en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_Economic_Agreement
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is Spain the new Yugoslavia now?

SPAIN NO!! CATALONIA DESERVES FREEDOM!

Preventing the voting is totally going to change everyone's mind

Why are they arrested?

>s*aniards not working
in other news, water is wet

For participating in the organizing of the Catalonia independence vote.

Probably.

T_____T

First of all why do they wanna be independent from Spain?

They say spain is preventing catalonia from.being a magic utopia place.

In reality? just to have a pair of coins in the pockets
In dreams? They see themselves as the hottest shit of the mediterranean area.

Because they think that Spain is a repressive government. And Spainish government currently does everything in its power to prove them right

Who wants to belong to that shithole?

Will Spanish bitches fuck you if you tell them you support independent cuntbolognia?

Because they're greedy. That's really the core of it.

Catalonia is a shitty region anyway, spain needs to focus on making northern Castilla great again.

That's a bunch of fucking bullshit. Catalonia has more autonomy than any region in Spain. Read a book you dumb cunt.

How much will GDP of Spain decrease if they get independence?

because Catalans gave their own language, and they are one of the wealthy states/provinces of Spain (like California or New York in the USA), so some money they pay in taxes go to poorer states/provinces, and they want to keep all their money.

The fact that they don't allow a referendum shows the true antidemocratic face of Spanish administration

Someone should introduce those dipshits to the wonders of federalism.

Why doesn't spain just send the army or something if they try to gain independence?

Learn how constitutional democracy works you fucking piece of shit. 95% of Catalonians voted in favor of the constitution, which forbids unilateral secession.

You should do our species a favor and kill yourself. We already have enough willfully ignorant garbage in the world.

They will. If I remember right they had such movements the last time this topic was discussed

Because it's the current year and that's a fascist thing

bad press, they do that, and Catalans will begin to scream "we are being opressed by fascists!!!"
the great majority of separatists are leftists

The legitimacy of the government, the law and constitution comes from the people. Without the will of the people, constitution is just a piece of paper.

>IT'S HAPPENING
What happening?

because catalonia is one of the richest places in spain and if they break off they'll be richer than spain. they want monis

>and they are one of the wealthy states/provinces of Spain (like California or New York in the USA)
I live in NYC and the states populations are more the source if the wealth than any great regional aspect. Also, a lot of the people here contribute little in taxes.

The constitution has the backing of the country's population. You haven't said a single valid or correct thing. Kill yourself immediately.

They're not even the richest region and they're economy wouldn't immediately go into recession.

It doesn't have the backing of Catalonian population.
What you are suggesting is not democracy, it is the tyranny of majority

b-but the catalonians said they'd be rich!

So you're now saying that democracy counts for nothing even though the complaining now-minority voted with the majority by a 95-5% margin.

Cool story nigger.

There's a reason that not one single country or international body in Earth agrees with you.

go for it amigos

Spain should tell the EU that they'll take in all refugees then just fence them in Catalonia, then give Independence.

No much as they will do. I can not wait to see the catalan companies moving their headquarters to other regions escaping from the complete collapse of catalonia.
By the way, the referendum is illegal and as far as i know there is not a campaign for the "no". Many independentist talks about the right to choose but in my honest opinion is that you cant break the costitution to do whatever you want.
There is no freedom if you want to keep the order in a society and build the covivence.

Then again, how many countries in history have become independent by asking their former government?

I am saying the the right of self-determination trumps constitution. You can't vote away that right

Of the countries that have come into existence in recent/modern history, almost all of them.

I'll wait with excitement what kind of nice war songs will emerge from that conflict

youtube.com/watch?v=UQfR2xMX3to

No it doesn't. International law does not even make say that it does.

Stop spreading your unforgivable ignorance.

I christen thee....Erdospain

>Article 1 in both the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR)[19] and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR)[20] reads: "All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development. "

it's very honorable fight for the justice but justice not always wins.
i don't care if the"yes" win or not. I care about the spaniards living there and the "negotiations" in the case of indepence. No transitions and shit, all in favor to Spain and the spaniards.

lmao this is what will happen
if EU doesn't support Spain, Russia will support Catalonia only to get buddies in the mediterranean, if the EU supports catalans, Russia will support spain
screen cap this

Isn't there something like the right of people to self-determination and isn't that like a cardinal principle in modern international law, highly encouraged by a certain Woodrow Wilson in 1918 ?

Lol, no. There's not enough to gain from pulling yourself into directly in EU/Nato internal business. whilst your ass is dealing with ukraine and countless domestic issues + syria. Russia is overextending it's reach as it stands right now

Read Article 73.

