Watched this earlier today without knowing a whole lot about it, because the cast looked awesome...

Watched this earlier today without knowing a whole lot about it, because the cast looked awesome. Ended up getting some real talk about the economy. It is absurd to me that this is classified as a comedy.

The exact same fucking thing is going to happen again, isn't it? We are truly fucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YmfPT47awUg
youtube.com/watch?v=ksIXqxpQNt0
jalopnik.com/loan-crazy-automakers-may-be-ushering-in-the-next-finan-1792605641
nytimes.com/2013/10/13/us/the-soaring-cost-of-a-simple-breath.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
(((nytimes))).com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The movie is a joke because it pretends that some of criminals on wall street didn't know what they were doing

If there's one thing you should take away from this: both sides were in the wrong here.

The government allowed people to buy homes they couldn't afford and the banks / Wall Street saw it as an easy way to make money.

One side always likes to blame the other when in reality both fucked up.

immigrants and poor people got blamed :(

Touche

fuck you trump just fuck you

There's no "both sides" in this. The government and Wall Street are on the same "side."

What the hell kind of use of "touche" is this? You don't say touche for your first post in the thread.

Steve Bannon's #1 goal is to stop it. That's why they keep calling him a white supremacist.

>Don't come to Sup Forums for well written opinions on anything besides kino.

Wew lad

Douche

We are all electrons in the same global circuit now, when there is a short whatever electrons in the area get burnt. It's really not something many people can control, every electron just does whatever the other electrons in the area are doing. We are fucked because the circuit is faulty and easily manipulated so innocents get burned all the time.

>both sides were in the wrong
Incorrect. The bankers did nothing wrong and broke no laws. It isn't their fault that the government had a disastrous economic policy.

topkek. yeah sure. hes TOTALLY not out for personal profit. what a hero.

kys.

Insurance on essentially worthless bonds is worth 23 times the cost of all the mortgages in the entirety of the US.

There are legitimately some people on wallstreet dumb enough to not understand that could cause a problem.
How do these people get jobs again?

>>dindu muffin
JUDEN THIEF DETECTED

Yeah okay. Enjoy your Bernie.

Wall street and the government are on the same side

Finally, an argumentative thread that I actually know something about on here.

Don't worry user, it won't happen again thank to Dodd-Fran-

I'm not a burger but stuff like giving loans to people who can't pay them back, insuring worthless bonds for far more then they could ever foreseeably be worth because america literally doesn't have that much land and giving false ratings to bad loans seem like fraud to me.

>Riskier investments = higher returns.
>Higher returns = higher cost of the security.
The worthlessness of the bonds made the insurance a much better investment. The financial collapse only happened because the government let the housing market crash.

Whether or not you think they're one in the same, they do tend to "blame" each other on who was in the wrong to sway the public either way.

Was just telling OP to not fall for "Le Wall Street is evil and government is good" or vice versa

Dodd-Frank is shit.

Because you know nothing about finance. It is a science and it works a whole lot better without the government always intervening because "muh feefees say that it's fraud".

I guess that makes sense, but it's not like the film portrayed the government as good. They were all too happy to bail out Wall Street and save their own asses at the cost of the taxpayers'.

>The exact same fucking thing is going to happen again, isn't it? We are truly fucked.
Yup.

>real talk
There is no 'real talk' coming from Hollywood.

Not now. Not ever.

Especially with Turmp in orifice. Throwing out Dodd-Frank is pure fucking genius!

>>real talk
>There is no 'real talk' coming from Hollywood.
>Not now. Not ever.

Yes fraud is actually fucking illegal

yet not a single wall street banker was prosecuted under Obama and Eric Holder.

It's just like Wolf of Wall street except there isn't even the part at the end where people get arrested and do 3 months in jail.

youtube.com/watch?v=YmfPT47awUg

Instead the banks got trillions of dollars for free from the FED as a reward for destroying the economy

The Rage Against the Machine of film.

Just from top to bottom crypto-corporate horseshit propaganda.

That's a rather myopic statement.

