Weird request, but are there any movies with a similar atmosphere to Life is Strange? High school, life drama...

Weird request, but are there any movies with a similar atmosphere to Life is Strange? High school, life drama, dorky protagonist, humor isn't too slapstick.

I looked for similar movies but they all recommend time travel movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wf6DpIKgtJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ghost World

Life is Strange is just Tumblr Donnie Darko.

breddygood soundtrack tho

Which one? They both did.

Who cares. Both are good.

Donnie Darko didn't have you solving a murder mystery though. It's more like a giant Lynch fan remade Nancy Drew for this generation.

>Life is Strange is just Tumblr Donnie Darko.
huh wowza

>Both are good
>Both
>good
DD was superior and you know it. The only good episodes of LiS were 1-3.

Film adaptation when?

Thirteen
Virgin Suicides

One can be better but they can both be good. Step up Senpai.

Actually, I would say ep 4 is good too.

The game is LITERALLY butterfly effect but teen girls instead of Ashton Kutcher

Its got a shit ton of influences.

I wish they didn't pussy out on the rape stuff. They never actually implied the girls were getting raped, just photographed naked. Who the fuck kidnaps girls just to take naked pics and not fuck them?

>Both are good.
Life is Tumblr is garbage and you know it

>implying this game is good at all
>a game where it's practically written as it goes or to cater to any Reddit theory imaginable
>a game with the most cringe inducing dialogue with bland and borderline down syndrome voice acting
>none of your choices matter towards the ending
>No real "twist" involving Max or the missing girl as her hallucinations in episode 5 seemingly builds up to one
>Only real emotion driven episode was 2 as it had the best atmosphere out of the 5 and your choices ACTUALLY effect the end

Because he didn't kill them originally and rape would leave evidence. His whole thing was for the 'art'. The kid fucked up and drugged one too much to the point of killing her. It's dumb but it checks out

Nah, I can see why people compare it to Tumblr but it WAS quite fun. I liked the concepts and the characters

Relax pal, don't like it, don't play it.

My serious problems will always be:
>she had visions BEFORE she got her powers
>pick one or the other ending
>episode 5 was pretty nuts at the end

came to this thread just to post this

Why does she look like Eddie Redmayne?

Max is a qt, Chloe was annoying though. Kate is best girl.

Thats Mass Effect Andromeda levels of animation

are you cereal right now?

mein nigger

Comfiest game I've played tbqfh

Literally one of the only things to ever make me cry.

Also third best game of 2015

I AM A GENIUS AT TIME

wait, you didn't choose bay over bae in the end, right Sup Forums?

Childhood is Sacrificing Chloe Adulthood is realizing that Sacrificing Arcadia Bay makes more sense.

Game has issues and I can see why the Sup Forumsirgins wouldn't like it but yeah OP I love the the game and concepts.

The game and plot were terrible but I just found it really comfy for some reason.

This. Driving through the destroyed town with corpses littering the roadside was kino

Don't care about Chloe but making Max lesbo is top tier choice.

is this real? fan made? why

Bay is the real ending. Bae is for waifushits who can't let go of the past.

Besides, Bay has actual money put into it. Bae is just a quickly thrown together mess.

I have seen better Life is Strange fan created webms

>not choosing lesbianism

sad

Chloe's stepdad
Good guy or bad guy?

And was Jefferson REALLY that bad a guy?

Bay is the, "I accept this bullshit plot at face value" ending.
Bae is the logical choice based on the game up until that moment and knowledge of other time travel stories.

I don't remember her wearing that hat and scarf in the game. Think it's fake.

Yes, the actual cutscene ending sucks dick but let me tell why you choosing Bay makes more logical sense even if you don't like Chloe that much.
1. Max and Chloe have no real proof to believe that Chloe being saved is the reason shit is happening. It is merely a theory to them.
2. Max can witness Chloe's death up to 5 times in the entire game (Killed by Nathan/Killed by the train/Shooting herself/Max overdosing her/Killed by Jefferson). Shit is still happening after all these events.
3. During the alternative timeline (William is alive),the events in the bathroom NEVER happened and STILL shit is happening BEFORE Max catches up on that timeline (read the newspaper in Chloe's house).
4. Max has experienced that using time travel to undo the shit she caused has already proven NOT to work as intended. In fact she says at one point "Chloe I can't keep fixing everything if all I'm going to do keep breaking over and over again, I'm afraid I'm fucking all these alternative realities"
5. It gives a valid explanation on why Max obtained the power in the first place. She gains the power to in order to save Chloe.
So why would Max or the player even attempt to go back to the START of everything again? She has no proof that this will work.She has already stated that she can't keep using her power to fix everything when all she does is keep fucking things up. She has been in a different timeline where the bathroom scene NEVER even happened and shit is still going on. What if it doesn't work? What if going back in time to reset everything and cause the deletion of multiple realities actually makes things worse?
The game tricks the player in thinking the final choice is only about choosing one life vs the lives of many and this not true. This is after all, the story of Max and Chloe and what Max would truly want for herself.

