The conservative intellectual class is definitely in a downswing

Even after I drifted left I enjoyed William F. Buckley (it didn't hurt that he was an early proponent of legalizing marijuana and he opposed the Iraq War and a lot of other Bushiana) and George Will (I still do with him) and as I said in a post below I still listen to Rush Limbaugh from time to time.

But intellectual conservatism is really in a state: even the National Review articles they link to on Facebook are either (a) a simplistic 250-word essay written by glorified columnists, or (b) Katherine Timpf reporting on the latest excess of political correctness and generalizing it, then indicting academia as a whole.

The most worthwhile thing to come from them in years is the #NeverTrump issue. (Although we can't forget that the Democrats have Sheila Jackson Lee.)

But all in all there's little to recommend in right-wing circles nowadays, especially in the age of Trump. I may be biased but there's literally no good reason to back him.

What you hear is that if Trump loses the conservatives would lose the Supreme Court for a generation but if I were a conservative I'd take that chance.

Other urls found in this thread:

nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/trump-uses-star-of-david-to-call-clinton-corrupt.html
nytimes.com/2016/07/01/opinion/is-the-trump-campaign-just-a-giant-safe-space-for-the-right.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do right-wingers manage to be wrong all the time?

nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/trump-uses-star-of-david-to-call-clinton-corrupt.html

>if Trump loses the conservatives would lose the Supreme Court for a generation but if I were a conservative I'd take that chance.

No thanks, libtard. The presidency is insignificant compared to the judicial branch.

>I may be biased but there's literally no good reason to back him.

here's a reason - he's anti-war :o)

Do you really think he would do that if he knew it was supposed to be a star of david? The guy kisses their rumps.

Libtards are so intellectually dishonest.

Then how's the National Review, sh!t-for-brains?

Even Republicans understand that he's totally unfit for office and won't vote for him.

Seriously, the people supporting Trump are useless pieces of garbage that nobody will miss if they were euthanized en masse.

>I enjoyed
>George Will

>>nobody will miss if they were euthanized en masse.

So "leftist" is just a hypocritical euthanism for mass-murderer.

Euphemism

>hello i am a pseudo-intellectual amerifat please listen to my boring generic opinions.

"no"

>Then how's the National Review

So the neocons hate trump too. You're in good company, it seems.

>British intellectual

Most libertarians I have encountered have been stupid and assholish. I honestly now think that when it comes to American politics anyone who identifies as any kind of conservative is a major red flag for me. People on this board from Europe or Canada may not understand why I say that, but I will say to them that the right in America are about as dumb as they come.

>George Will
ahaha

>People on this board from Europe or Canada may not understand why I say that

Nobody cares about you.

OP you are delusional, the political Right is in an upswing right now, and its intellectual framework is growing, not decreasing. The Right in its established state is nothing more than controlled opposition for the Left. It has no plans of securing the border, no plans to roll back political correctness and censorship, no plans to oppose ludicrous ideas such as the entire transexual bathroom nonsense, no plans to indict Islam for its crimes, no plans to bring jobs back to the United States. Not only do they not oppose the radical Left, they are their coconspirators, demonizing their own base for daring to express political and social ideas that were mainstream a mere thirty years ago, and siding with barbarians when their own candidate has his right to free speech abridged by rioters.

The Right is experimenting an intellectual renaissance as it tries to redefine itself for the coming decades, seeming to gravitate towards more nationalist and socially libertarian ideas [with a few exceptions. Islam and feminism are both cancer].

The people who defend the current 'conservative' elite are defending a group their grandfathers would have struck down for impudence, because they have sold their country out for profit, and are silenced in fear of a word.

You aren't getting this. There is nothing - and I truly mean nothing - than can be said about or unearthed about Hillary Clinton that would change the fact that she is an immeasurably superior candidate than Donald Trump. The world won't end if Hillary Clinton is elected. Things will continue along more or less as they had.

Rather than bring up the fact that Hillary Clinton is a pathological liar, and possibly the most corrupt person to ever run for the office, lets just focus on the fact that Donald Trump's positions would have made him absolutely boring a mere 30-40 years ago.

If Donald Trump was to run on the same platform as he is now, in the 1970s no one would have commented, and chances are he would actually have lost the nomination to a more exciting candidate. This is precisely the problem with the modern conservative elite. They have changed and capitulated to the Left, seeking to accommodate the destruction of industry and the intentionally changing demographics in this country. Their base has not, and if the Republican party who fought in World War 2 were here today, they would take one look at Donald Trump and say "Whats the big deal again?"

But in any case that was not your point. Your point was that the Right was intellectually in a downswing. It objectively is not. It is experiencing a renaissance in terms of new ideas and new members. The fact that you view these people as imbeciles because unlike establishment conservatives they actually have spines and thus come off as 'unreasonable' does not change the fact that they are advancing into new realms of conservative thought.

Trump supporters are ignorant garbage. There isn't a single reason to vote for Trump. He's a mediocre businessman and he demonstrates his profound ignorance of both world affairs and governmental process virtually every time he speaks on the subjects.

>The world won't end if Hillary Clinton is elected

Put that on a sandwich board and march up and down main street, lunatic.

>There isn't a single reason to vote for Trump

i brought up a very good reason actually

>He's a mediocre businessman

He's a billionaire. You're delusional, rosie.

Wow you sure convinced everyone here with those hot opinions.

>neocon intellectuals

That's because white America is in survival mode. There is no time to argue about ideological trivialities. Go read some Ann Coulter to get yourself up to speed.

