Finn should have been the main character in TFA just so that ending fight scene would have been more realistic

Finn should have been the main character in TFA just so that ending fight scene would have been more realistic.

Rey would have been better off as a love interest or damsel in distress.

Call me whatever names but you know its true.

I loved the idea of a Stormtrooper breaking through his programming but that would need to be the A-Plot, not something that sets up a character and is then swept under the rug. He goes from being brothers in arms to systematically murdering his comrades in the span of one mission.

A Stormtrooper gone good is more interesting than desert orphan gone good regardless of race or gender.

I'm fairly sure disney just said "we need the female audience" and flipped a switch changing the main character from Finn to Rey. At this point Rey can only be interesting if they explore her backstory IN THE FILMS and not some book shit. Luke didn't know his father was Vader until Ep5 so I'm holding out hope that 8 does something similar with the character.

Also Finn is currently fucked up at the end of 7.

Exactly, breakthrough the programming, go on adventure with cute girl and discover he is force sensitive.

Then uses that force to defeat Kylo. Sounds cool to me.

So, you agree that Finn should have been the main and defeated Kylo?

Luke was so much better.

He was such an wide-eyed, ambitious young boy, kinda lost between Obi Wan, Han and even Leia and we saw him mature and grow into a man.

Of course we cant have that with a female lead it seems.

you just KNOW Finn will pull a Neville Longbottom (inb4 dull) in IX and become the BAMF of the saga

I think Rey should have been the one on the ground and Finn should have had the final fight with Kylo, yes.

Defeated, not even Rey did that...she just incapacitated him and slashed his face. But yeah if I was writing it I would have made the arc of Finn the one of redemption rather than the arc of Rey ambiguous and almost non-existant besides a vision.

Hating on the character of Rey because she's not Luke seems kind of narrow minded. In fact other than growing up in a desert she's the opposite of him.
>doesn't want to leave her planet
>has no aspirations
>is capable of surviving
>is capable of combat
>pees while sitting down

All of that makes there meet and greet at the end of episode 7 all the more interesting...because they're basically polar opposites.

I guess we'll see what happens.

opposite sadly also means boring

More realistic? How?

So far, but Luke was pretty boring, and notably annoying, in ANH.

If you put yourself in the place of Han or Leia it would be twice as annoying, that was the point

Personally I identify as a Wookie. Stop oppressing me.

>evil white man vs good dindu

>with white girl taking the good dindu's side

t. Guy that was fooled by advertising

TFA's biggest problem in my opinion was that it tried to do ANH and a new movie all at once and ended up cramming way too much in so pacing was dogshit, everything felt rushed and felt unnatural
>characters meet and immediately they have an established dynamic and history without actually having a history
It was like the movie just told you things and didn't show them
And then there were of course some completely garbage parts like almost everything with Han
And basically everything with Leia
And Maz Kanata felt like a ironic reference to everything that was bad about the prequels except that it was unironic

why even watch this garbage in the first place?

its just hollywood propaganda
no deep meanings, no point, just CGI and obvious modern political references with bias

"noo deep meaningzzz"

Yeah everyone watches Star Wars for that right.

>Finn should have been the main character in TFA just so that ending fight scene would have been more realistic.

What?
Kylo was playing with Finn until he managed to connect a hit and Kylo basically BTFO'd him immediately after that.

Liberals and SJWs do. They make Star Wars references while talking about politics every chance they get.

I mean it should have been Finn with the final fight and winning instead of Mary Sue Rey.

Who cares about them? What does that have to do with this thread? Who was even speaking about liberals and sjws?

Man you are so lost.

because having a deep meaning shows that the director cares about their work
which makes for good movies

not just lumps of awkward cgi and cringey forced political commentary

also saying exactly what the poster you reply to says but making it sound stupider isnt an argument

but if you like this disney trash i can imagine youre not playing with a full deck anyway

You said people don't care about politics when it comes to Star Wars.

One of the writers said the Empire were white supremacists and SJWs love making Star Wars references when talking about politics.

>Republicans are the empire, dude!

>Finn winning wouldn't have been Gary Stu
Ok

Oh, I get it now.

But that would be a far too complicated character to execute
>a rogue comic relief stormtrooper that doesn't want to be a stormtrooper anymore finds out he has "The Force" and beats the main antagonist

How are you not aware how ridiculous your statement about "deep meaning" is lmao

please tell me about the deep meaning behind movies like Die Hard or Fury Road

>You said people don't care about politics when it comes to Star Wars.

Where? Go back the reply chain and tell me where did I even imply anything about politics.
You are so lost in your own political world it's sad.

Die hard: thieves and terrorists are no match for one good man
Fury road: woman dont like to be kept as rape slaves

>Finn uses his primal strength to overpower Kylo through force

I can make up a simple ass sentence about any movie too. You could do that same exact thing with TFA.

And how are those sentences by any kind "deep"?

>thieves and terrorists are no match for one good man
That's as simple as it get's, what's deep about that?

And do you unironically think George Miller made Fury Road just to say how women don't like to be kept as rape slaves?

>he took that post seriously
Wew lad
Maybe you should step outside, breathe some air, have a smoke if your into that, then come back in and think about why youre getting mad about my throwaway joke when none of this matters and we will never meet

>you now realize this was meant to be until the studio execs decided "we need a stronk womyn" to be the lead.

How ripped off do you think john boyega feels?

Would you want Finn do beat Kylo?

Don't bother replying, he's delusional

This

Would have been a great battle but instead we get feminist shit.

Fake and gay.

FURRY ROAD: The drought in California.
>and yes, that extra "R" is on purpose

>le women should be in le kitchen XD

This meme bores me. I suppose Leia should have just clung to Han Solo afraid the whole New Hopee movie too right?

>tumblr

Star Wars being seriously approached would make me CRINGE. On that note was Starkiller Base and Snoke meant to be taken seriously?