also what in the fuck did you expect going into popular movie discussion?

You can cry about the left all you want. Kids don't use anonymous media anymore. Take it up with them, don't force companies to maintain dead forums because of "muh freedom of speech"

>Kids don't use anonymous media anymore.
Yeah sure imdbIDF

Are you the leaf on Sup Forums? Are you spamming every board?

They don't. There's a reason every major message board and chat is dying out

dude Sup Forums is being silenced due to it's far-right ideologies. Wake the fuck up.

>Kids don't use anonymous media anymore
erm...

Here's that quality discussion you were hoping for!

I don't think it's because kids aren't using anonymous media anymore it's because places can't control a narrative when people can comment on it.

>left wing video on youtube
>comments disabled
>so everyone dislikes it
>ratings disabled

I've seen lots of news sites shutting down their comment sections.
They want to control the narrative and shut down dissenting opinions.

In the case of IMDB I think it's big movie corporations shutting shit down.
Some people might go to a prescreening and let people ask them questions on the forum or people might go see it and bad mouth the movie. You could ask them questions and they could respond blah blah blah. With reviews its just a one way street so there is no dialogue so you don't know anything about the cunt writing it and you can't ask questions.

nobody is being silenced you autist. you can say whatever the fuck you want as long as they don't break board or website rules.

sites should just start requiring an ssn, driver's license number, or some other type of national identification number to verify and associate with the account being registered, in addition to an address and phone number that also get sent verifcation requests.

not that difficult