But he's making America great again user! Surely he's looking out for us little people, I bet Dodd-Frank was an evil globalist scheme thought up by the psychic vampires. It's really in our best interest to repeal it, just like it's a great idea to put a Goldman Sachs executive in charge of Treasury.

Give it up shareblue. It's over.

youtube.com/watch?v=ksIXqxpQNt0

Wasn't that the point though? The bonds were supposed to low risk low reward so they became way over issued then when they all went belly up at the same time everyone who was sitting on them as a safe asset lost titanically large sums of money?

>Have a great but limited product that sells we and gives a great RoI
> Run out of product but want to keep printing money so knowingly relabel a series of shitter products and sell them any way
>Collude with a watchdog agency to ensure the consumer can't be made aware of your fraud
>Blow up the economy when your plan inevitable y comes to light when you succession of ever shitter products begin to fail
>Not illegal

Eagles wept at the thought of all this freedom.

The point was to crash the market, make some $$$, and change the mood of the country to transition from (((Bush))) to ((((Obama))).

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU FUCKING MORON AHAHAHAHA

Did you completely missed out on Trump daying he's going after Dodd Trank reforms? Or how he appointed Wall Street scumbags?

You fucking hillbillies will get fucked over so hard by Trump you wont even believe it.

Shareblue plz go

>Anyone who disagrees with me is a shill

Coal is dead, the Democrats plan to train coal industry workers to work in renewable energy on the government's dime was a realistic solution to the issues the coal industry is facing. The fact that you have to change the subject when I was criticizing the repeal of Dodd-Frank shows that you're too stupid to understand why repealing it was bad in the first place.

They were lower risk in the sense that they had a AAA rating. But no bond is high yield and low risk, that is impossible.

And yes. No laws were broken, that means it is not illegal. A small market correction was exacerbated by bad economic policies that did nothing but increase the size of banks that were already too big to fail.

Dodd Frank is worse than cancer. The faster that shit is gone the better.

>It is a science
Kek so is gender studies.

Hey, if you liked the housing bubble, get ready for this:

jalopnik.com/loan-crazy-automakers-may-be-ushering-in-the-next-finan-1792605641

Can you imagine being so stupid that you voted for your own death? Trump voters, ladies and gentlemen.

Explain why exactly, tell me why Dodd-Frank is "worse than cancer". Use facts to demonstrate what makes it so horrible.

>it's a science goy. Like polls, ratings, CTE, and global warming

>Don't know nothing about finance.
>Its a science

LOLOLOL. Its just a bunch of coke-snorting ludopaths trying to make a quick buck. Not even real economics is a "science" like you think it is. Shit hits the fan, and proper government regulation is needed for markets to work well.

How is it possible the fucking right has yet to grasp this after all the shit went down less than 10 years ago? You stubborn fucking idiots scare the shit out of me with your advocacy for "free marketeering" when you clearly know nothing about the refulatory environment nor the causes of the problems that rose up less than a decade ago."

t. Real economist.

It's not over dipshit

The real outrage isn't that nobody was prosecuted, its that everything that went down isn't illegal.

This movie was shit tho. Completely missed the cause of the financial crisis; CDOs by themselves aren't inherently the issue but rather how the risk was assessed on them. See: gaussian copula.

The movie does a decent job of explaining simple financial instruments to those who can't be bothered to read a finance textbook, but at the same it's obvious that the guy who wrote the book has no clue what he's talking about when it comes to the actual causes of the financial crisis.

This is fucking sad man

So everyone keeps saying it wasn't illegal ok fine, I'll accept statute may not have caught up with the bond issue.

What about the ratings agency(ies)? The way I see it they either knowingly enacted fraud by intentionally giving false ratings or their ratings are worthless and always have been so why do they still get business?

>"I never thought the leopards would eat MY face," sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating Peoples' Faces Party

>I know absolutely jack shit about anything related to economics, but I'll still talk shit about it cuz my glorious overlord wants to remove regulations just for the sake of it.

