Americans are taught in school that Napoleon was a good guy

Americans are taught in school that Napoleon was a good guy.
How does this make you feel?

that's a lie doe

no we're not, we aren't taught that he was good or bad just that he was an exceptional military leader and made the classic russia mistake

I was taught that Chiang Kai-Shek was kinda good

He is a good cognac

But he really was a good guy, he did change Europe for the best even in his defeat

Hmmmm...you what now?

americans call him cash my check because he keeps taking money

>being taught that there are “good” and “bad” people
>american education

>americans are taught that the american revolution was justified and heroic and not traitorous opportunism

It's almost as if american education is shit

>Implying traitorous opportunism isn't the English way

Really makes u think

If he's such a good guy, why aren't you also teaching that system he pushed so much?

Students are taught in school that he was an embodiment of bravery, one of the world's greatest generals.

napoleon was a baddie,
he was the hitler of the 1800s

>Americans are taught in school that Napoleon was a good guy.

Germans are taught that there are no good guys and pretty much everyone with some degree of power is an opportunist cunt, including the founders of our very
nation.

It doesn't make me feel anything, because I'm not European. We're not beholden to German mood swings.

>neglect colonies to the point where they are basically self governing already
>impose retarded taxes to fund further colonialism and wars
>"just be a good little cuck colony like your neighbor canada"

Americans are utterly insane about their own history m8, like full on japan tier
I had one tell me 1812 was about Britain trying to invade the US lol

Well of course he was the good guy, he was defending his country against reactionnary monarchies that tried to put down the republican ideals of the revolution because they feared it.

fucking commies.

Why is the American war of independance called a revolution ?

>Americans are utterly insane about their own history m8, like full on japan tier
How so?

>I had one tell me 1812 was about Britain trying to invade the US lol
Yes we have idiots but we aren't taught you were trying to invade the U.S.

Why is your education so shitty?
>neglect colonies to the point where they are basically self governing already
How were you neglected if one of your complaints was all the King's men being housed in your homes?
>impose retarded taxes to fund further colonialism and wars
Britain specifically told the yanks not to go into French and Indian territory. Yanks did anyway, then begged Britain for help, which Britain agreed to deliver on the condition that the yanks house the King's men (see above) and pay for some of the war they started after being told not to. The tax burden on Americans was lower than any other British citizen, despite often costing more, and was virtually never enforced. Following independence taxes were higher on Americans than ever under Britain.
>"just be a good little cuck colony like your neighbor canada"
Peace, order, and good government are not examples of cuckoldry. One's inability to function like a civilised race of men and to wage a domestic terrorist insurgency for as Jewish a reason as "muh tax shekels" is a much better example of national cuckoldry.

glad that you could get at least one thing right

>he was defending his country against reactionnary monarchies that tried to put down the republican ideals of the revolution

By becoming a monarch himself in destroying France in stupid wars and losing all the territories that he conquered. An entire generation on french man was lost, Napoleon is just a frog Hitler.

No, it was definitely about trade restrictions and sailor's rights. It had nothing whatsoever to do with manifesting America's destiny into the Canadas. That was just a strategic side effect.

who the hell actually remembers shit from history classes?

We're taught it was because you cunts were impressing our sailors

For one thing, Britain tried to squelch indigenous industry in the colonies so as to not compete with their home manufactures. Goods produced in the colonies were for local consumption only, they could not be exported. If you wanted to purchase something from continental Europe, it had to first go through a British port and duty fees.

Britain also tried to impose one-commodity plantation economies on the Southern colonies, for example the Chesapeake Bay tobacco industry, regardless of what local farmers wanted to grow. They were stuck with tobacco which wore out the soil and suffered from gradually falling prices as the 18th century wore on.

What does a civil war cartoon have to do with the war of 1812.

George Washington once ordered a carriage from England and after waiting weeks for his order to cross the ocean and then more weeks to process it and deliver the thing back across the ocean, the carriage was falling apart when he finally got it.

What was the alternative ? There were 6 coalition wars, the other European powers were relentless in trying to put him down, is your argument really just "why didnt he roll over and die lol" ? As for the Emperor thing, the people made him that to grant him the power he needed during the dire times. The ideals of the French Revolution were still largely in place, it was enlightened despotism.

>We're taught it was because you cunts were impressing our sailors
There was also an embargo due to the current Napoleonic War that was fucking our economy and the incident with the Chesapeake. At the end if the day neither country was actually ready for the war.

