Why you never told me that this is really great kino?

Why you never told me that this is really great kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JgfLh_7i8bo&t=1m6s
youtube.com/watch?v=QWLBtMz5OuY
youtu.be/7jMlFXouPk8
vimeo.com/19256758
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because this isn't Sup Forums.

this movie fucked me up as a kid. I started seeing faces in the inkblot designs in my shower. Couldn't look at trains. Felt sick whenever I looked at grounded up beef, made me depressed. Holy fuck, it was not a good idea to watch this when I was so young.

Because all we care about is nu-age shit like comic book movies.

Best Pink Floyd Album bar none

I wish Sup Forums had its own kpg

The only good part of this movie is The Trial

It's not even in their top 5.

>I don't like Mondays.

same, i remember watching it when i was a kid. even now minced beef makes me feel sick

SILENCE BEFORE THE COURT

I hate the changes they made to the songs in the movie. Having Bob Geldof sing Roger Waters parts was a terrible idea. And Waters hated Gilmour so much that he intentionally puts dialog and crap over all his guitar solos.

Try Animals. Or Meddle. Or Dsotm. Or Wywh. Or ...

It had some cool parts but as a whole the movie was pretty fucking boring. Only the animated scenes were really great.

What Shall We Do Now? is however much better than Empty Spaces.

Whoa, this totally predicted Trump

Fucking cucks!

must you

>calling my 7 year old self a cuck
f-fuck you a-hole!

>watching with family
>young lust scene comes on

>Animals
>Meddle

This guy knows. When I younger I thought Animals was there best but now I think Meddle might be their best. Dogs just gets me too worked up, and I usually listen to it when I'm pissed off.

i prefer the black parade as a concept album desu

>it's a fourteen year olds smoke pot for the first time thread

I just listened to it for the first time. Maybe I'm too old for it. I didn't like the way he sings. Teenagers was still great, it was the only song I had heard before.

I greatly prefer American Idiot, but maybe it's nostalgia.

It's a fantastic videoclip, but not a very good movie. The emotion is all in the music and the visuals don't do much better than give you something cool to look at. If it were to follow a narrative, it would need much work on its structure, and if the aesthetics could surely be improved. The animation sequences are top kino, though.

I like The Wall but its far from the best, Meddle is their best

check out the live at pompeii versions of echoes and a saucerful of secrets m8

word

DSotM is pleb
The Wall is normie
Meddle is contrarian
WYWH is patrician

I love how the spergs on this site always gotta play the hipster contrarians and pretend like a band's worst albums were actually their best. Meddle? Animals? Are you fucking kidding me?

Just because DSotM was their most iconic and most popular album, it doesn't mean that it's not good. Meddle was absolute garbage like the rest of their pre-DSotM work. The only saving grace is Echoes, which gets old after a few listens. One of These Days was some ridiculous lazy songwriting and everything else was forgettable. What the fuck were they thinking on Seamus?

Animals was boring as shit. "We ran out of ideas a while ago so let's take drag 3 songs out to fill an entire album." The only good part of the entire album is the opening to Dogs. The Wall was their "we want the Fleetwood Mac audience" album. Another Brick in the Wall is a joke. D-MINOR BRO, LOL. Everything else on that album was trash and filler. Bob Geldof is gay.

Rick Wright was the only one who could write song. The Great Gig in the Sky is the greatest thing the band ever did. It's no wonder that everything after Wish You Were Here fucking sucked since Wright was effectively out of the band.

>mother, do you think they'll try to break my balls?
>oooooh ah, mother, should I build the wall?
>mother, should I run for president?
>mother, should I trust the government?
>mother, will they put me in the firing line?
>oooooh ah, is it just a waste of time?

What did they mean by this?

t. pleb

Go listen to Kanye.

Kanye is the kind of shit suited for gay faggot hipster contrarians such as yourself. I bet you're the kind of dipshit who also pretends that In Utero is Nivarna's best album and that Nevermind sucks simply because it was insanely popular.

it's unbearable trash. get some taste in music ffs

NOBODY thinks Meddle is "one of their worst", their worst stuff is super early or super late. The middle is easily debatable

>have taste in music and disregard one of the most acclaimed albums of a time period because "it's trash"
lel

>their worst stuff is super early

Nigger what? Piper at the Gates is one of the greatest albums of all time.

t. 2007 emo fag

they don't have any albums with more than three good songs

Said nobody ever, good that you think its great, but it's always after the middle albums in countdowns.