I fucking DARE you to give me ONE example on how Dodd Frank is cancer and it should be removed. Btw, that whole "muh medium banks" thing is complete bullshit, so shove it up your own ass.

>What about the ratings agency(ies)

They seem to be the reason for everything that went wrong.

Well it was a critically acclaimed and commercially successful movie so I'd say you're in the minority about it being "shit."

What I find fascinating is that it comes from the same director as Anchorman, of all fucking things.

Hey, at least they really stuck it to those libtards lol.

Still waiting on that explanation user. Dodd-Frank is "worse than cancer", obviously you should be able to tell me why right? What makes Dodd-Frank so awful that it needed to be repealed?

When they're lying on their death bed, which will be in a trailer and not a hospital, they'll be able to say "at least I got to post some dank Pepe's".

>retarded regulations get the economy into a rut
>"we need more regulations to make the economy better!"
>growth stagnates because of oppressive regulation
>"see, this is what a healthy economy looks like! #i'mwithher"
You aren't an economist, you are a shill. Do this country a favor and never vote.

>reducing the number of banks is a good thing ;^)

It fixed nothing and actively hurt small and medium sized banks. I mean I guess Dodd Frank is good for JP Morgan, but that's pretty bad for the rest of us.

I mean it was shit at explaining the subject of the entire movie, the financial crisis. Sure it has good acting and directing or whatever, doesn't change the fact that it's full of misinformation and sacrifices accuracy and depth in exchange for Hollywood sensationalism and melodrama.

I guess it's expected considering it was made by and for those who don't care to research finance and economics themselves and would rather have a movie tell them what to think.

At least they get to keep muh guns

>Well it was a critically acclaimed and commercially successful movie so I'd say you're in the minority about it being "shit."

Because Trump said so.

Do you honestly believe this fucking moron has a fucking idea in his mind as to why its cancer? Of course he doesn't. At MOST, he'll have some faint argument about how government regulation is always bad. Bu I guarantee you is that he probably saw some asspull on Sup Forums that shit on DF that lacked any real fact to back it up.

These are the people who truly believe Trump cares about the "little guy" when nothing in his policies or rhetoric validates that.

That's not a good enough answer. You're not telling me HOW it hurt small and medium sized banks. Which provisions within Dodd-Franks hurt the small and medium sized banks and in what way? Nothing you posted leads me to believe you have any understanding of Dodd-Frank at all. Why should I take your word for it?

Kek these are gold

Didn't you hear? Hollywood knows much more about finance and economics than people who actually work in those fields. You are wrong and dumb because the Daily Show said so.

>muh austrian free market school of """""" economics""""""

Holy fuck it's because of you people and your unfounded logical leaps that no one takes economics seriously.

>Votes for Trump because "he cares about the coal industry"
>Trump repeals their black lung benefits
>People with black lung can't get any other insurance because republicans repealed ACA and insurance companies can deny coverage over pre-existing conditions again
>Die

Really the cream of the crop, a very well informed voter base, the very best.

Oh and I'm sure you know so much because you're right there on Wall Street with all of them, right? Fuck off.

>Daily Show
Fuck off. I don't care for your political obsessions. The movie was inaccurate and blinded by sensationalism, that doesn't change the fact that a lack of regulation is what lead to the financial crisis. Take your inane ramblings about how the big bad gubmint is bullying those poor bankers and cronies and fuck off to Sup Forums.

>Retarded de-regulation completely assfucks the world economy
> Muh freedoms
> It takes almost a decade for the world to recover, and many economies are still in a slup or decelerating. However, the US is way ahead of the curve in terms of job creation and growth even during shitty times
>Fucking Obongo ruined the economy

Two fucking things you NEED to understand: Lack of regulation allowed for the financial crisis to happen. And that the economic policies of the Obama administration managed to pull your country out of the gutter. These are fucking FACTS, there are countless of academic articles on this.

And those regulations are placed so systemic risk is reduced, NO ONE gives a fuck about these made up "small and medium banks" when there is a much bigger problem that could potentially assrape the whole economy AGAIN. Also, its become increasingly clear that the financial system, when left unregulated, just conglomerates, makeing the problem worse off.

