Rape is not motivated primarily by sexual attraction. It is motivated by power and dominance

>Rape is not motivated primarily by sexual attraction. It is motivated by power and dominance.

Is this a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

faculty.csbsju.edu/uspp/crimpsych/CPSG-5.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who the fuck thinks that?

Feminists and critical theorists.

Sauce

Do it yourself faggot.

It's the same motivation as theft, whatever that is.

You have the opportunity to seize something you normally wouldn't be able to have, so you take advantage of an opportunistic situation.

Your claim, I don't believe anybody thinks that. Not even feminists.

This explains the types of rapists from a profile's point of view:
faculty.csbsju.edu/uspp/crimpsych/CPSG-5.htm

Also, this is not Sup Forums related. This is a Sup Forums thread. Kindly fuck off.

So, sociologists whose opinions mean squat.

Psychology student here, it actually is. Memes aside, rape is about power. That being said, power/dominance and sexual lust often go together.

Google "Rape is about power". Google headline as well as pages of articles.

WUTS YA SOURCE BLURGH

Of course it's about power. If it was about sex it wouldn't happen because you could always have sex with someone even more horrible than yourself.

I have a rape fetish, and to me it is all about dominance.

Just take a fucking bullshit humanity class sometime. It's one of the fundamental cores of critical theory and modern feminism. Everything is about power, it's an extension and hand me down from the Marxist concepts of class struggle. Critical theory took that and expanded it to oppressed classes vs oppressor classes. This almost means that white men technically can't get "raped" by women, or depending on how deep you go, non-white men
Pretty much, except for all the humanities.

It's obvious bullshit. Sometimes rape is about power & dominance, but that's the minority.

It's women projecting since they use sex as a way of power/dominance over men all the time.

>psychology
>a real science
Pick one

I don't know. I've never raped anyone before

yeah it's bullshit
here's some more often repeated bullshit
> Most transvestites are heterosexual
> Gays make good parents
> Most serial killers are white males

This is true.

By raping a woman, the man therefore removing any power (sex privileges) the woman had over him.

No. It's just feminist bullshit and has been for a long time.

I guess some cases might be power/control freaks, but surely that's a small minority. It's about wanting sex, and probably often about wanting to spread your genes-- to someone who wouldn't willingly take them.

>Nig spots woman
>Shieeet
>Ooga booga gibs me dat pussy
>Rape

Don't see any bullshit about power and dominance, nig just wants to satisfy himself.

>im sexually attracted to items

>Rape is not motivated primarily by sexual attraction. It is motivated by power and dominance.
Sexual attraction is linked to power lust though

yeah this totally doesn't sound like a fake story posted by a horny teenager

I do agree that some rape is about power (usually in prison scenarios) but current;ly rape is being painted with too broad of a brush.

If you are a guy who literally rapes people intentionally and knows its rape its about power.

If you are some guy who thinks "no means yes" and that women always protest a little and need some dominance before giving in are committing technical rape by modern legal definitions but are engaging in historically vanilla sex, assuming that she gives in fairly quickly and her protestations seem to be about vanity or restraint rather than outright abhorrence.

couldn't tell you, i've never raped someone before

but i imagine it comes from the urge to fuck

nigga if i wanted feel powerful or dominant i would rape mike tyson

dude what

They taught this in my college Sociology class that I was required to take.

Then women undeniably lie about rape then. When a girl and a guy get drunk and they start to have sex, then the girl says no, the guy is not enacting a power fantasy, he is horny as fuck and wants to jizz in someone.

Aren't there numerous studies suggesting its just about sexual desire, and not "power" at all?

bullshit
men want to fuck.
some have shit impulse control, psychopathy, criminality, poor social skills
-the power theory is a projection of the mind of a fucking feminist who was mistreated by Daddy

When i rape it is most certainly about sex, not power.

JETHUTH QUITHE THOP WHATH WONG WITH YOU

Anything feminists think is a meme.

steven pinker made a good case for it. in one of his books he describes how a researcher who suggested this seemingly obvious conclusion was absolutely castrated by the brainwashed academic community. what the hell would a woman know about a testosterone-based life form and how he feels?

I wonder if he got raped in prison, Tyson is tough but he's not tough enough to fight off 10 niggers armed with shivs and pieces of steel pipe

Sometimes it probably is in the case of psychopathic rapists. Most of the time it's probably about sex. The fiki fiki hordes currently raping in Germany and Sweden aren't going after the uggos. They're after the young, tight, blonde haired aryians.

yeah but you know when they called him Iron Mike they were talking about his sphincter

yeah this totally doesn't sound like a fake story posted by a horny teenager

Probably, but it doesn't change the fact that orgasms aren't an unusual occurrence during rape.

I don't know if it's like that, but It's not that straightforward either. I've read in some studies and interviews that with rapists and their logic is distorted.

For example, if you ask a men: you HAVE to rape someone, would you rape a *hot 10/10 scantily clad woman* or an *average looking normally clothed woman*?

Normal men would always pick the hot one, obviously, to them it's just about sex. Rapists, however, would tend to pick the other one because they see her as a less intimidating, more fragile victim, with less probability of reporting the crime due to shame.