Why not start a bloody 3 year war for an issue that could have been solved with a passport. Also, they were taking men that were either known British deserters or had British accents and were larping as Ameticans to avoid war with Napolean. America also boarded foriegn vessels looking for traitors, deserters, etc well into the 19th century.

lol

Nothing, they're just a handful of fun political cartoons I have saved.

IDK, but the War of 1812 was a subject that never interested me much in school.

After the Civil War, Britain was terrified that we could just steamroll Canada with our huge, battle-hardened army and they couldn't do a damn thing about it. But we'd had enough war and just wanted to resume peacetime activities.

The cartoons he's posting are just propaganda pieces anyway.

Odd since it set much of your border, was the only time in your history that US soil was under foriegn occupation (Eastport, ME, then MA, until 1817), saw the rise of your national anthem, the birth of the USS Constitution "Old Ironsides, cost you part of the whitehouse, and was the real beginning of the US Navy.

>American fucking education

Every single time

One effect of this was the Act of Confederation in 1867 which made Canada self-governing and responsible for their own defense.

>history
>good/evil morals

it's not. The American War of Independence and American Revolution are two separate events, but people often get them confused and use the terms interchangeably.

No we're not. We're taught that he was French, and therefore evil incarnate.

It's not an exact term just as the Civil War was not actually that.

Americans were initially sympathetic to the French Revolution but it quickly turned to disgust after the Terror and anti-religion campaigns.

reminder that the US does not have a singular history curriculum so you can pretty much assume 90% of what is posted in this thread is bullshit

No we aren't. If anything we're taught he's a complex person. I don't remember any moral judgements one way or the other.

>Americans are taught in school that Napoleon was a good guy.
but he was?

I don't even really know why we learned about Napoleon in the first place.
Sure, he was a big deal in Europe, but what the fuck did any of that have to do with America?
The French monarchy trying to enlist America to fight the rebels is a footnote in our classes.

I honestly can't tell if you people are just fucking with us or if Ameticans really are this stupid

Brazilians are taught in school that the French Revolution was great until Napoleon ruined it.

>Germans are taught that there are no good guys and pretty much everyone with some degree of power is an opportunist cunt, including the founders of our very nation.

So Germans are the only ones with accurate education?

I don't understand and I'm an American. Revolution is used to mean the War + political activities associated with it? And the War itself is used to mean only the Revolutionary War?

I'm just trying to understand by a quick glance at Wikipedia.

Hillary CLinton

Why everyone is taught columbus was good? Or Edison?

>mfw your country fell for the "justified and heroic" meme
>mfw their war hadnt even finished and they were already backstabbing you
>mfw after the war ended they kept stealing your territories
>mfw when you were at your lowest moment, instead of helping your country as gratitude for what you had given them they decided to make a false flag, and sink one of their ships in your harbour to create a casus belli and steal whatever you had left
>mfw in ww1 they named one of the deadliest diseases in history after your country because thry couldnt admit that it was their fault
>mfw I cant even feel anymore

We thought that we could extirpate the perfidious cancer out of america, but it was too late, it had already metastasized

>mfw in ww1 they named one of the deadliest diseases in history after your country because thry couldnt admit that it was their fault
>>mfw I cant even feel anymore
Everyone used to do that though. For example, syphilis was once called the Italian Disease, the French Disease, the Spanish Disease, etc depending on which part of Europe you happened to be in.

columbus was a scum and edison was a thief

>american education

is actually good?

>anglo education

>mfw when you were at your lowest moment, instead of helping your country as gratitude for what you had given them they decided to make a false flag, and sink one of their ships in your harbour to create a casus belli and steal whatever you had left

Considering we took a bunch of worthless rocks inhabited by ooga boogas, I think it was probably a mistake. You should have just kept them.

but he's literally Hitler just without jews and camps

>brits are taught in school they won the 100 year war

>What was the alternative ?
Democracy

but he was, in fact everybody was a good guy during the napoleonic wars.

no we aren't

because it was a revolution.

hate this ouiboo american

ouiboos are the best posters

>100 year war
Literally a French civil war
>Northern Frogs invade and conquer your country
>Get into a barmy back home and use your men to help fight it
>Years later, Frogs blame you for it

nobody to blame user.

what a ride it was.