240 years ago, a group of merchants, philosophers, politicians, public speakers. lawyers, and military officers...

240 years ago, a group of merchants, philosophers, politicians, public speakers. lawyers, and military officers, created and signed a document that made them traitors and terrorists in the eyes of their rulers and brothers in a far away land. They did so out of a need felt by most colonists, a need to be able to manage their own destiny, with politicians appointed by the peoples of their homeland, and not a king or parliament an ocean away.

That document started a desperate land and naval war that raged for over 8 years, killing over a hundred thousand and destabilizing the entirety of The 13 Colonies, between the help of our French and Spanish allies, and waning support of the War on the home-front, the English finally ended the struggle with The Treaty of Paris, and the beginnings of the now United States of America was formed.

Never forget the day that a group of men looked at the most powerful nation and man on earth and said NO, in the biggest, boldest, and most daringly insane way possible. They signed with their name on the dotted line, a document their then former king would read, and demand their heads. They knew the risks, and they did it anyway, because they believed in something, something greater than themselves, something they knew that could be good, beautiful, and righteous.

And the men that followed them on their path knew the uncertainty too, it was all too possible for them to lose everything, but they went ahead anyway. Because they knew what they were doing was right, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Never forget those 56 men, those that followed them into the glorious annals of history, or the document they created together to try and secure the rights of man over Tyranny, Oppression, and Malice.

God Bless them. and God Bless the United States of America.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHp7sMqPL0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

America is dead

White minority in 5 years tops

/thread

The average age of empires is 250 years. We are at 240. I hope we make it.

this is true

Even if we're gone, we've left our mark on this world, something akin to a modern Rome. What comes from our ashes I think one day will create something great again.

America is an idea. It is alive in everyone who holds dear the ideals that once made this country great.

Our leaders may have betrayed us and right now out rights might only exist on paper, but as long as there are people who believe in freedom, self-determination, individualism tempered by nationalism and the radical idea that all men are endowed by their creator with the unalienable right to pursue happiness, America lives on in all of us.

And we can make it great again.

240 years ago a group of rich landowners decided they didn't want to pay tax anymore and took advantage of the distance they were from the tax collectors to incite their tenants to fight against the ruling power. "No taxation without representation (but make sure you keep paying the rent plebs)".

>these integers
LORD KEK WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN US?

>this is what Tories actually believe

You know, for a supposedly White country, you sure haven't done a whole fuck of a lot...

>no taxation without representation

NZ has 4 million people.
We have a fuck load of achievements for the size of our population.

Even the 2nd amendment leans toward it. No standing army (well regulated, right to bear arms, therefore self financing) means lower taxes. Lower taxes means the rich get richer, the poor stay the same.
A new aristocracy was created by the founding fathers, an enlightenment inspired one perhaps but an aristocracy all the same. And their just the same as ours, only ours has had more practice.

You are now aware that America uses the British dating system for their Independence Day.
4th of July vs July 4th
Stay cucked burgers!

>thinking the entire war was just about the taxation
>not realizing what "no taxation without representation" is about

>Tories are THIS retarded

I liked LOTR

oh god not the dating system, whatever are we to do

guess i'll kill myself

The people voted for those taxes.

Sometimes I wonder if democracy was a mistake. Without democracy, governments would have no incentive to produce propaganda or keep secrets. They would do what they wanted and we'd either go with it or be shot, but at least it would be honest. Billions of dollars wouldn't have been invested into making us believe what's convenient for the ruling class and predicting our behavior and monitoring us and it's entirely possible no one would know how to manipulate people on a global scale.

I mean if I'm gonna get fucked in the ass I'd rather not also be made to believe I'm enjoying it and should encourage it my entire life.

The difference between our aristocracy and European ones is that our aristocratic families always fade away and are constantly being replaced by new ones. Where is the Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Madison, Franklin families today? Somewhere to be sure, but not in power. In America dynasties form, and then fall away, as newer families grab power from them. Very different from the families that hold power for centuries in Europe.

Not sure what this difference is worth, but it is a difference.

They fought against an inherently hierarchal system only to install another just with them at the top rather than someone 3000 miles away, and based it less in who your father was and more on how much money you have.

While our ruling class is still based on familial connection (Cameron is a toff, so is Gideon) yours is more financial in nature. We can have broke toffs (Lord Lucan is a good example) but in the US once your broke your nothing.

Independence was a mistake really.

>(((merchants)))
You got that right. Now sing, sing! Proclaim your loyalty to Israel again!!

>240 years ago, a group of merchants, philosophers, politicians, public speakers. lawyers, and military officers, created and signed a document that made them traitors and terrorists in the eyes of their rulers and brothers in a far away land.
Really makes you think. ISIS are the founding fathers of our time.

>merchants

fick dich kamerad, fick dich

>Even if we're gone, we've left our mark on this world, something akin to a modern Rome. What comes from our ashes I think one day will create something great again.
American culture is the single most pervasive culture in the current world. It will survive, in some form, one way or the other.

I will do my part by drinking bourbon and listening to country music.

>merchants
This is some of the most opaque and well-crafted bait I have seen in a long time. This is artisan-level bait, intense and focused, balanced yet persistent. Overall character is that of a sex loaded scarlet; endowed, jaunty and erotically scented with every part smelling and tasting provocative, flamboyant, and blooming. Its gorgeous, vaunting style is burning, mantling, and amorous with an extravagant softness that is grandiose, exotic, and pursed lipped. There is an edginess, sophistication and dominating air that questions whether your palate has the true aptitude to handle the complete clutch of this much worldliness.

RATING: Five (5) Mics in The Source

Bravo, OP, and thank you Sup Forums for indoctrinating (red-pilling) me so thoroughly that I will never be able to read that word again without picturing a jew rubbing his hands together.

WE
THE
PEOPLE
IN
ORDER
TO
FORM
A
MORE
PERFECT
UNION

youtube.com/watch?v=yHp7sMqPL0g