I was born in 1996, so I was too young to watch this guy in his prime. Just how good was he...

I was born in 1996, so I was too young to watch this guy in his prime. Just how good was he? Where does he rank in the list of all-time great strikers?

Better than Trezeguet
Worse than Henry
in my h opinion

he was a modest guy he sends all his money to his mom

Top 10 centreforwards in modern football (last 3 decades)

>implayinging

>>>r/soccer

?

this, el bati was amazing

>them swastikas
how did they get away with this

Blooter babby. Never played for a top club.

Same level as the Original Marcos Alonso

So what? The first thing people think about when they think about Fiorentina is Batistuta or the color purple. You can still be world class on a second tier team. Pele, Maradona, Shearer, etc all prove this.

Also, winning one scudetto with Roma is more impressive than winning four with Juve.

damn, those are undeniably swastikas too

call me grandpa but I miss when goalkeepers were big apes and strykers had the power of a thoushand suns in their legs
now it's just midgets chiping the ball over homosexual goalkeepers

Playstyle-wise, he was like a Shearer that was actually good instead if a big fish in a small pond in a weak league at the time.

Here in Brazil we know him as the last argie to be born who wasn't a choker.

They didn’t, they had to get rid of them pretty quickly.

He was the only player to shoot 9 power and 9 accuracy in Winning Eleven 4, the GOAT game, so that should tell you everything.

>implying you can even remember him

Shut your monkey mouth retard

>Blooter babby
it's like you're trying to make that sould like a bad thing

>His country produces the leading homosexual goalkeeper chipping manlets

The eternal GOAT. He was a pure striker, very rarely brought anyone else into play. He could score from anywhere, in any way, with either foot. His work rate was incredible, pressure always washed off him and he's a top bloke.

In English terms, he was all the best of Shearer combined with the best of Le Tissier. I love him, lads.

He had the same problem that Maradona had before him and Riquelme would have after him: he landed into a small team that had no history and he liked it so much there he stayed for many years.
He could've easily gotten a transference to a better team; in fact, every year he had dozens offers. He finally went to Rome when he was declining with 31 years old and injuries, and finally won a Scudetto.
Had he left Fiorentina earlier he would've gotten a lot more titles, awards and recognition. I think he made a huge mistake staying so long in such a crap team.

Wikipedia defines his playing style pretty accurate: A quick, hard-working, and powerful player, with an eye for goal and a good all-round game, Batistuta is considered one of the most complete, feared and prolific strikers of his generation. As a forward, he was primarily known for his technique, offensive movement off the ball, strength in the air, and powerful, clinical finishing ability with both feet from anywhere on the pitch, despite being naturally right-footed; he also possessed an excellent positional sense, as well as an ability to anticipate defenders in the area, score acrobatic goals from volleys or bicycle kicks, and strike the ball first time from tight angles while on the run. He was also highly regarded due to his accurate heading and powerful free-kick taking abilities; although he was a competent penalty taker, his conversion rate from the spot throughout his career was less reliable, however. In addition to his skill and goalscoring abilities, Batistuta frequently stood out on the pitch throughout his career due to his leadership and fair-play. Diego Maradona stated that Batistuta is the best striker he has ever seen play the game.
Personally what striked me the most from the qualities they mentioned there was how he could strike the ball from almost any position. Whereas most strikers would first put the ball down, stop the movement and shoot, he would often shoot right as it came.

I wish he was my dad

this

Argentina hasn't won a title since he retired

>The eternal GOAT
>Lists something which could be seen as something incredibly negative

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

he drove a yugo