And your post is exactly why he's going to be elected President. You people are so holier than thou and "Look at me I'm smart and you're a fucking idiot" that mainstream people with real problems are turning away from the Democratic party and the Republican party's elites.

You don't win an election by insulting your constituency when only one man seems to actually care about the things you care about. People like you tell people like me

"You're stupid and evil for caring about constant attempts to limit your freedom of speech and your right to bear arms"

"You're stupid and evil for opposing the expansion of government power"

"You're stupid and evil for opposing your people's replacement by uneducated third worlders"

"You're stupid and evil for....basically opposing any new novel policy of the most radical elements of the political Left"

And the current political Right takes one look at that ridiculous framework, and says "Yes. Yes we must be polite and oppose the Left with chivalry as they demolish us utterly, while we police and insult our own supporters constantly"

The inevitable result to such insanity is a paradigm shift, and a changing of the guard.

>stupid and evil

you mean racist

>That's because white America is in survival mode.

I look at it as the traditions, laws and constitution that are in danger. This is why abandoning the court to kagans and "wise latinas" would be devastating in a very short time.

Oh please. The American government establishment (in its Democratic and Republican branches) despises Trump and is painting him as a monster because he threatens it's hegemony. In reality he'd blunder through a term and the grownups would make sure he didn't knock anything over. It's not like your president is the king.

> Trump supporters are dumb because are stupid.

I am now #hillaryartillary

How do people think like this? Is it from watching too much TV news and liberal rags?

Sup Forums is just a bunch of lazy jobless basement dwelling virgin fat fucks who come here to make excuses for their own failures.

>Can't get a job? Blame academia, niggers and jews

>Can't get laid? Blame feminists

>Can't make any friends? Blame gays, feminists, niggers and jews

Most of what you see on Sup Forums are lazy fucks just looking for an excuse to latch onto for why they failed at life. They refuse to take ownership of their lives, it's much more comfortable for them to become recluse and find excuses on the internet for why they failed.

You aren't going to change any minds here, they think Trump is the ultimate solution to all their problems. Just another excuse for them to be a lazy do-nothing failure at life.

Please, just go to Reddit where you belong

The real story is the disgusting, vile, ignorant, worthless people who support him, more-so than the lunatic himself.

nytimes.com/2016/07/01/opinion/is-the-trump-campaign-just-a-giant-safe-space-for-the-right.html

I was left wing but since Hillary is an interventionist I will vote for Trump.

Again i'll say this NICE HOT OPINIONS and you still have not made a single argument.

Good thing I'm not a lazy jobless leftist, dumbfuck.

>B-but they do it too!

Stop making excuses.

Millennials who cry about cultural appropriation are just as bad as Sup Forumsfags who blame their failures on others. Shut the fuck up with your sorry excuses for not fucking winning at life, you lazy fuck.

DELETE THIS

Wow more Opinions also where you do people even once think we blame Jews for our problems. We blame jews when it concerns politics not our personal lies. Also you didn't respond to this man who actually made an argument

lives*

"You're stupid and evil for caring about constant attempts to limit your freedom of speech and your right to bear arms"

Oh such entitlement!

"You're stupid and evil for opposing the expansion of government power"

At the expense of poor minorities? I agree that you are stupid and evil

"You're stupid and evil for opposing your people's replacement by uneducated third worlders"

Your xenophobia is showing

"You're stupid and evil for....basically opposing any new novel policy of the most radical elements of the political Left"

What you want to do is go backwards in time. You are called stupid and evil because you are trying to create another holocaust or civil war type situation that never ends well.

bro-- you're a fucking fool. you're the joke. a successful businessman running for president and captivating the nation is not a joke. a prominent individual that calls for strong borders, putting an end to the ridiculous illegal influx of ugly uneducated criminal shitbags pouring into our country, for more competent international dealmaking, for measures that protect us from the deluded fools that blow themselves up on trains, kill gays and beat their shawled slavelike wives so they can become shawled slavelike wives under their violent rules, all to enjoy supposed carnal pleasures (sins) in heaven, is NOT a fool. it's unbridled courage and unapologetic executive decision making. it's a joke that we would have a man and later, his son in office. it's a joke that we would have a man and later, his fake wife in office. it's a joke that people continue to support the globalist clinton political machine. those are the demons. those are the devil. you've got to step back and wonder why the media doesn't have it in for these criminals like they do trump. but you don't. you take it at face value. hating trump is cool among the know-nothing leftist legion, and you haven't thought into why that is at all. you're just buying into the narrative, wholesale. and it's honestly disgusting. pissant

>I am going to yell at people to agree with me!

>dude points out that all trump opposition boils down to non-arguments like "wow you are so mean"
>you respond by telling him how mean he is for saying that

yeah, you totally convinced us of your position's validity by calling everybody who disagrees with it hitler. top tier argument, mate.

I can see how the star looks like the one on the typical sheriff's badge (though don't they have the little studs on each point?), and the message is one of lawbreaking and said lawbreaking is about money; the shape is a solid star rather than the interlocking triangles you often see for the Star of David, and the Trump organization didn't make it but merely lifted it from a right-wing message board and it'd be easy to miss the shape while focusing on the message. Basically this isn't anywhere near the level of the "80% of white murder victims are killed by blacks" image, but I really can't give them the benefit of the doubt. They have a long record of doing stuff like this and if a staffer or intern is trolling alt-right forums enough to find this image they must have some idea of what that "movement" is about (and they're probably sympathetic to it). But still this is less objectionable than straight-up retweeting white supremacists.

They really need to hire a professional internet team.