/180/: BWIN GRAND SLAM OF DARTS DAY 4

The Grand Slam of Darts group stage ends tonight, and at the start of play only one player has qualified to the last 16 from the top half.

The most confusing group kicks things off as Group D has nobody qualified nor nobody eliminated. This year's Lakeside runner-up Danny Noppert must win big over 2008 BDO World champion Mark Webster and hope Northern Ireland's Daryl Gurney crushes Norfolk manlet Darren Webster to even stand a chance of progressing. Likewise, a huge victory for little Webster combined with a big one for the wobbly Webster could see Superchin sent back across the Irish Sea.

Group A is relatively more simple as following Michael van Gerwen's thumping of Joe Murnan, Rob Cross will aim to validate his recent TV performances by sending a surprisingly impressive Ross Montgomery back to Scotland in a straight shootout for the last 16. "The Boss" played very well against Murnan, but you just feel Voltage has an extra gear.

Group C is tragic if you're James Wade. As Robbie Green is up against the mediocre Aussie Peter Machin, the Machine will need to beat Phil Taylor by a big margin if last year's runner-up is to avoid an drastically early exit. Given how Pheel fluked his win against Kong, you just feel a similar thing will happen tonight.

Ending the round-robin phase is Group B; roaring Welsh rugger roidlet Gerwyn Price and Ireland's Steve Lennon will have to better each other's results to qualify, and with Price playing Black Country bumpkin Jamie Hughes and Lennon against Raymond van Barneveld, it's clear the young Irishman has the harder task.

Coverage starts from 7:00pm UK time on Sky Sports Action.

All group stage games are the best of 9 legs (first to 5).

>Tonight's matches
Mark Webster v Danny Noppert (D)
Daryl Gurney v Darren Webster (D)
Michael van Gerwen v Joe Murnan (A)
Rob Cross v Ross Montgomery (A)
Robbie Green v Peter Machin (C)
Phil Taylor v James Wade (C)
Gerwyn Price v Jamie Hughes (B)
Raymond van Barneveld v Steve Lennon (B)

This is one of the most powerful darting images ever, by the way.

Read a lot of stuff online where people are saying Berry van Peer's faking his dartitis.

This whole incident has really shown those people up.

>This is one of the most powerful darting images ever, by the way.
In this case, yes, this was genuine, those guys are young, don't have a lot of big tournament experience, and then there was the dartitis thing. But overall I think people should cut back a little on those emotional stage displays. Clown and Gurney are the main culprits here. They are starting to become annoying drama queens.

Those two really need to get a grip.

I hope whitlock gets a massive fine from the DRA and even a 6 month ban would not go amiss. Making fun of someones mental issues is disgraceful in todays age. Disgusting.

At the very least I hope he's apologised.

I checked his twitter. Nothing.

Checked his twitter yesterday, no sign of an apology, in fact no new messages from this week. Probably busy getting pissed.

>darts
>on Sup Forums instead of /asp/ or /tg/
wew

Yeah, I've seen that too.

For someone who has played darts longer than BvP has been alive, I'm shocked he didn't realise something was up with him.

But then again Whitlock has never been the most mentally stable.

Hey, it's /asp/eru on vacation!

And we're on now.

Does anybody actually like Wayne Mardell?

"Like" doesn't reallys describe it, but I have no problem with him.

Hoping Noppie has a decent game here regardless of the result.

83 meme finish from Noppie

>Floppie

>Wobblester
Fucked that one away.

Great for Noppie to win though.

Based Noppie. Sad that he is already out.

>le angry manlet

MANLET RAGE

>9 dart shootout between Manlet and Wobbly
Should be fun.

Would a straight up sudden death leg of 501 be better than a shootout?

Don't think so, because the guy with the throw would hold a big advantage.

>dropping a leg to Joe Murnan
[autism rage]

THAT BULL START 135

>dropping two legs to Joe Murnan

>slipping inside D9 with MVG on D8
>shiggy

>MVG looked rubbish
>108 average

>108 average again
Scary how effortless that was

>yfw Cross loses to Wartless

THAT 125
JUSTIN ABSOLUTELY SEEEETHING

>Rob Cross

Cross had a case of Monty's Lakesideitis on that leg.

Cross should be leading 4-0.

>Dross "First Round Loss" Montgomery now in final-set-at-Lakeside mode

THAT BACKWARDS 164!

>Monty: 87.43 average
Back to normality for him.