I can understand debating Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of the Moon but you're on some nasty shit if you think that anything else can come close. I'm not saying that you can't like a few songs on other albums but overall, the rest were pure fucking garbage.

I'm honestly surprised that there aren't more retards here pretending that Obscured by Clouds or Atom Heart Mother is their best.

I don't deny that, all I'm saying is that DSotM is unquestionably their best. Overall they were a pretty terrible band that got EXTREMELY lucky. Roger Waters was a fucking awful songwriter. Look at Saucerful of Secrets, More, Obscured by Clouds, and The Final Cut. They don't even belong in the bargain bin - they should've never been printed in the first place. How can anyone take this band seriously when they seriously released The Final Cut?

Money was just a lucky riff. Look how much shit Waters wrote before he accidentally stumbled upon that riff. Brain Damage is the kind of song that an 11-year-old would write after first learning a few guitar chords. The only other good songs on that album were Great Gig and Us and Them, both Rick Wright's work.

Gilmour is a shit songwriter too (Division Bell, A Momentary Lapse of Reason) but his solos were an integral part of helping Waters to not suck so much ass. His solo on "Time" is the song's only saving grace.

There's a lot of critically acclaimed trash. Pink floyd is up there though, even their best albums are cringe and the wall is no where near their best

>Shitting on Meddle

Hey. Hey you. Fuck you.

But yeah, Seamus is their worst song.

Not the same person, but I do think In Utero was Nirvana's best album. According to Kurt, it was the sound they were wanting the whole time. Nevermind is a great album, though.

>have nice pink floyd thread
>it gets run over by manchildren with shit taste

fuck off to your capeshit threads you cocksuckers.

>DSotM is pleb

Such a stupid contrarian position. Their music is great across all of their albums but to claim that Dark Side of the Moon is a bad album? That is fucking ridiculous. The music is tremendous. You hate it why? Because it translated to a multitude of people? And WE'RE plebs for liking it? Get fucked.

>obscured by clouds
>more
>atom heart mother

you claiming these are bad ? you're a fucking joke and your opinions are trash tier.

Drain You is probably one of the best songs in their entire catalogue. It makes Nevermind and there are great songs all over that album. FMIRL if you disagree.

Kurt was really unhappy with the mixing and mastering last I read. He panned Nevermind in typical prima donna fashion because it was smeared with glossy pop production that was totally contrary to what was going on in Seattle at the time.

He basically just wanted to clone the drum sound on Surfer Rosa and he got exactly that, but that doesn't make for good songs. All Apologies is great and a few others like Rape Me and Dumb were pretty good but it had some pretty terrible songs as well. Nevermind's only weak point is Stay Away, which is still tolerable.

One of these days, I'm going to find every copy of Meddle and cut it into pieces. Everyone praising Meddle might as well just say they like Echoes because the rest of the album was trash. The only reason that album exists is for the sake of Echoes. The rest is contractually obligated filler.

"Oy mates what if we just take an old bass and play B for a few minutes straight?"

You didn't even list Animals.

I agree that WYWH is my fav tho.

Because Animals is legitimately that worthless and forgettable. Atom Heart Mother part II.

My honest opinion of Meddle is One Of These Days is great, A Pillow Of Winds is comfy but the lyrics are quite generic (the Golden Dawn lyric aggravates the fuck out of me, anyone can write that boring shit), Fearless is awesome, San Tropez is comfy as fuck, Seamus is bad and Echoes is their best song.

It's another "Roger Waters gets out his 10th grade text book political ramblings" album.

10th grade is being generous. Animal Farm is elementary school-tier.

Why are concept albums so great yet so rare?

WYWH is so incredibly perfect I don't understand why they continued making music. It's the pinnacle of everything the band had been through and it comes together masterfully.

oi who let all this riff raff into the thread

I liked it but for some reason it feels weird to like it when apparently the band hated it

Yeah it's the last album the entire band considered themselves working as a cohesive unit.

>Animals
>Atom Heart Mother part II

AHM was Nick Mason fucking off with the rest of the Floyd chipping in one song apiece.

It's a bit sad when you consider for the most part Roger's made the rest of his career off The Wall.

