Former Japanese PM tells Olympic athletes to sing the f'ing national anthem

Oi vey! It's considered right-wing to actually sing Japan's national anthem

> “It’s not just a case of mouthing the words,” Mori said. “If you get to stand on the winners’ podium, sing the national anthem with a loud voice.

> “If you won’t sing the national anthem, then you can’t consider yourselves representatives of Japan – that’s what I want to say to you.”

It is sad that nationalism is so taboo in Japanese society, that this kind of shit gets a ton of criticism.

Other urls found in this thread:

nippon.com/en/in-depth/a00703/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Repeating digits attempt

Good for Japan. It's nice to know my autistic obsession with a country's reject entertainment exports at least focused on one of the last based nations in the world.

How is nationalism taboo in japan? Aren't they massive xenophobes who hate anyone from any other country who comes over there to take jobs?

Is it a WW2 guilt thing?

Are you actually Japanese?

Also, fuck yeah, based Japan.

It's not WW2 guilt really, it's more "We got nuked twice because of nationalism" - thing.

Nationalism and patriotism are taboo. The education system is firmly left-wing. That's why you hear news stories crying foul every time conservative politicians try to introduce a little bit of national pride to education.

Not wanting mass immigration is an entirely different issue. You can be ashamed to sing the national anthem, but still not want Chinese people to move into your neighborhood.

Nah bro, I am American. Lived here for over 10 years, working in Tokyo.

So the left wing in japan are anti-immigration? What areas do they have actual left-wing ideology?

>You can be ashamed to sing the national anthem, but still not want Chinese people to move into your neighborhood.

I don't get it.

>Don't want white people polluting your culture/race

>wont sing the song of your people

God damn it, just once I want an actual Jap poster on Sup Forums

You'd think that with so many old people, nips wouldn't be such cucks.

Prime Minister Mori was famous for making a "gaffe" while in office. He said that Japan was "a country of the gods centered on the emperor." (日本の国、まさに天皇を中心としている神の国である)

That got him in major trouble from both the domestic and foreign press.

Japanese don't give a shit about white immigrants. In fact, a national poll found that over 50% of Japanese would be okay having an increase of Western Europeans or North American immigrants in their neighborhood.

When you ask the same question about Chinese, Middle Easterners, Koreans, Southeast Asians, etc - there is a majority opposing immigration.

Japanese tend to like Western stuff and Western people. But they look down on scummy third world people, who they rightly think would bring crime and conflict to their society.

You don't need to be a patriot or even love your country to fear the idea of your neighborhood turning into a crime-infested shithole.

I know of at least one Japanese citizen who posts on here. He and I will be attending a Sup Forums meet-up on Friday in Tokyo.

50% being the women who are fed up with Jap men

Is he a cool guy? What's he like and do you know any other Japs who don't just post on 2chan?

Honestly, I haven't met him yet. But because of a thread on Sup Forums last night, at least four of us are going to meet up for drinks on Friday. We've exchanged contact info and it looks like it will really happen.

Most of us are over 30. Three white dudes, and one Japanese dude who spend some years in America.

That makes me mad because thats like a shinto belief isnt it?

World needs an uncuckening short sharp and shiny

You have no idea what you're talking about. Japs are so blue-pilled they don't even realize how nationalist their education and entertainment is. Tell me once you admit war crime and don't rewrite history in your history education books.

There are groups of left-wing Japanese who have been suing the government every time a government official or Prime Minister visits a Shinto shrine.

The left is very opposed to the idea of treating Shinto like a national religion, or giving it any kind of semi-official endorsement. The Prime Ministers who visit shrines tend to say they are doing it in a private capacity.

How much yen do you wanna bet he's an extreme right nationalist and he's gonna kill all three of you when he meets up with you gaijin?

I think it's more acting patriotically that's frowned on whilst the protection of the nation isn't

Sort of like opposite USA

Bro, I have met some extreme right nationalists. Most of them like America. We are their friends in the coming war against the Chinese menace.

Nothing wrong with that.

Had it been sweden they'd tell their athletes to give back the medal, find the niggerest looking dindu and stand them on their place while offering him a dick suck

I really wonder how the Japs can seriously fear China when they raped over a hundred thousand chinks back in 37' and brought the country to its knees

>Murrican (((media))) always playing up the dangers of Putin
>no mention of Pres. Shi

> they don't even realize how nationalist their education and entertainment is

Maybe compared to Scandinavia, which is shamefully anti-nationalist. But in the Asia-Pacific region, Japan has one of the least patriotic educations systems.

See : nippon.com/en/in-depth/a00703/

>or be declared unworthy

China was in complete chaos - with different warlords controlling different parts of the country. It had shit for infrastructure and a crap economy. It's military didn't even have shoes.

Sadly, that isn't the case anymore today. While I hope China's economic bubble will burst, for now, it is rising economically and investing vast amounts of money in its military. And they hate the fuck out of Japan.

Excellent, nothing wrong with patriotism.
Frankly most countries could do with more of it.

Good for him

They don't know about it. Japs genuinely believe they were victims in WWII because discussing the "difficult issues" is a taboo. But with this victimhood they are also extremely pacifist so it's harmless.

Our education doesn't need to be anti-nationalist because we did nothing wrong. Everyone loves learning about the heroes of Winte War. Japs were absolute savages. They don't know it.

>yfw WWIII is centered around east asian racial tensions from the last series of wars all the way back to their grandfathers in nanking

desu he's probably meeting with hiroshimoot

Because the Chinese government openly brainwashes its citizens to be anti Japanese, and does things like pay mobs to smash and burn Japanese businesses in China (like, big chains) - whereas in Japan most people don't care, at worst they say Japan and China should try to get along and at best they might just talk big. But its completely different today than it was then

>Vietnam 75%

Based. When I visited there I saw tons of male and female teenagers in cadet outfits with guns doing some sort of pre-military training.

>Our education doesn't need to be anti-nationalist because we did nothing wrong.

It's easy to do nothing wrong when you didn't even become a country until the 20th century, are a tiny country in the middle of nowhere, that never had the capability to compete with major Western colonial powers.

most north americans are non-white now

Most Japanese wouldn't consider a non-white citizen of a European country to be an actual European, and think of white people when they think of America or Canada. The survey answer reflects that.

that question says
>how much do you trust your leaders?

If you asked
>would you risk your life to fight if your country was invaded?
it would be much higher