DAT 164

Cross went HAM all of a sudden.

Has Cross been taking some of Peter Wright's pre-interview spray

Christ Rob Cross had the most homosexual laugh I've ever hears

My thoughts exactly.

Kek.

>Robbie Green v Peter Machin
>preceded by yet another Feel montage

Is Peter Machin the BDO equivalent of Dolel?

>slow pace
>doesn't average above 90
>only known for one thing

This is dire to watch

Kong is still haunted by choking like fuck to Taylor.

Machin is just completely out of his depth.

>losing to Peter Machin
>King Bong
Appalling game.

>Both averages below 80
That must be the worst PDC game I ever saw outside of some worlds prelims

IT

IS

TIME

HE

IS

HERE

Already a chant.

Absolutely no way that Wade is going to win this unless he seriously improves his scoring.

What's the point of starting 66 on bull? Why aim for the smallest target when you can do 10's or 14's?

You hit bull, you leave 16.

Only the most confident do it otherwise you'll see them going T10.

>pheel

I hate this crowd.

Is Pheel throwing the last game of the group stage again?

I know it leaves D8, but I don't see why you'd start on the smallest target. I know Priestly used to do it, and Phil often does now.

>throws 30
>camera cuts to a sign with 'taylor legend' on it.

Kek

All about how confident you are.

>these Group C matches
Fucking dire.

I think most of them probably hit bull more often then T10 because they practice more on it.

>24
>multiple major winner James Wade

The DRA are going to be all over this match.

Thank fuck Taylel threw that game.

We did not need to see Robbie Green get raped by Gurney.

Do you think Pheel had money on that game somewhere?

He didn't want Kong to get through.

Why? Does he like Wade more?

Probably.

The tournament needed it as well.

>the Webster/Webster 9 dart shootout is to determine which one Feel bends over in the last 16

>struggling to beat Jamie Hughes
>roidlet

>losing 5-1 to Hughes
>Price

>losing 5-1 to the dumbest man in the West Midlands and being eliminated from the tournament
Spectacularly bad from Ice Ice Steroids.

Great montage

>you now remember the 2017 semi-final which was somehow even better

I dont really remember that as well, other than Barney didnt throw the towel in iirc. That third round match will linger for a long time.

>That third round match will linger for a long time.
Oh of course.

Had Michael won it, it would have been nowhere near as memorable.

>Irishman with an exploding dart

>Barney throwing it so he can play Michael

Maybe not.

Lennon still very impressive despite tailing off.

>that T19 from Little Man
That was brilliant.

lol micro man with the treble 19 to win it

Holy shit

And that tight 9 dart shootout closes the group stage as the tournament's worst session is done.

Group D saw Danny Noppert come back to near his best as he defeated a wasteful Mark Webster. Webby got off to a quick start going 2-1 up with minimal fuss, but missed his next 6 at a finish as Noppie punished with a 42% finishing rate. This meant little Darren Webster had to win 2 legs against Daryl Gurney to progress, but failed: averaging 10 points less than his opponent, Demolition Manlet could only claim one to set up said shootout.

Group A was far simpler as both baldies advanced. Michael van Gerwen started slowly against Joe Murnan, managing to drop 2 legs but unbelievably averaged 108, including a bull start 135. Rob Cross on the other hand had to fight hard to beat Ross Montgomery; after The Boss survived 5 break darts, he took out 125 on tops and kept up for the next three legs before his opponent's superiority prevailed: a 106 average and a "backwards" 164 won it for Cross.

Group C ended in farce as Robbie Green somehow managed to get eliminated despite being 3 legs ahead of James Wade at the start of play. The reason for that was one of the worst games ever seen in the Slam as Kong's mind was still on his choke against Phil Taylor and along with Peter Machin averaged under 80 and lost 5-3. Pheel, safe in the knowledge he was going to be top with 3 legs, threw his match to gift Wadey a last 16 place.

Gerwyn Price blew a prime opportunity to make it to the last 16 as he crashed and burned against Jamie Hughes. Yozzer made up for his shambles against Steve Lennon with a 5-1 victory over the Ice Man who never looked comfortable. Lennon pushed Raymond van Barneveld hard but the old man's experience prevailed.

The 9 dart shootout saw Welsh Webster blunder by switching to 19s and only scoring 58, but when small Webster hit T1 with his 8th dart, T19 was his saviour as he progressed.

We return tomorrow with the first half of the second round. See you then.