>makes the band create The Final Cut which is a self-pity party for one with lesser songs left off The Wall and more "muh daddy died" songs.
>makes concept albums that are not nearly as liked as The Wall
>does The Wall in Berlin
>retains the rights to The Wall in the Pink Floyd lawsuit
>does the money making The Wall tour a few years back

And that's about it.

Waters is probably the biggest hack in musical history. There's a reason why Barrett was the original bandleader and why Rick Wright primarily carried the band afterwards. I don't understand how anyone in the band managed to keep a straight face and say "Yes Roger, that's a great idea" when he first introduced Let There be More Light to the rest of the band.

youtube.com/watch?v=JgfLh_7i8bo&t=1m6s

And this cunt has the audacity to charge like $500 per ticket.

Didn't he write an opera, as in a proper one?

Put 'em up against the Wall!

Because it isn't kino.

It's a great music video and I love it but as far as movie-making goes, it's rather pedestrian. The animation is on the level of Terry Gilliam in the Monty Python years (which had its' place there). I don't know what else to say other than it's a great music video. Better than most.

Not kino, though...

You might want to check out some opera.
Not joking.
If you're serious...

The fact that you're not even sure is a testament to the fact that nothing else in his shitty """career""" mattered.

He wants to make money

I can't say I blame him

Rick Wright was practically the unappreciated soul of the band. It's no surprise that when he was kicked out after The Wall it all went further into the shit.

m'lday

Oh I remember loving pink floyd in middle school. I was that cunt who walked around with a DSOTM t shirt and called people fags for liking eminem.

ARE THERE ANY QUEERS IN THE THEATRE TONIGHT?

Rick Wright wrote the best or the only acceptable songs on the albums that followed Piper up to Wish You Were Here. Great Gig is an absolute masterpiece. The intro to Wish You Were Here is mesmerizing.

I liked it.

FUCK MARGARET THATCHER

A Self Pity Party by Roger Waters

That's because you're a fanboy, phoneposter. The only other people this delusional are the ones who like The King of Limbs.

It's a lot better when you just see it as The Wall: Bonus Tracks and Solo songs by Waters

That's exactly why it's rubbish.

As Gilmour said - "If these songs weren't good enough for The Wall, why are they good enough now?"

>Not listing Obscured by Clouds or Atom Heart Mother or Saucerful of Secrets

Pleb.

Whos going to be next to kick the bucket?

>it's a "evil thatcher should have let those poor argies have the falklands :((((' episode

You're talking about Wish You Were Here, right?

More like Songs So Shitty That They Didn't Even Make it On a Shit Album: The Album.

Even plebs who pretend to like The Wall only know it for Another Brick in the Wall and Comfortably Numb. Does anyone actually give a fuck about The Thing Ice, Empty Spaces, One of my Turns, Don't Leave Me Now, or anything else on The Wall for that matter?

The Final Cut is pretty much just Vera and Bring the Boys Back Home extended over the length of a full album. Not even the most delusional of Pink Floyd fanboys can defend the existence of any of the aforementioned songs.

gilmour, pls go

/thread

Empty Spaces is great, even better in the extended version in the film.

Final Cut has a few good songs, 'Not Now John' being one that i remember off the top of my head.

It isn't top tier PF, but it is hardly garbage.
why are you so fucking angry?

Why are /tvmu/ threas always so comfy

He asked Roger for an autograph and got told "go back to fascist israel you kike!"

What was he thinking?

roger is going strong

youtube.com/watch?v=QWLBtMz5OuY

Empty Spaces is banging on a trash can lid for 2 minutes for the sake of leading into Young Lust, the only other song on the album that plebs might recognize apart from Another Brick and Comfortable Numb.

Gunner's Dream, Paranoid Eyes and Two Suns in the Sunset are great songs, so fuck off back to Sup Forums, kiddo.

This thread is pretty comfy not gonna lie.

Pompeii is the real Pink Floydkino

Pink Floyd music videos are pure kino

youtu.be/7jMlFXouPk8

that long tracking shot behind the band during echoes on live at pompeii is pure kino

True. It's well-shot, simple, direct and sticks to its guns without the typical fluff a concert movie like that tends to devolve into.

Director's Cut is absolute garbage though.

This. DSoTM and The Wall are grossly overrated. Meddle is Pink Floyd's true masterpiece.

vimeo.com/19256758