Honestly I don't know why I bother telling this to a fucking idiot like yourself. It's not like you'll ever listen to reason.

>Fuck off. I don't care for your political obsessions. The movie was inaccurate and blinded by sensationalism, that doesn't change the fact that a lack of regulation is what lead to the financial crisis. Take your inane ramblings about how the big bad gubmint is bullying those poor bankers and cronies and fuck off to Sup Forums.

>The movie was inaccurate and blinded by sensationalism
I mean, it is still a Hollywood movie right? I wouldn't call it an educational experience but it's still more accurate than something like braveheart.

Not even remotely an argument.

>vote Trump because you want to stop "white genocide"
>Trump ends up killing poor whites in droves

Wow the Sup Forumstard is literally pissing himself from getting btfo so hard.

Wait until you realize that Obama care had a recommended drugs list that was actually a you can ONLY buy these drugs list and people have been making metric shit tons of money off the program.

Ahh yes the I cant think of anything relevent to post so post jew picture. This is JIDF officer user I'm bringing you in.

The plan is to fuck up the economy so bad that brown people no longer want to immigrate here. How else are we going to make America white again?

>white people start illegally immigrating to Mexico

Isn't Shkreli one of the people who took advantage of that? And he went to jail, but I'm not sure if that was related.

>there is literally one alt right babby in this thread that got lost on his way to r/The_Donald and is now trying to argue that we should let bankers and millionaires fuck the economy all they want because Trump said do
>and his arguments are supported by reddit frogs and da joos images

Really make you think.™

> Muh poor juden bankers
> Muh poor oil and coal companies
> My shitty job in a failing auto industry

Holy shit, how can poor white americans be so fucking stupid to defend these chucklefucks who have repeatedly fucked them over su fucking hard over the past four decades. How fucking stupid can these inbred hillbillies be? At least they pretty much signed their own death sentence these elections.

The worst timeline or the best?

Well it's going to suck if you're one of the rust-belt idiots who got suckered into voting for Trump

Here in California we're going to laugh our asses off

Not entirely sure it was one on the list but shrekli did a decent job of pulling attention to what America largely ignores: how big pharma has been butt fucking America raw.

They even concocted the whole EPA fiasco about their propellants destroying the e-zine layer so they were required to switch propellants and then charge quadruple the price on "I need this to live" medications like asthma inhalers.

Other countries you can buy an entire fucking box of asthma inhalers for what they charge for a single one here.

Oh and dont forget to get your asthma preventive medication! It's only $300 for a 2 month supply when it was $35 before this inconvenience of propellants change.

Is Nevada going to be okay?

Nevada is already a desert wasteland, how much worse can it get?

>auditors that get paid to catch shit like this couldn't find it or wouldn't report it
>took a literal autist to oust this shit
figures, it probably could have been much much worse

nytimes.com/2013/10/13/us/the-soaring-cost-of-a-simple-breath.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Read this shit if you want even a slight idea of how badly Americans are fucked by big pharma, how this shit is legal is beyond me.

It's going to happen in Australia soon, except unlike the USA, it won't damage the entire world, and it's going to be WAY worse in its own nation

Because laws exist to protect the big guy from the little guy, not the other way around.

>(((nytimes))).com
>Read this shit if you want even a slight idea of how badly Americans are fucked by big pharma...

yeah, no

Yeah, true. Just was curious since I think we went blue.

Unlike other countries, where the government directly or indirectly sets an allowed national wholesale price for each drug, the United States leaves prices to market competition among pharmaceutical companies, including generic drug makers. But competition is often a mirage in today’s health care arena — a surprising number of lifesaving drugs are made by only one manufacturer — and businesses often successfully blunt market forces.

Lmao free market is totalllly goooood brooooo!

I didn't like Obama. I don't like Trump. But you can do this kind of "OH NO I DON'T ACTUALLY LIKE [policy] ANYMORE" with any fucking candidate and their supporters.

>Thejeeeeeeews!
Fucking inbred moron.