There isn't a single UN member that or international organization that recognizes the right of self-determination as unlimited.

Not an over simplification in the slightest.

see
Retarded fucking dipshits constantly and willfully misinterpret it.

m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=104&oid=214&aid=0000788222

Do we agree that all people have the right to self determination, accoding to International Covenant?

(((UN member)))
(((international organization)))

null and void

Literally latin jews

if catalans were anything like yugos and not cowards, they would be independent within a week

Not in the childish, objectively incorrect way you mean it. All people have the right to INTERNAL self-determination, not external.

Is this what OBSESSION looks like?

>The right of people to self-determination is a cardinal principle in modern international law (commonly regarded as a jus cogens rule), binding, as such, on the United Nations as authoritative interpretation of the Charter's norms.[1][2] It states that a people, based on respect for the principle of equal rights and fair equality of opportunity, have the right to freely choose their sovereignty and international political status with no interference.[3]

>Catalonia is a shitty region anyway,

explain please

They have to, else this will quickly devolve into some ETA bullshit and i seriously don't want that to happen to any country.

ESTO

The fuck is your major malfunction? Why are you so fucking obsessed with a piece of paper?

ugly cities, ugly villages, muggy climate, full of arabs, gays, leftists, terrorists, etc.....
arrogant people, ugly/meme language.
I do agree with them though, it does not feel like spain at all

>Nicaragua

It's the Spanish California.

>Misuse of public funds
Like using public money in an illegal referendum.

NO ES AMOR
NO ES AMOR

but they have the Pyrenees, funny that you say ugly language, Catalan sounds to me like Portuguese

R A R E
A R E R
R E R A
E R A R

no, it has french infuence, it looks and sounds like a joke language, a mix of spanish and french.
pyrenees is nice I guess, the rest is shit, even inland cities like Lleida are full of arabs, it's nasty

>Lleida
have you been to tarragona? what is your opinion about it

> Catalonia has more autonomy than any region in Spain. Read a book you dumb cunt.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_Economic_Agreement

>95% of Catalonians voted in favor of the constitution, which forbids unilateral secession.
That was in the late 70s and after 40 years of dictatorship
Kys

no, I have been to Lleida, Barcelona and Reus.

how was Reus?

nice, best of the tree for me.

The Spanish government's handling of this situation has just been idiotic from the start and they'll only make things worse with this. The best way to aggravate nationalism is to repress it.

When separatism in Eastern Europe, Western backs it
When separatism in Western Europe, Western opposes it

Classic case of western double standards

spain is southern europe.
western is france, benelux, uk, ireland, germany, switzerland, austria

GIVE INDEPENDENCE NOW, SPAIN

geographic and political splitting are very different

speaking politically, Spain is very much western Europe

poor as shit and full of brown people
yeah, I guess it is

INDEPENDENCIA PAL REINU ASTUR LLIONES
from Gijon to Salamanca

GIVE INDEPENDENCE NOW, FUCKING OPRESSIVE SPAIN

Give Texas and California independence now AMERICA

literally nobody in the other 48 states would disagree with this
we all collectively hate everyone from those states

RECOGNIZE THE STRUGGLE OF MY BROTHERS NOW!!!!!

the weak should fear the strong

As a Yugoboo I'm still mad.

I still don't want Spain to balkanize though.

Leonese is the best Iberian language. Prove me wrong.

>I still don't want Spain to balkanize though.
Spain already is irrelevant, now imagine it broken down to a few meme states

Finally

The situation is escalating bc:
>right wing spanish government wins right wing votes by being though. Democratic guarantees are overrated tbqh if you are defending the law.
>right wing catalan government started the independence process looking for tax control. Now five years later, in order to avoid jail time for extreme corruption, they have called the bluff. Even if all the big bourgeois that supported them are against independence (they're the ones that will lost a lot of money if Catalunya gets out of the EU)
>Left wing catalan government (they're in coalition) are the ones that actually want independence. They're straining the situation, bc after 5 years they haven't accomplished anything, and are afraid of losing votes.

This is an equivalent to the Brexit, where everybody is overreacting to a nebulous situation without any kind of plan.

Spain is still paying the prize of their imperialistic ways, first it was the colonies, If Catalans get their independence, Spain will be reduced to Madrid+Avila+Valladolid+Burgos+Soria+ Guadalajara+Toledo in 200 years, maybe Cuenca and Palencia too if they are lucky

Understandable.

isn't their first order of business to import as many brownies as possible?
i've seen it on some manifesto for independent alsace here

Too many e's

MOJ JE TATA
ZLOCINAC IZ RATA

For once someone said it.