Why do Americans write the month first?

Why do Americans write the month first?

>"That's how you say it, month first"
>What's the date today?
>"It's the fourth of July"

because americans are dumb inbred shits

"July Fourth" is a thing where I live. I don't know about other burgers.

Retardation

the month is the most important piece of information in a date, just like how the hour is more important than the minute

Turks are dumber than Muricans and have higher rates of incest.

What is it with butthurt sub-humans and insulting other people? You have no right to insult anyone.

Because that gives you context for the day.

7/4/16 versus 4/7/16. If you read the latter, you see that it's the fourth of something first, and that it's in 2016. But the former tells you it's a date in the 7th month of 2016.

>Turkish
>calling others inbred
>always trying to shit talk Americans
When will you stop being so asshurt all the time?

Why not? Who the fuck cares?

sage this shit

"The business of America is business."
Writing the month first means every years' documentation is in order.
Stupid people will never have even thought that. They'll just mutter 'inbreds durp' or 'lol redard'. Because they aren't American.

Why do Japanese women put cock roaches in their pussies?

this

oh look this thread again...

I understand you guys have some sort of inferiority complex against us but it just looks pathetic when you go about it on freedom day. It's like you aren't even trying to hide your true intentions.

NASA uses metric.

Why?

The date thing isn't that bad, the USA still not using the metric system is the true insanity.

NASA didn't use metric until the late 90s.

Savage

old habits die hard

There are still countries that drive on the left side too, you know

>NASA uses metric
Which is why we have no space program now.
Thanks, obama.
Like all the failure countries.

Because June first is less words than The first of June.

Not sure if bait

There are 12 months to choose from

31 days to choose from

and OVER 200 YEARS to choose from you fucking retard

2000* years. Either way, your pyramid is retarded

>Not sure if bait

Why?

Why can't language sound pleasant?

I'm not a fucking computer.

how do you get 2000, there's been 6000 years

>being mad about something that doesn't matter
W E W lad

There are only 12 months to choose from

There are 28-31 days to choose from, depending on the month

Look at the original picture again. They flipped the day and month section with no logical basis to do it.

Not sure if bait

There are 60 seconds to choose from

60 minutes to choose from

and 24 HOURS to choose from you fucking retard

fucking eurofags, it's 11:30:05, NOT 11:05:30

-.-

Remember the stadia?
Yeah, no one else does either. It's the old metric system. No one knows the length because it was retarded to base a measurement on a made-up concept.
The meter is the distance light travels in blahblahblah. After the next war, no one will be able to measure that.
In the English system, the base measurement is part of the human body (no, not your feet, dumbass), and so can't be lost.

Month
Day
Year

Looks like a solid pyramid to me. Go fuck yourself.

That's still wrong

For usa the month should be on the bottom

Lel

Month: any whole number from 1 to 12
Day: any whole number from 1 to 30
Year: infinity

I was asking why you aren't sure if it's bait. It's clearly bait.

Minute: 60 seconds
Hour: 60 minutes
Day: 24 hours
Month: ~30 days
Year: 12 months

>Why do Americans write the month first?
Because calendars are paper books.

Say you and I were conducting an important and time-sensitive operation over the phone. I tell you the date, and the first thing you'll want is the page it is on, right?

this

/thread

>"That's how you say it, month first"

we actually do it just to confuse and anger the rest of the world

fuck are you gonna do about it

This is such a trivial fucking criticism of the US. There is no reason to get butthurt at the US for this shit.

But Sup Forums will argue over any fucking thing

Because pyramids are for Egyptian desert niggers and we're not about that

We also like to mix things up to confuse the rest of the world. It's our way of filtering out the retards

Because a month can balance on a day.

Yeah, it's interchangeable in MI.

"July fourth weekend"

"It's dah fireworks tonigh"

Because its an American system. We use feet and inches and Fahrenheit because we feel like it.

Stay mad. We don't do great things because of you

In business, the most important two figures are the month and the date.
The year can be generally assumed. So it's written last if at all.

If you're organizing a spreadsheet, writing the day first is a pain in the ass. It's far more convenient to write the month first so everything is in linear order. Most projects fall within the same year, and the exact due date of the project is flexible: so the month is the relevant factor.

When you're telling someone the due date of your project, you don't say "it'll be in on the 5th". Because you haven't specified what month you're talking about (the year is assumed unless otherwise stated). It's far better to say "it'll be done by July", specifying the general time frame while leaving yourself a little bit of wiggle room on the exact date

It's just an issue of convenience. Our society isn't scientifically planned, the customs evolve organically

progression (lowest to highest)

It makes sense in terms of length

Month: 1 - 12
Day: 1 - 31
Year: 0 - ????

Because there is literally nothing wrong with it.

Right the election to Hillary wins. Its what you get fucker

Because most people say "May 3rd" or "August 31st", not "the seventeenth of November".

That makes no sense and you know it, you can put anything into a fucking pyramid shape, doesn't make it logical

I hear them saying, "4th of July."
In fact, there's a movie called "Born on the Fourth of July" about a Vietnam war vet that finds out he lost his legs in the war for nothing.

laugh at you kek

>whose flag is on the moon

No ones, the flags are white now.

you do realize that the temperature scale isn't 0-100 by default? we're not talking about percentages, we're essentially talking about a made up scale. they all relate to each other, and the start is absolute zero, which kelvin has set to 0. that means that celcius starts at -273,15, not 0. dumb fuck.