>lesbianism
Why would I choose Chloe? Victoria is the best girl

Similarities are pretty strong, never noticed before.
youtube.com/watch?v=wf6DpIKgtJ0

>And was Jefferson REALLY that bad a guy?
...aside from killing people, and preying on emotionally disturbed children?

juno

>don't like it, don't play it.
How will I know if I like it if I don't play it? It's an episodic game, user

Sounds like /our guy/ desu

He didn't even kill originally.
Also, I wish Max kept his journals

Pretty cool, desu.

It could be really good if done right but it probably won't be.

Why isn't there a church to worship Kate?

SLUT

stop right there

What else would you call a whore that has a sex tape of her giving blowjobs to random guys at a party?

>blowjobs

>bretty cool desu

No it's not because:

>During the alternative timeline (William is alive),the events in the bathroom NEVER happened and STILL shit is happening BEFORE Max catches up on that timeline (read the newspaper in Chloe's house)

is fucking retarded reasoning. The events in the bathroom might NEVER have happened but shit is STILL happening because, you fucking mong, Max went back in time and fucked up something completely different instead! She saved Chloe when she should have died in the bathroom in timeline B, and in timeline C she saved William who should have died instead, so in both cases fucking with history causes bad shit to happen

i couldn't find my webm of that

I'm surprised that this thread is actually better than the Life is Strange threads that pop up over at Sup Forums. Remarkably civil so far.

the shining

The first girl I loved
The sisterhood of the knight

Prescottcuck detected
A lot of LiS was inspired by Twin Peaks, they even put a number of obvious references

Yeah no shit that's because they'd whine about tumblr and female empowerment and all that other horse shit that has nothing to do with video games
Garbage board.

So, did you save Chloe or Arcadia Bay?

>tfw no cute Maxine gf
>tfw s2 was supposed to be announced in January

Never go on Sup Forums.
The /lisg/ on /vg/ is really cool, if you get past the lesbian shippers.
Go to /vg/ for anything vidya related

I saved Chloe. It's the human thing to do, not the logical/utilitarian thing.

Anyone who actually played the entire game and didn't love Chloe by the end is a fucking moron.

Ayy waddup I'm from /lisg/

This game is 10/10, but season 1 of TWD is the GOAT 20/20.
That game fucked me up for a week. Couldn't sleep, eat, or think straight. All I did was worry about Clem

Fucking aye user, you go are goddamn right.

thought they already announced it awhile back

They didn't, it was just speculation.
S2 has been confirmed tho. Square Enix needs to get their shit together baka

bae over bay err day

I literally saved Chloe over Acadia bay just to thwart the shitty excuse plot resolution

Didn't even go full lesbo

By the end Warren had become fully likeable so I regretted not putting up with his cannibal holocaust shit in the beginning

Brick maybe?

>both are good
Kill yourself you retarded landwhale

Oh also chloes dad did nothing wrong

And Victoria is pretty cute when you EXPOSE'd her insecurities and get past her shit

Kate was always stupid gonna replay the game and let her die

Brick is amazing

Stopped and thought about it and it's probably exactly the kind of thing OP would be asking for

The ultra stylization is perfect

>Kate was always stupid gonna replay the game and let her die
I agree wholeheartedly. In my first and only playthrough she died, and I didn't even give a shit

I couldnt take this game serious, all the normie meme speak had me rolling on the floor

I know that feel man

well we've crossed the threshhold

this board is done

I went in thinking it would all be tmbler trash, but I actually liked it

I think it's because my expectations were so low

This thread is nice but everyone in it is pathetic. Can't believe Burch is getting actual roles from her shit character and acting in this game.

This board has been absolute shit for years

donnie darko is tumblr donnie darko

life is strange is /u/ donnie darko

= kek

Me too, however all the forced hah exdee slang novelty wore off in the beginning of the 2nd episode and i just ended uo getting drunk with roommate and murdering everyone

Did you guys play Gone Home?

Yet another testament to lesbianism being the purest form of love

Is this an effort to make me think she's cute or god forbid, well written?

Easy A

no, it's supposed to show how shit tier she is by comically comparing her normal self to her handicap self

How are you people liking it. I don't get it. People say they like the characters but they are so stale. For fucks sake, I get why people that hate actually playing real video games like those games but I can't fathom why Sup Forums seems to like them

>lesbianism being the purest form of love
No it's obviously 2 young prepubesant boys touching pewpee's

It's sadder how 4channers rage about it.

Friend simulator for people who don't want to admit that's what they are seeking.
Apparently having he shittiest friend in the world is better than nothing.

Well like I said I went in thinking it would be absolute shit. So when the game did something cool or I liked a part of the story, my low expectations were exceeded

i want to recommend this to my cute gf since she likes mystery and choose-your-own-adventure type games. but she hates when games try too hard to force gay/trans themes. she played A Normal Lost Phone and refused to finish it when she found out the whole point of the game was to find out that the dude was a lady

does LiS push gay/trans characters in your face or is it an optional/subtle thing?

>extra hole
Bring a new meaning to choking her with your dick

yet another example of a tumblr non-game with awful writing and story, parading as thoughtful and deep and being lauded by (((critics))) as the best thing ever