I'll break it down for you, britbong

>smallest set
>larger set
>largest set

So, a French flag?

>day
>month
>year

>this concept is too hard for the amerifat to understand

>Which is why we have no space program now.
>Thanks, obama.
LMAO
This post made me laugh

Because FUCK YOU, that's why

Did you know that the metric movement originally tried to make clocks with 100 seconds? And 10 hours in a day?

Nobody went for it. Because it wasn't useful or convenient for everyday usage (just like the metric system).
This is the problem with a couple scientists trying to centrally micromanage the customs of the entire society out of whole cloth. It doesn't work.

For example, Europeans constantly give Americans shit for their Imperial units. The fact is that Imperial units are scaled to the proportions of the human body. They're very intuitive and easy to work with. While the metric system works well for a scientist off in an ivory tower, it might not be the best system of measurement for the population at large.

Conversion factors are extremely easy, rewriting your entire system of measurement just to eliminate conversion factors is retarded.
Besides, the metric system is arbitrary as fuck. What is a meter defined as, 1/100,000th of the Earth's circumference? And it turns out the measurement they based it on was wrong

>month
>hour
>day
>minute
>second
>year

>a set of days is larger than a set of month, consisting of roughly 30 days

>can't understand that 1-12 is a smaller range than 1-31

>can't understand convenience of sorting things by the month rather than the day

>being this ill-informed to participate

You don't have to admit you're dumb. It's assumed.

That analogy is not even accurate, moron.

>Muslims calling anyone inbred

Why do you think the average Muslim IQ is a full standard deviation lower than Europeans? Inbred roach.

These

I work in chemical manufacturing so we constantly have to do GDP bullshit and write initials and date....but we write the date as 04Jul16, euro style.

I do it in everyday conversation out of habit and it makes me the ASSHOLE IN THE ROOM

that means
>month
>hour
>day
>minute
>second
>year
by your logic

That's why it goes second, because it's a larger range than 1-12. Then it's in order from the smallest set to the largest set.

You read from the top to the bottom, so the pyramid is for the European logic.

i can't even tell if this is a joke or not..

I could say the same thing about the current state of your country Sven

So you only have one document per month? What if you have 100 documents to file? If you're going to read the whole date anyway then your point is irrelevant...

>hey gus mudslim yoke xD

In what world are you living that you include the minute, second, and the hour in dating things?

In our set understanding of how we date things, which will include an arrangement of the month, day, and year, out of those 3 variables the month has the smallest range.

This is beginning to be a problem of general logic, for you.

>0°C
>fairly cold

mate that is literally freezing

You know, JUST KNOW, that was written by a fat black woman.

They're all units of time you cretin

>thinking 32° Fahrenheit is shit

Wew lad you don't know cold then

the correct answer.

some of you people are genuinely retarded

It should be YYYY/MM/DY
But honestly, who cares.

>murrican people

MM/DD/YYYY

>most of the world's people

DD/MM/YYYY

>business standard

YYYY/MM/DD

>implying people who live outside the US are relevant

Day/month makes more sense than month/day. I don't understand why Americans seem to think that set size matters more than the size of the objects in the set.

That said, no-one seems to notice the objectively superior method (especially for the information age,) of year/month/day. Today is 2016-07-04.

Millimeters and milligrams are units of measurement, too, but I'm pretty fuckin sure we don't use them concerning height and weight.

So using that same logic, that the second, minute, and hour aren't used to measure the date,

The month is the smallest range.

Pls insert brain here

DDMMMYYYY is the single best date format.

A bunch of numbers and slashes is just fucking confusing.

04JUL1776

It's IMPOSSIBLE to misinterpret the above.

04/07/76
or worse
4/7/76
Who the fuck knows what it is. What century? What month? Which is the day?

DDMMMYYYY is absolute best.

Thats an awful analogy because its presented as a whole and is easy to interpret in any format.

I could just as easily say that the day is the page, the month is the section and the year is the chapter.

In reality, there's no logical reason for it. It doesn't necessarily make it less valid, but it would make you look less retarded if you were to stop trying to come up with terrible similies.

>That said, no-one seems to notice the objectively superior method (especially for the information age,) of year/month/day. Today is 2016-07-04.

This is what we use in Japan.

The idea behind it is good, but ultimately badly implemented.
If you're asking when something happened, giving the month before the day is good because it conveys more immediately useful information. However, the proper way to do it would be giving the year first, then month and then day, omitting the year if it's obvious given the circumstances (see ISO 8601)
However, in a classical case of American retardation, they give the year last, after month and day, ultimately losing any benefits you could have over the usual day/month/year system.

Its business standard, anyone who isn't a neet or low level lackey is used to yyyy-mm-dd as an alternative.

Or i guess if you just don't work in that sort of environment.

A fucking turkroach

>"It's the fourth of July"

That is the only day we say that, the other 364 days it's month first

There would be no confusion with DD/MM/YYYY, or any arrangement of DD MM and YYYY, if the whole world only ever used that method. Your confusion isn't coming from the method being used, but the fact that someone could have been using a different method.